Brexit - in or out

You may be able to stop the EU citizens but whether we are in or out makes little difference to those from outside the EU who kill themselves (sometimes literally) trying to get here. So how will leaving the EU enable us to "take back control" so far as they are concerned? I feel so stupid having to explain this :LOL:

I think we are capable of removing illegals, give the military something to do instead of pretending we hate Russia.

I think we are capable of removing illegals, give the military something to do instead of pretending we hate Russia.

Errm military don't get involved with civil duties.

You thinking like the French National Gerdarmerie as in the French military forces used for public duties.

You are becoming dodgy thinking European, like a Frenchmen even. Whatever next. Perhaps you should be exorcised. :cheesy:

Who is "we", if "we" means our ulterior motive, self agenda driven corrupt government, then "we" isn't on "our" side........:p

We=UK

"Self agenda driven corrupt government" blimey, you really got the bit between your teeth :LOL:

This screwed the market town I was born, left there at 5 to the nicer outer country and beach areas of Norfolk. Now in Sunny Australia.

From the 1950’s Thetford became a London overspill town. In 1953 the Thetford Borough Council approached the London County Council to become part of the town's expansion scheme. An agreement was signed in 1957 and work began on new housing estates to accommodate 5,000 Londoners. In 1960 another 5,000 Londoners moved to Thetford increasing the population to about 17,000 people. An additional 1,500 houses were built by 1965. Development then shifted to the Abbey Farm estate to the north of the river, construction of which started in 1967, with 1,000 houses, public open spaces and footpaths. By the late 1980s the population of Thetford had reached around 21,000 people, this enormous increase in population meant that Thetford grew faster than any other town in Norfolk, and indeed in the whole country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_overspill

Is now been over taken by the Portuguese.
They can't be any worse than the London over spill, surely not.

But you do need to control what and who comes in other wise you end up with a lot more places like Thetford, not good places.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2007/sep/29/immigrationandasylum.britishidentityandsociety

You may be able to stop the EU citizens but whether we are in or out makes little difference to those from outside the EU who kill themselves (sometimes literally) trying to get here. So how will leaving the EU enable us to "take back control" so far as they are concerned? I feel so stupid having to explain this :LOL:
As it stands the government has to fight in a EU court for the right to send migrants back to their first EU country they entered. If we were out of the EU then we wouldn't need to fight them we simply send them back as they entered the UK illegally. I know it sounds harsh and I feel sorry for those people. They should however have sufficient freedom in any EU country they enter and being picky about which countries they want shouldn't be up for debate. Freedom should be acceptable as its given. Picking where you want to go doesn't showcase freedom, this is sugar coating economic migration. The ones that are trying their best to come here are not trying to escape war, they are trying to obtain access to a better economy. They should be happy accepting any EU country if they were escaping war.

As it stands the government has to fight in a EU court for the right to send migrants back to their first EU country they entered. If we were out of the EU then we wouldn't need to fight them we simply send them back as they entered the UK illegally. I know it sounds harsh and I feel sorry for those people. They should however have sufficient freedom in any EU country they enter and being picky about which countries they want shouldn't be up for debate. Freedom should be acceptable as its given. Picking where you want to go doesn't showcase freedom, this is sugar coating economic migration. The ones that are trying their best to come here are not trying to escape war, they are trying to obtain access to a better economy. They should be happy accepting any EU country if they were escaping war.

Send them back where? Lots don't have or destroy any documentation that identifies where they came from.

It's ok people...we can all stay calm...the battle is won we are leaving.

The markets took a while to give their verdict...but this week started delivering the message.
A massive shift this week in the opinion polls to out.
Now watch those betting odds crumble.
Momentum finally showed up in the swing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...oris-johnson-nigel-farage-david-a7075131.html

:LOL: :LOL: Brilliant...poor old paddy power and bet365 will be running to the gov for a bail out. "You promised us we would stay in Dave"...:-0

Be scared. Be very scared.

OMG! :-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0

Are these the visionary men to lead the UK in to the deepest and darkest periods of economic decline?

brexit-michael-gove-boris-johnson.jpg

Potential PM and Chancellor in the making. :rolleyes:

TakeControl - Too Right!

Are these the visionary men to lead the UK in to the deepest and darkest periods of economic decline?

TakeControl - Too Right!

I think the scaremongering phase is done....it is now obvious we are leaving.
I know it won't be much consolation, but I've known for a while :LOL:

It's time to start talking about the new reality and to make sure as a country we don't falter in our endeavours.

