Breaking the Rules: Doing What 'Can't' Be Done

timsk

Legendary member
Perceived wisdom around these parts says you'd be crazy to pay for training. Paying $22k would put you in the crazier than a very crazy crazy thing category. Additionally, trading with virtually no drawdowns is next to impossible and, by the same token, so is having virtually no losing trades. To turn a very small amount (i.e. $100) into $1,000 is very doable - but don't think you can scale that up. Turning $100k into many millions ain't gonna happen and, in the highly unlikely event that it does, it'll take years 'n years to achieve. Time to meet 'Karen' - who (if you believe this video) has done all the above in just 3 years. Enjoy . . .
Karen

Do you believe it Timsk? I don't. Why does one video say she made 41m, and another say she made 105m?

I think Trader333 has already created a thread for that.
I have watched it, and I got the impression they were pushing their education course.
I think it was called Instill, or something.

Maybe they have found a genuine success story, but it was probably because of the womans insights.
Yet, they are pushing the fact she spent 22K on THEIR course, or a course they seem to promote.
We don't know how many students they have had, and how many are trading, or blown up.
It may well be unlikely that anyone could replicate Karens success, but if 100 people are encouraged to go for it, thats about 2.2M in course fees.
The big guy reminded me of Penn, off-of Penn and Teller.

Taking it at face value - there will sometimes be what Malcom Gladwell calls 'outliers' - ie people that achieve seemingly impossible and extraordinary success/results. The question is - is she the norm - from the sample that received that or any training ? almost certainly not - she is 'the outlier.'...What is also worth a mention is that I have often seen things down that others say couldn't possibly be done and even in the face of empirical evidence their minds remain closed - refusing to accept that their prognosis, was wrong.

G/L

Firstly, is it true, did Karen do what she claims? It's easy to talk it!

Secondly, I can only assume "breaking the rules" means high risk.

Many try this and for most it ends in ruin. But occassionally, one or 2 slip through the net, perhaps Karen is one of those.

But high risk trading is not sustainable in the long term, and extraordinary profits, rarely repeat.

If she could repeat it THEN I'd be very impressed. Plenty of traders over the years have made millions and ended up broke.

I won't be holding my breath.

Peter

I tend to agree with coments in posts above - but sometimes, just sometimes -(clearly not the norm) these success stories come up (taking it at face value !?) Success though should be measured by longevity in the game whilst making consistent gains thru that time.

G/L

I tend to agree with coments in posts above - but sometimes, just sometimes -(clearly not the norm) these success stories come up (taking it at face value !?) Success though should be measured by longevity in the game whilst making consistent gains thru that time.

G/L

Luck is okay until people believe they really are good which is when Talebs "Black Swan event" turns up and bites their bottoms:)

Luck is okay until people believe they really are good which is when Talebs "Black Swan event" turns up and bites their bottoms:)

I am reliably informed:LOL:

It's quite handy to have a rolled up copy of the FT to hand at such times, to swat those nasty black swans away.

Taking it at face value - there will sometimes be what Malcom Gladwell calls 'outliers' - ie people that achieve seemingly impossible and extraordinary success/results. The question is - is she the norm - from the sample that received that or any training ? almost certainly not - she is 'the outlier.'...What is also worth a mention is that I have often seen things down that others say couldn't possibly be done and even in the face of empirical evidence their minds remain closed - refusing to accept that their prognosis, was wrong.

G/L

Yes of course. And also, to be clear, it is not that I think that this couldn't be done by anyone. I just don't think it has been done by her, unless as you say, it is an extreme outlier.