"The blackest day in my career as a trader."

Tough how so?

I asked that question elsewhere and it seems most enjoy this volatility. For me, I prefer volatility, but a tad less than this.

Volatility can be good but only if it is in line with your trading plan. If you are scalping and have small stops whipsawing is a real concern if you're more longer term the volatility may not affect the trade as much

Volatility can be good but only if it is in line with your trading plan. If you are scalping and have small stops whipsawing is a real concern if you're more longer term the volatility may not affect the trade as much

If the moves were stronger directionally that would be great, but my experience is that this current volatility is still very much "whippy" and requiring rather large stops. As such, I personally like when the volatility is calmer. Just not too calm.

I had to ask because many I`ve talked to seems to enjoy this volatility, but for me it's less favourable for sure.

If the moves were stronger directionally that would be great, but my experience is that this current volatility is still very much "whippy" and requiring rather large stops. As such, I personally like when the volatility is calmer. Just not too calm.

I had to ask because many I`ve talked to seems to enjoy this volatility, but for me it's less favourable for sure.

Oh absolutely agree, its moving from side to side violently indicating liquidity is lacking which is understandable. I would be of the same mind with trading in trending markets

Yes volatility can offer up some nice trading opportunities on HTF it's easier to deal with it for scalping it can be a nightmare

Yes volatility can offer up some nice trading opportunities on HTF it's easier to deal with it for scalping it can be a nightmare
We will need to think about doing our trades when the markets are moving very fast.

You can always make it back, it's only money.

I think the most I ever lost was also the fastest....? I had been drinking, and thought I was looking at one pair when I was actually looking at a different one, well black out later, I wake up to a margin closeout and lost like $12k lol.

Why I rarely drink nowadays, and almost only ever on Saturdays, so I can never trade drunk hahaha.

It can be very tough after losses. But you can get it back if you learn from your mistakes and modify your strategy and plan.