Building a trading system - What to look out for? Tips/Suggestions?

jb1981

13 0
Hi Guys,

I'd like to know from the experienced traders here on some tips or suggestions to bear in mind. I am in the process of building a trading system. I'm not a quant guy and neither am I a big fan of EA's so stuff like profit factor/sharpe ratio etc looks good to read for me (and that's about it).

I'm into day 2 of testing my trading system. I've linked it up to myfxbook and FF. Into my 2nd day and managed to find a small improvement to my method.

So the question is...

Besides logging the trades and doing a post trade analysis, is there anything else to bear in mind?

I've (by chance) put my system to the extreme which includes accidentally choosing a rather high spread broker with a min. lot size of 0.1 and plan to trade this method tomorrow (High event day...).

At the end of my testing period, how do I translate the system into a live environment of $500 equity/ 1:100 leverage/ 0.01lot trade conditions?

Any answers to the above + any other inputs welcome.

NVP

Legendary member
37,535 1,988
Hi Guys,

I'd like to know from the experienced traders here on some tips or suggestions to bear in mind. I am in the process of building a trading system. I'm not a quant guy and neither am I a big fan of EA's so stuff like profit factor/sharpe ratio etc looks good to read for me (and that's about it).

I'm into day 2 of testing my trading system. I've linked it up to myfxbook and FF. Into my 2nd day and managed to find a small improvement to my method.

So the question is...

Besides logging the trades and doing a post trade analysis, is there anything else to bear in mind?

I've (by chance) put my system to the extreme which includes accidentally choosing a rather high spread broker with a min. lot size of 0.1 and plan to trade this method tomorrow (High event day...).

At the end of my testing period, how do I translate the system into a live environment of $500 equity/ 1:100 leverage/ 0.01lot trade conditions?

Any answers to the above + any other inputs welcome.

my tip is be very very defensive in your trading style/systems ............otherwise you will lose in the long term :smart:

N

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock