Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Out of interest, what direction did you go on Brent?
You don't need to explain your analysis. I'm just curious

Out of interest, what direction did you go on Brent?
You don't need to explain your analysis. I'm just curious

I went long, anticipating $70 at some point. Might be right, might be wrong but either way I lost £100 on it :LOL:

Well that £900 I left in the account is now at 85p:LOL:

I’ve lost every single trade I’ve tried... oil, usd/jpy, gbp/usd, I had a stab at Dax and got burned as well!

This is a normal aspect of trading this system, my stops are close so that I can aggressively add to positions. There are a lot of small losses, a few breakevens and then you get that one home run for a massive win.

Well that £900 I left in the account is now at 85p:LOL:

I’ve lost every single trade I’ve tried... oil, usd/jpy, gbp/usd, I had a stab at Dax and got burned as well!

This is a normal aspect of trading this system, my stops are close so that I can aggressively add to positions. There are a lot of small losses, a few breakevens and then you get that one home run for a massive win.

You took your money out at the right time, at least you will have a good Christmas. Well done!

Try the dax out for size that is one messed up index.

Should be worth 200 points of upside from 13086 (now).

you should see its implementation in the backend - if investors seen how the company builds the index in terms of the company process, technology, and investment, You'd almost think twice about trading it.

you should see its implementation in the backend - if investors seen how the company builds the index in terms of the company process, technology, and investment, You'd almost think twice about trading it.

What makes it bad?

What makes it bad?

I can't go too deep in the details but i shall say they have a handful of servers that's running 25 year old code with no IT department and dysfunctional management. Developers have read\write production system access and their is no change management process. There are also critical flaws in their design that leads to index values being changed after they have been printed.

I can't go too deep in the details but i shall say they have a handful of servers that's running 25 year old code with no IT department and dysfunctional management. Developers have read\write production system access and their is no change management process. There are also critical flaws in their design that leads to index values being changed after they have been printed.

So outdated and unreliable at best then. Do you avoid trading it?

I’ll consider that for next time but I’d already planned to build a position on Dax and this morning has been a great opportunity to start.

Dax cash machine back in play (y)

I started with a smaller initial stake (account size only £250) and I've gone to breakeven a lot earlier than normal as it's crazy at the moment. The most likely outcome is breakeven, if I can survive the rest of today and probably tomorrow then I could be in for another runner! If I get the opportunity I'll be adding more but I don't expect this one to go for 10k like the last one did as I don't expect to reach the same stake size.

Attachments

• Dax Cash Machine.jpg
    Dax Cash Machine.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 120
Dax trade looking good so far, Joe's cash machine is spewing out notes (y)

I've added to it again which has bought my breakeven stop up a little bit, I have about 100 points breathing room which really is nothing so the most likely outcome is still breakeven but this could be the start of another runner.

This is basically how my Dow trade started out so fingers crossed. Dax could easily make new highs with a Santa rally.

Looks like there could be new highs on the Dow soon, I've been saying all along that I expected it to go back up at some point. I avoided trading it again because I made my cash and got out, it's far to easy to get too attached to a market and let that affect the way you trade it.

If Dow is making new highs then Dax will hopefully catch back up soon and do the same

Dax looking good so far, stop is still too close for my liking as it should really be below the 13,000 level but I'm at breakeven and I'm not risking the getting caught in a wild swing. I've still got 100 points breathing room but the most likely outcome is still breakeven. Now I've accumulated £8pp though and a runner should show me a few grand profit(y)

I've also got a cheeky minimum stake Oil trade going on at the moment.

Attachments

• Dax Cash Machine 2.jpg
    Dax Cash Machine 2.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Dax Cash Machine 2 Chart.jpg
    Dax Cash Machine 2 Chart.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 91
Added in again this morning which has of course made my stop a little bit closer. It's even more likely I'll end up at breakeven on this one but I've now accumulated £10 a point with an initial risk of £50 (first trade was 50p a point with 100 point stop). I'll post screenshots later when I'm back on the computer, I'm spending the next month or so pretty much completely redecorating our house... I hate painting.(n)

Added in again this morning which has of course made my stop a little bit closer. It's even more likely I'll end up at breakeven on this one but I've now accumulated £10 a point with an initial risk of £50 (first trade was 50p a point with 100 point stop). I'll post screenshots later when I'm back on the computer, I'm spending the next month or so pretty much completely redecorating our house... I hate painting.(n)
Use some of your winnings to get one of these. I got one a few months back and it's absolutely brilliant. I can paint a large room in 10 minutes. Ceilings also a breeze

https://www.spraydirect.co.uk/acatalog/New_Graco_GX_FF_Airless_Sprayer.html