Breakout Trading using Time and Sales

Not got much this morning on the pre-market list and futures are quite flat, so looks to be a choppy day ahead.

P, ZNGA, ACOM, and LEAP.

Last edited:
two trades on WSM:

-7 cents per share (breakdown failed)
+16 cents per share (reversal trade)

JOY has a nice chart but the spread is simply too wild and wide, so not going to trade it.

I'm going to call it a day before I lose my mind. It's been very choppy and difficult to find any momentum anywhere.

Good trading to all!

I'm going to call it a day before I lose my mind. It's been very choppy and difficult to find any momentum anywhere.

Good trading to all!

Hi Amit

I am finding a lot of chop today too; are you? Or maybe I am not finding them/scanning well! I have only made one 'Mr Charts' type breakout trade today and that was a small gain of +9c on CCL.

cheers
Steve

Hi Amit

I am finding a lot of chop today too; are you? Or maybe I am not finding them/scanning well! I have only made one 'Mr Charts' type breakout trade today and that was a small gain of +9c on CCL.

cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

I finished trading about an hour ago and today's results weren't so bad. Perhaps your scanner is not set appropriately?

Not got much on the watchlist this morning, but the futures are gapping up healthily, so today could provide some nice moves.

FTK, AIG, HRB, FSYS, WSM, MDVN, ARUN, DNDN, AGNC

Last edited:
+3 cents per share HRB again...got out a little too late so just a small scalp

FSYS had a nice chart on it...steep fall, tight consolidation, breakdown...but the spread was simply too wide and the stock too thin, so I decided not to trade it.