Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Use some of your winnings to get one of these. I got one a few months back and it's absolutely brilliant. I can paint a large room in 10 minutes. Ceilings also a breeze
Hi FXX,
Without wishing to take brewski's thread waaaaaay off topic (not for long, at least) - isn't the time saved painting with a conventional brush offset by the time spent masking off areas where you don't want the spray paint to go? Additionally, don't your paint costs increase - especially if you're using 'high end' paint like Farrow & Ball - due to inevitable wastage?
Tim.

Hi FXX,
Without wishing to take brewski's thread waaaaaay off topic (not for long, at least) - isn't the time saved painting with a conventional brush offset by the time spent masking off areas where you don't want the spray paint to go? Additionally, don't your paint costs increase - especially if you're using 'high end' paint like Farrow & Ball - due to inevitable wastage?
Tim.
Not really. I am able to mask up using masking tools in 10 minutes. Before I got I to painting (moving into my first house in February) I spent hours taping up manually when I painted a room downstairs. I hated it so much I did some research and found a bunch of professional products that makes it all a breeze. The next project was my office which I painted (ceilings and walls) in 15 minutes and it took me about 10 minutes to mask up so all In less than an hour.

edit:

i use a low pressure head so paint costs are not really an issue - at least in my experience thus far

e91912123cf91ccb818737a5cb8d4486.jpg
b4371ff28e364ecb04d30e59bd99911d.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm out at breakeven on Dax, always was the most likely outcome with a stop so close. I'm looking to build up the Oil position next. I will put screenshot later.

Decent drop on Dax there, I would have been stopped out way before adding loads of positions. That's why I kept a closer stop on this one.

Managed to do a little bit of trading in between all the painting during the week, I can't put any screenshots today because CMC are doing maintenance and I can't log in. I've had a couple more small losses but I've also managed to build my Oil position up, I was £7pp long Brent from an average of 63.20 but accidentally took profit at 63.77 (was watching it on my phone and tapped confirm!) so I got back in at around 63.73. My account value is now sat at around £450 so I've recovered £200. I will post screenshot when I'm able to.

No painting today, got to load the car up for a run to the tip though... you never realise how much junk you own until you move house!

Oil trade just about staying afloat and I've started a position on usd/jpy that I'm hoping to build up... very tight stops on both at the moment so as always, stop being hit is the most likely outcome (I know most of you won't agree with the trades/stops).

I'm hoping I can get some breathing room on Oil before the OPEC meeting and it goes mental, nothing like going into some volatility when you've got nothing to lose and some serious cash to gain (y)

Attachments

• Oil UsdJpy 1.jpg
    Oil UsdJpy 1.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 103
Usd/jpy out at breakeven and Oil not looking good right now but I WILL get another runner eventually! It's hard work trading like this, with stops so tight and targets so wide a lot of the time I'll get stopped regardless of which direction I choose.

Right, I've given back around £1150 of that profit so far, not bad when you consider how many trades I've done. It's just been a shame I haven't been able to lock in some profit on one of them.

I am stopping until after the new year now as I have a lot going on at the moment... early next year will be a new house, new job and a new start for us. Yes of course if I still had the money in my account I'd be trading and I'm only taking a break because I've lost but that's the difference between someone who has a gambling problem and someone who doesn't.

My target for that Dow trade was 25,000 before the new year in case anyone was interested... let's see what I could have won!

The old saying goes being right and making money are two completely separate things.

Dow above 24k now, going to hit my target isn't it?

I would have been sat on 20k profit right now

Last edited:
Dow above 24k now, going to hit my target isn't it?

I would have been sat on 20k profit right now

Yes it is - and beyond.

Too the moon................and back.

Coulda, woulda, shouda is a bitch.

I'm still in :) over a year now, but that's not trading lol - or is it? Trading monthly's.