Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Thanks for the thread brewski.. Try it again but start taking profits

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I enjoyed doing these trades as frustrating as it was. Any of those trades could have gone onto 10k+ profit though, my downfall was tight stops not refusing to take profits.

Overcoming the psychological need to take profits and bank small winners is something most people never achieve. Do or die

I enjoyed doing these trades as frustrating as it was. Any of those trades could have gone onto 10k+ profit though, my downfall was tight stops not refusing to take profits.

Overcoming the psychological need to take profits and bank small winners is something most people never achieve. Do or die
An institutional trader gave me some very good advise in this regard. I used to find extreme difficulty in choosing where to take profit and often would see my demo account at the time go from profit to loss. He said to me to look at what the average daily range is and use that as context to defining profit taking zones. Another tip that was bestowed to me but more in context to my approach to the market was to consider the impact of an event and subsequent price action and if it isn't doing what you expect then move onto another trade.

Anyway, I hope you get back on track and take this to another level. If you can take profits and get out when things clearly aren't doing what you want then you have a chance of an epic 10k profit thread. I guess the leverage changes are going to prevent that from happening.

It’s obvious, don’t use break even stops and take profits more frequently.

Attempting to repeat your lucky run is just wasting time, it could be a 1 in 10 event or (more likely) a 1 in 10000 event.

You’ve got a grand to lose, lose it in style [emoji23]

Just looked at Dow and I’m gutted! I’ve been buying the **** out of it for a couple weeks and as soon as I’m cleaned out it makes a decent move...

I highly suspect I would have added and been taken out though

I could do but I’m not going to. 1k was the challenge and I know when to stop whereas real gambling addicts would have reloaded and lost by now.

Right I’ve loaded up another 1k and I’m going all out full on full pelt 100% maximum red line leverage abuse cos YOLO right?

Just bought Dow 75p a point, I’ll be retiring on this next week

I haven’t really, what a joke these changes are...:rolleyes:

Right I’ve loaded up another 1k and I’m going all out full on full pelt 100% maximum red line leverage abuse cos YOLO right?

How can you abuse leverage off the back of ESMA?

Ha, I read the first line and not your punchline. Lol

Ha, I read the first line and not your punchline. Lol

Really is a game changer isn't it.

I think the only option is as tokyojoe suggests, lower stakes and higher volatility but this means taking smaller profits more often and I don't like pocketing chump change:LOL:

Hello mate, I posted on another thread, you may have noticed I like to cut to the chase rather than the endless flannel, so just wanted to post it here if ok. I'm stating the obvious to many, but jeez louise, people love to clutter an easy solution.
I know you are in full time work so day trading isn't really an option right now, but I do like your no bulls1t approach, this may work for you in the near future, post as follows :

This can be done very simply, if for example you want to trade £1 per point on the dax, you need approx £600'ish in the account for every pound.

If you have intra-day movements of approx 500-700 points & you are a point & click merchant then there's more than enough potential on the table.

Stick a few grand in, if you can't afford to stick a few grand in the account to play small stakes then this is not the game to be in.

Just to add, the game has changed for small investors/speculators wanting to trade multiple positions, this new ruling will ensure less exposure, less open positions but if you intra day trade & choose a high volume/volatility instrument you simply need to ensure the position doesn't get closed out due to a margin call.....i.e £1 per point requires approx £650'ish minimum deposit, therefore a few grand acts as the buffer, because the the margin call on the minimum deposit will automatically close you out at 50%....£325'ish @ £1pp (if you let positions run that wide on a normal day with that sort of enormous stop

Last edited:
Hello mate, I posted on another thread, you may have noticed I like to cut to the chase rather than the endless flannel, so just wanted to post it here if ok. I'm stating the obvious to many, but jeez louise, people love to clutter an easy solution.
I know you are in full time work so day trading isn't really an option right now, but I do like your no bulls1t approach, this may work for you in the near future, post as follows :

This can be done very simply, if for example you want to trade £1 per point on the dax, you need approx £600'ish in the account for every pound.

If you have intra-day movements of approx 500-700 points & you are a point & click merchant then there's more than enough potential on the table.

Stick a few grand in, if you can't afford to stick a few grand in the account to play small stakes then this is not the game to be in.

Just to add, the game has changed for small investors/speculators wanting to trade multiple positions, this new ruling will ensure less exposure, less open positions but if you intra day trade & choose a high volume/volatility instrument you simply need to ensure the position doesn't get closed out due to a margin call.....i.e £1 per point requires approx £650'ish minimum deposit, therefore a few grand acts as the buffer, because the the margin call on the minimum deposit will automatically close you out at 50%....£325'ish @ £1pp (if you let positions run that wide on a normal day with that sort of enormous stop
I just signed up with a new broker because mine literally reduced my leverage to 3:1 based on my calculations. They have failed to respond to my emails to their support group all week so f... them. Anyhoo, going to to use my industry experience to apply for pro status at my new broker. Hopefully they won't be an A55 about it. Great to see you supporting the retail side.

I just signed up with a new broker because mine literally reduced my leverage to 3:1 based on my calculations. They have failed to respond to my emails to their support group all week so f... them. Anyhoo, going to to use my industry experience to apply for pro status at my new broker. Hopefully they won't be an A55 about it. Great to see you supporting the retail side.

Good luck with it mate, It will all settle down, people will work out their comfort zones.
I've just deposited my entire savings, house & car with the brokerage, they said it was the best thing to do, so, well they're the experts right ! !!

.....& what with my top of the range "crystal ball charting method".."I'm in"........alright "I'm in a tent under the local bridge within a month or so", but the weather is still forecast to be sublime, so what more does a man need !

Good luck with it mate, It will all settle down, people will work out their comfort zones.
I've just deposited my entire savings, house & car with the brokerage, they said it was the best thing to do, so, well they're the experts right ! !!

.....& what with my top of the range "crystal ball charting method".."I'm in"........alright "I'm in a tent under the local bridge within a month or so", but the weather is still forecast to be sublime, so what more does a man need !
A tube of ky to ease the stress since you can't afford hookers anymore