Broker with a master and sub-accounts

Sheen

1. Are there any futures brokers that offer a master account from which the trades are automatically allocated to sub-accounts? What is the proper name of such a structure?
2. Do I have to be a CTA to open such a master account if I don't accept US clients?
3. How many sub-accounts can be efficiently managed using one master account?

I believe that Interactive Brokers offer a friends and family account, where you can have up to 5 or 10 accounts linked with a master account and can make deposits into each one that can then be traded from the master account. In terms of CTA requirement, they do not require you to have it, but the require that you electronically sign to say that you have the relevant qualifications and take full responsibility for any regulatory requirements in your region. This is the only broker I can think of that provides a structure similar to the one you want.

Tom
Fade 'n' Scales

1. Are there any futures brokers that offer a master account from which the trades are automatically allocated to sub-accounts? What is the proper name of such a structure?
2. Do I have to be a CTA to open such a master account if I don't accept US clients?
3. How many sub-accounts can be efficiently managed using one master account?

Hello Sheen,

It is called a Block Account. Please send me an email at [email protected] if you are still interested and I will be able to help you set this type of account.

I am a Futures broker at Global Futures.

Thank you,
Michelle