Brexit - in or out

The betting market still giving Trump a higher chance of becoming president than the UK leaving the EU.:LOL:

How come the remainians are losing the argument then.
If it was so clear cut, the odds would not be going down but up :)
They have used up all their bazookas.....now down to hand to hand combat :LOL:

I thought George Osborn put it well when he said yes Britain will prevail after Brexit but it will not thrive. I think that pretty much sums it up for me.

(y)

:rolleyes:

Because the EU is an inward looking failed project where protectionism rules.
If CMC want to continue doing 30% of their business in EU countries, then they will need an EU office (compliance)

And stop misquoting what he said. He said the main company business headquarters would remain in the UK......therefore any EU office would be a regional office

I thought George Osborn put it well when he said yes Britain will prevail after Brexit but it will not thrive. I think that pretty much sums it up for me.

(y)

Just get used to the idea that you will lose this vote:LOL:

When Cameron and Osborne lose the vote, they will not be long in office.
Don't worry about Boris getting the job cos that won't happen either.
New leaders will emerge who are more in tune with where we find ourselves post brexit.

Sir John Nott.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...efence-secretary-sir-john-nott-suspends-tory/

Last edited:
Anyone see the problem here.
The Two leading remainers don't even believe in the EU :LOL:
Both of them will say anything at any time depending on which audience they are trying to convince.

Jees what a mauling.
Osborne response to the migration numbers...we will end non EU migration and get the numbers down from 320,000 to 180,000 (this is still nowhere near the 10's of thousands figure) (and discriminates against anyone from outside the EU.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...nterviews-leave-or-remain-2-george-osborne-mp

I'm thinking this vote isn't even going to be close.:LOL:

Last edited:
Anyone see the problem here.
The Two leading remainers don't even believe in the EU :LOL:
Both of them will say anything at any time depending on which audience they are trying to convince.

Jees what a mauling.
Osborne response to the migration numbers...we will end non EU migration and get the numbers down from 320,000 to 180,000 (this is still nowhere near the 10's of thousands figure) (and discriminates against anyone from outside the EU.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...nterviews-leave-or-remain-2-george-osborne-mp

I'm thinking this vote isn't even going to be close.:LOL:

Pound and the old gal FTSE think you staying mate.:LOL:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 116
I have just got a note from my broker about commission rates going up from June 12th. They say it is to cover the uncertainties of the referendum.

steeply

Attachments

• new rates.PNG
    new rates.PNG
    134 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
No. She did sorted the country out and made it a desirable place to do business. It is not the job of government to provide everyone with jobs. All they can do is set the scene. That is why we out perform now compared to the rest of the EU. The EU point blank refuse to reform.

Our association with the failed EU project puts a drag on our ability to do trade with the rest of the world. We are in a period of globalisation. We are not allowed to trade with the expanding parts of the world because of our EU association.

All this nonsense being bandied about how we need to be part of a bigger trading /negotiating block.

As usual, the majority have their thinking all completely ass about face.

No, it's not the business of government to provide jobs but to encourage (invest in) industries that will set us for the future. When people can weave cloth far cheaper than here invest in making the machinery for them to use, that sort of thing. And where's our computer and high tech industry. Bits and pieces only and no global power houses that we should have.

And, of course, you choose not to answer whether the foreign companies who have come "to do business here" have done so in large part because we are their gateway to Europe as well as having a good business climate.

No, it's not the business of government to provide jobs but to encourage (invest in) industries that will set us for the future. When people can weave cloth far cheaper than here invest in making the machinery for them to use, that sort of thing. And where's our computer and high tech industry. Bits and pieces only and no global power houses that we should have.

And, of course, you choose not to answer whether the foreign companies who have come "to do business here" have done so in large part because we are their gateway to Europe as well as having a good business climate.

What you say is very true Barjon.

Clear example here, without the EU the Airbus consortium and the Euro fighter would be unthinkable. (y)

Well not to appear glib, but if conditions for doing business in the UK are generally good, then nothing changes in that respect. They are still good. The problem with the EU is that it is incapable of dealing with globalisation and are inward looking. We on the other hand are much better prepared and aligned to do business anywhere we chose, including Europe. There is zero chance that the EU can afford to mess us about over trade.
Bit of a mute point . If we leave, then the EU project is history anyway.

Now about this declining share of gdp that the UK does with Europe !
We are clearly doing more business...we must be doing it somewhere !:)

:LOL: mostly 2/7 with a bit of 1/4 for remain with 11/4 and some 3/1 for leave.

The money is still talking remain

I think a lot of people are going to wake up on the 24th wondering what just happened :LOL:
Then the fun will start !

I think a lot of people are going to wake up on the 24th wondering what just happened :LOL:
Then the fun will start !

aye, if we got the wrong (right) result unscrambling all the joint ventures for a start will tie up negotiating teams for years. Just have to recruit a few thousand more unelected bureaucrats to do it :LOL:

aye, if we got the wrong (right) result unscrambling all the joint ventures for a start will tie up negotiating teams for years. Just have to recruit a few thousand more unelected bureaucrats to do it :LOL:

The lawyers probably started all this kerfuffle to make mega bucks.

Blair and major are off to Ireland to try and scaremonger some more votes...I hope they have selected their audience pretty well or there could be eggs and tomatoes flying, the irish and Scottish won't be dictated to by them two ejits..:LOL:

Brexit will hasten my departure from the UK :whistling

Guys you can't afford to lose talent like mine. :cheesy:

I'm tellin ya. BetterIN (y)

An opportunity in Canada has popped into the horizon. What do I do?