So if the remainians could all stop with the negativity, that would be a good start.

Cheers.

I think the scaremongering phase is done....it is now obvious we are leaving.
I know it won't be much consolation, but I've known for a while :LOL:

It's time to start talking about the new reality and to make sure as a country we don't falter in our endeavours.

So if the remainians could all stop with the negativity, that would be a good start.

Cheers.

The Bremainers will probably try to tank the economy so that they do not look stupid when the UK actually prospers on its own. The UK will prosper on its own and I suspect that that is what the fear is about.

The EU will lose 15% of its GDP. Single digit declines in GDP have wreaked havoc with economies. I shutter to think what will happen when they loose a $2.7 trillion economy. What about the free trade you ask? It is as @counter_violent said, the UK has had a decreased reliance on the EU from the get-go.

The UK has nowhere to go but up. Immigrants will not be able to freely cross into the UK and leech on the NHS, to my knowledge anyway. The financial burden of supporting bankrupt and inefficient economies like Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and pretty much every country south of France will be lifted.

No more EU directives, hello sovereignty.

The Bremainers will probably try to tank the economy so that they do not look stupid when the UK actually prospers on its own. The UK will prosper on its own and I suspect that that is what the fear is about.

The EU will lose 15% of its GDP. Single digit declines in GDP have wreaked havoc with economies. I shutter to think what will happen when they loose a $2.7 trillion economy. What about the free trade you ask? It is as @counter_violent said, the UK has had a decreased reliance on the EU from the get-go.

The UK has nowhere to go but up. Immigrants will not be able to freely cross into the UK and leech on the NHS, to my knowledge anyway. The financial burden of supporting bankrupt and inefficient economies like Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and pretty much every country south of France will be lifted.

No more EU directives, hello sovereignty.

You can include France in that group. They have no political leadership willing to make the changes so desperately needed. They used to vie with us in the gdp rankings for 4th and 5th spot. In recent times we have overtaken them and opened up a relatively large gap. If we carry on and expand trade outside the EU, as the EU project falls apart, we could really close the gdp gap on Germany. Now wouldn't that be something !

The problem with migration today is the restrictions.

Societies can handle free migration if governments didn't interfere.

So if one has monies one should be able to travel and live off ones means, friends or pay for their own food and shelter and adaptation costs. All within the rules and laws of the host country.

All people know this and if left to the individual legitimate services could be set up in the private industry to cater and thus generating and bringing the cross migration of populace into a manageable proportions.

With restrictions the whole system is skewed so instead of the flows being subject to as and when people choose to travel it's like mass influx of millions.

National borders to me is a little like cages for containing and controlling people like in zoos. Setting boundaries is a restriction of freedom imo.

People are the same everywhere. What we have to look out for is segregation in all it's forms. :idea:

This is also why the European dream is a fantastic one which I vote for.

Restrictions exist for a reason. They aren't necessarily cumbersome. They just want to make sure that you had good character and are not a convicted felon. You have some kind of skill and can support yourself in your host nation so you don't become a burden to them. And lately, they want to make sure you don't have terrorist connections if you are from the Middle East or a gangbanging drug cartel dude from South America.

People are not the same everywhere. Last week, a woman in Pakistan burned her 17 year old daughter alive because she wanted to marry a boy that was not a member of their caste.

Women in Asia have acid thrown in their face if they reject a boy's advances and are murdered for honor killings.

In Malawi, they hunt down albinos and sell their body parts because some people think it gives them magical powers to eat them.

In many areas of Africa they kill people they think are witches. They kill homosexuals by throwing tires over them and burning them alive.

In the Middle East, they'll arrest a woman for showing her face in public or cut off your head if you aren't Muslim. Have you ever heard of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia ? Those are the holy cities of Islam. If you are not Muslim, you are not welcome. They will arrest you if you are not....and they print the warning signs in English.

I wish I could say that everyone was the same and we all had the same values, but we don't. Perhaps one day we will and wars might be eliminated. But until everyone shares the same values, it's not going to happen.

Last edited:

TakeControl - Too Right!

Why to be scared of two men who passionately believe in their country, their values, their borders?

Can't be bothered to find a picture of Tony Blair, sure you have plenty on your bedroom wall though to share. He didn't believe in his country and borders or people. Certainly not his soldiers either.

As for Cameron, he couldn't come back with even an ice-cream concession from Brussels. Rather like the pensioner who had one at Reigate, I think, who lost it after 30 years to a Pole, who no doubt is claiming children's allowance for the kids he may or may not have who never joined him here.

Last edited: