A brain teaser!!!

millermandil

Hi there,

If anyone thinks they are extra bright out there and knows investments back to front, see if you can answer this question:

'What is the best investment to hold in a perfect world?'

Please read the question carefully and serious answers please.

FetteredChinos said:
Answer : "What"

in my perfect world, we dont have punctuation.

Hello Seymour

Where can I trade "What" and what is "What"

millermandil

I am not extra bright and I do not know investments back to front. But after giving your question some thought I came to the conclusion that in a perfect world there would be no need for investments.

Regards

bracke

ooo Bracke you cheeky scamp! :)

another alternative answer is a first-born child.

certainly is an investment :eek:

would also make the world perfect...

ahhh, Chinos Goes Sentimental.....

:)

FC

A first born child may be an investment in biological and fulfilment terms but unless you live in a subsistence economy I doubt you would regard the happy event as a financial investment, rather the complete opposite.

alliance

A semantical post what is appreciated.

Regards

bracke

OK...my apologies for the grammatically inaccurate post. Will let you know the answer 2morrow, as it was in fact my boss who set out the question...thus soon I'll know whether the answers some of you have given are 'equitable'....................... or not!

Thank you for participating.

:D

An infinite capacity to exclusively produce and sell a drug that could convince people it was actually an imperfect world?

In a perfect world, currencies would not exist and nothing would be bought or sold (that was the vision of the communists). No need for insurance, bonds, gold, shares etc. No disease either.

I will wait for the answer because I am sure that it will show a lack of imagination/clear thinking on my part.

A perfect world might allow every sentient creature to lead the life that would bring them the most happiness, whatever that may entail. No creature would suffer unless it wished to. No need to select an investment here as a random choice would always be the best, performance tailored to the wish of the investor. It might lose if the investor had a money hang-up.

Another perfect world might be 100% economically efficient, with the inefficient allowed to suffer the necessary fate. In this case investments might be pointless because there would be no inefficiency, or edge, to exploit.

Or perhaps a perfect world would be one without several species that exist today as, objectively perhaps, the world would be in better balance without them. If man was included on the extinction rota then investments would be irrelevant.

Just three poor examples of perfection, according to a different point of view. A clarification would be welcome. If it is to be objective perfection, then how do we judge it, and if not, whose point of view defines it?

Last edited:
Hey all!

Just had the morning meeting and I can safely say you are all wrong, by a long shot! The problem is my boss is going to publish this one day, so I can't reveal the answer. However he made a mistake in setting out the question, so Ill repeat and give you a clue. And if anyone get's the answer, I'll let you know.

'Which are the best investments to hold in a perfect world?'

Clue: There are two.

currency (because in an ideal world they wouldn't be devalued and 1p at the time of Christ would be worth several trillion by now.

Am I right , am I right !?

gonna be a boob job isnt it? especially if it is the sort of question posed by a boss, coupled with all the plastic surgery coverage in the media at the moment..

im with CM on this one...

In a perfect world, I would imagine all investments would produce the same results, so I would want to buy the cheapest one available and I would want to short the most expensive. Then I could close these trades when they fall in line with the other 'perfect' investments.

millermandil said:
Hey all!

Just had the morning meeting and I can safely say you are all wrong, by a long shot! The problem is my boss is going to publish this one day, so I can't reveal the answer. However he made a mistake in setting out the question, so Ill repeat and give you a clue. And if anyone get's the answer, I'll let you know.

'Which are the best investments to hold in a perfect world?'

Clue: There are two.

No offence mate, but your boss is a buffoon if he believes he has answers to this ridiculous question and you are too if you believe him - we dont live in a perfect world and it could never be so - in a hypothetically perfect world everyone would digest all relevant information and arrive at the same conclusion together - however in reality there is always a gap between making a conclusion and executing an investment decision - in order for this gap to be the same for all investors they would have to exist at a physically identical location with identical tools, net connection etc - NOT POSSIBLE !