Building a trading system - What to look out for? Tips/Suggestions?

jb1981

Hi Guys,

I'd like to know from the experienced traders here on some tips or suggestions to bear in mind. I am in the process of building a trading system. I'm not a quant guy and neither am I a big fan of EA's so stuff like profit factor/sharpe ratio etc looks good to read for me (and that's about it).

I'm into day 2 of testing my trading system. I've linked it up to myfxbook and FF. Into my 2nd day and managed to find a small improvement to my method.

So the question is...

Besides logging the trades and doing a post trade analysis, is there anything else to bear in mind?

I've (by chance) put my system to the extreme which includes accidentally choosing a rather high spread broker with a min. lot size of 0.1 and plan to trade this method tomorrow (High event day...).

At the end of my testing period, how do I translate the system into a live environment of $500 equity/ 1:100 leverage/ 0.01lot trade conditions?

Any answers to the above + any other inputs welcome.

Hi Guys,

I'd like to know from the experienced traders here on some tips or suggestions to bear in mind. I am in the process of building a trading system. I'm not a quant guy and neither am I a big fan of EA's so stuff like profit factor/sharpe ratio etc looks good to read for me (and that's about it).

I'm into day 2 of testing my trading system. I've linked it up to myfxbook and FF. Into my 2nd day and managed to find a small improvement to my method.

So the question is...

Besides logging the trades and doing a post trade analysis, is there anything else to bear in mind?

I've (by chance) put my system to the extreme which includes accidentally choosing a rather high spread broker with a min. lot size of 0.1 and plan to trade this method tomorrow (High event day...).

At the end of my testing period, how do I translate the system into a live environment of $500 equity/ 1:100 leverage/ 0.01lot trade conditions?

Any answers to the above + any other inputs welcome.

my tip is be very very defensive in your trading style/systems ............otherwise you will lose in the long term :smart:

N

What do you mean defensive?

Be conservative in risk management, or something else?