Brewski's Leverage Abuse

brewski1984

2,025 343
My thoughts for the next couple days are to try to accumulate a (relatively) massive short USD position ready to take in to NFP on Friday for pure bantz. Not sure on what yet but I think the most likely will be to buy gbp/usd for a run up to 1.3500.

Although it's looking like I may have to deposit another £200 and start again first though:LOL:

brewski1984

2,025 343
Added to DOW last night and got taken out, had to deposit another £200 to start again (n)

I have started to accumulate gbp/usd hoping to still be in it on Friday for NFP

Attachments

barjon

Legendary member
10,206 1,522
If you're going to play this insane game, brewski dear chap, at least take £200 out when (if) you get to + £200 and start again from there. Then you'll have another grubstake in reserve without needing to dip into the housekeeping tin :)

Reactions: tar

brewski1984

2,025 343
If you're going to play this insane game, brewski dear chap, at least take £200 out when (if) you get to + £200 and start again from there. Then you'll have another grubstake in reserve without needing to dip into the housekeeping tin :)
Sensible(y)

brewski1984

2,025 343
Interesting day so far. My gbp/usd trade is still going but was 2 points from being taken out earlier and I've had a DAX long get taken out for breakeven. I'm now also short usd/jpy. I haven't been at the computer all day so the execution blotter in the screenshot proves I'm being genuine.

Attachments

brewski1984

2,025 343
Anyway, gbp/usd out for breakeven... annoying but in reality it was only ever roughly 30 points away from the stop at best so always the likely outcome. I was hoping "Super Thursday" would give it a boost but I'm now short usd/jpy again and I will post a screenshot later