Brewski's Leverage Abuse

I expect DOW will be around 25,000 before the new year, that's where I was aiming for. Keeping a stop 200 or even 300 points away is far too close for a trade to last a few months, I expect to see DOW making new highs again soon. I just hope it drops another 100 to my original stop first or I'll wish I never moved it!

Cheers CMC (y)

I realise 8k is chump change to some of you on here but that's a lot of cash for me

Attachments

• 8250.jpg
    8250.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 99
So, are you gonna tell the missus or is this Brewski's little secret?

Don't worry, we won't say owt...;)

Impossible to keep a secret she always finds out somehow!

Looks like it's going to bounce 8 points above where my stop was, harsh lol

Looks like it's going to bounce 8 points above where my stop was, harsh lol

If that happens and I was you, i'd vomit...all over my own face!

Though if I pulled off what you pulled off then my next 7 days would be steak and BJ day :LOL:

I certainly wouldn't recommend that people do what you did, but I really enjoyed the thread thus far. Very interesting!

If that happens and I was you, i'd vomit...all over my own face!

Though if I pulled off what you pulled off then my next 7 days would be steak and BJ day :LOL:

I certainly wouldn't recommend that people do what you did, but I really enjoyed the thread thus far. Very interesting!

It's got to bounce somewhere though, with a trailing stop the chances are it will always bounce at one of the places you had your stop previously. At the end of the day, I've just banked 8k and it's only a matter of time before I do it again (y)

You need to tell her.

@brewski:

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for trades, I can tell you I don't have trades, but what I do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell your wife now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you...... But, if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... and I will tell her.

I know your address, I have your number. :)

I have 2 trades in mind... I still see Dow going higher so I will probably try to build another position on it, either that or Dax. I won’t buy straight back in at the same stake as that’s too much risk, usually my initial risk is only £100. I’d like to see Dow/dax a bit lower first though, not because I want to get back in at a better price than before but I want to get back in after the pullback... yesterday was just a shake out.

Next trade might be buying oil, I’m looking at it now. Brent should hit $70 soon.

This was a wonderful read and takes a bit of gut and conviction to hold a trade plan like this nice one brewski

I have 2 trades in mind... I still see Dow going higher so I will probably try to build another position on it, either that or Dax. I won’t buy straight back in at the same stake as that’s too much risk, usually my initial risk is only £100. I’d like to see Dow/dax a bit lower first though, not because I want to get back in at a better price than before but I want to get back in after the pullback... yesterday was just a shake out.

I think alot of people have been sat on the sidelines over the last year waiting for such a pullback to occur and have lost out as a result (not yourself of course).

I've heard that people are wishing for a 'crash' or at least a good correction, so they can start investing again, they may be disappointed.

You may be right, it’s basically gone straight up and it would be perfectly valid for me to just buy straight in again now with this system however I don’t plan to. I could spend an hour writing an essay in to the reasons why but you’d get bored reading it and I can’t be bothered.

I have bought Brent though and I’ll put up a screenshot etc when I’m at home later.

Right, I got done for £100 on Brent no screenshot needed :LOL: I may look for another opportunity to get back in on oil at some point

I'm in a bit of a dilemma this week as I'm barely going to get a chance to look at the markets until Thursday so really my best bet is to leave it alone until then but... once a gambler always a gambler.

I have a couple ideas for the next leverage abuse, I'll post up when I get the chance.