Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Disappointing to see that I've been taken out of the trade I really thought that was going to be at least 2k but now my account stands at a profit since the start of the journal. I will leave usd/jpy alone now and see how big of a position I can accumulate on gbp/usd but I don't think there will be much movement before NFP so I doubt it will be a lot. Guaranteed stops also have their minimum distances increased around news releases so I will be limited today. I completely understand why they do this but to me it seems unfair to make you pay a premium and then also force a large minimum stop distance.

Just put in a cheeky little £2 a point buy on gbp/usd.

Disappointing to see that I've been taken out of the trade I really thought that was going to be at least 2k but now my account stands at a profit since the start of the journal. I will leave usd/jpy alone now and see how big of a position I can accumulate on gbp/usd but I don't think there will be much movement before NFP so I doubt it will be a lot. Guaranteed stops also have their minimum distances increased around news releases so I will be limited today. I completely understand why they do this but to me it seems unfair to make you pay a premium and then also force a large minimum stop distance.

Just put in a cheeky little £2 a point buy on gbp/usd.

Go on Brewski, us gamblers gonna make those bucks today.:clap:

Up to £10 a point gbp/usd now but stop is quite close, just need to sit around and wait for NFP to work its magic later on then the milky bars will be on me (y)

Once I get a few grand in my account I'll be increasing risk/stake sizes, I'm sure £10 a point is literally chump change to some of you guys out there

Attachments

• 13 Trade.jpg
    13 Trade.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 173
You might be able to play forever but you don't make millions by grinding 1p a point, you enjoy your kebab I'm going for the Ferrari and massive yacht

You might be able to play forever but you don't make millions by grinding 1p a point, you enjoy your kebab I'm going for the Ferrari and massive yacht

Actually, I make 5.6k yesterday, double the 2k you are seeking. I don't need ferrari. I am content to have a fair salary.

You obviously already have a lot more money than me

No, I started with less. It was persistent work that allowed me to build. Trading is unusual in one respect, once you get it. There's no more work after. After 5+ years of 24/7 hard work, now I need to do no more work and I still make money.

so you made 5.6k from less than a £200 account?

No, the account came from small amount originally. Now it's bigger. I did say I wasn't a gambler. The size could only grow if there was minimal gambling.

The point is that doing trading may have greater potential than gambling. As the size grows so will the profit.

Well, the best man'ed up man won, huh ?

I though you had dax ? Would have made you some on the mini spike up.

No I threw it all on gbp/usd... cant win them all. Id bought DAX a couple times over the week and for me it's a buy

No I threw it all on gbp/usd... cant win them all. Id bought DAX a couple times over the week and for me it's a buy

You may well be right on dax. I am more looking at the macro picture. I can hold, so it doesn't matter too much if I am wrong. I don't go all in, which leaves my reserves to make corrections when necessary.