Boiler Room Scams

Another APEX victim

I have now been in contact with the police who are collecting intelligence on this and other scams.
I would suggest in the first instance contacting them by e-mail as I have sent them details of the transactions I have done with Apex.
Officer DS132F David Robertson
[email protected]
If anyone has any further news or developments perhaps they could let me know
this will obviously be a hard nut to crack but I also have other people working on it.

Hi Revenge,
I only recently joined this board, so I know a year has now elapsed. Like you I was an APEX 'client'. I was suitably impressed to be a personal client of the infamous Bill Rochester. Until end of April 07 my account was progressing well.I was actually testing the operation by requesting a small draw down. Breaking my own discipline I was persuaded to 'invest' more on a forthcoming leap in the price of palladium. Needless to say the £1000 draw down did not arrive, and a few days later ( 1st week of May) all their phones were on answerphone.
I reported to local police for a crime no.and to the City of London Fraudesk. I've heard nothing more apart from the discussions on Radio4 You and Yours.
Has anybody any further info. I certainly agree that this was a very well performed scam. It must have cost a lot to set up and keep running - so I pressume they cleaned up big time when they dissapeared.
multiform1

Multi, they won't have dissapeared. Chances are they're in the same office with the same personal but all they've done is change the numbers and are now calling themselves 'Winston Stone Management' or something like that.

Be on your gaurd as because you've done business with them they'll regard you as a good prospect for the future.

Investormanagement Services Zurich

Hi; I am completely new to this, so my apologies if I have put this question in the wrong place! I guess, in a nutshell, we brought £2000 of PACO Oil shares at IPO stage from Investor Management Services in Zurich and I am sure the answers I get back are going to be along the line of "Oops, you lost ya' money!!" Prior to us buying them they were on the the phone to us constantly. Since we brought, some 8 months ago, guess what? Not a peep! And can we get hold of the company? Yeah, right! We are just Mr & Mrs Average, but it all sounded so plausible.........(this is the point where you all are laughing out loud now I guess!) To be honest, I don't even understand what IPO means - and can we even sell them? Any answers or feedback would be grately appreciated and I shall try not to feel more depressed than I already am when I get your responses! Thank you so much;Jafdp

Hi; I am completely new to this, so my apologies if I have put this question in the wrong place! I guess, in a nutshell, we brought £2000 of PACO Oil shares at IPO stage from Investor Management Services in Zurich and I am sure the answers I get back are going to be along the line of "Oops, you lost ya' money!!" Prior to us buying them they were on the the phone to us constantly. Since we brought, some 8 months ago, guess what? Not a peep! And can we get hold of the company? Yeah, right! We are just Mr & Mrs Average, but it all sounded so plausible.........(this is the point where you all are laughing out loud now I guess!) To be honest, I don't even understand what IPO means - and can we even sell them? Any answers or feedback would be grately appreciated and I shall try not to feel more depressed than I already am when I get your responses! Thank you so much;Jafdp

I don't think that anyone is laughing, friend, but join the queue. It is a long one but I fail to see why cold calling is so successful.

On the BBC, a few days ago, the police reckoned that half-a-BILLION GBP goes to the fraudsters in this way. There is a Boiler Room forum, look up Anley, on this site. Get in touch with City of London Police with the details. The account that you have to pay into may be what they need to catch someone.

If you don't know who the caller is, HANG UP! They are very persuasive so don't give them the chance to start talking. I know that this advice is late for you, but others might be saved. I hope so.

Split

Last edited:
Hi bud,

Unfortunately there is little info on this particular company, but thats no surprise.

What I have managed to find out for you:

Check them out at Pacopetroleum.com - Home

718 Highway 82 East
Sherman
Texas
USA

[email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
940-634-1839
940-665-2517

Our Office Hours Are Mon-Fri 08:00-17:00 CST

PACO Oil & Gas Inc. is an exploration company focused on purchasing undervalued oil and gas leases with little or no production in the United States. Its experienced technical team then increases the leases' production thereby significantly increasing the value.

PACO Oil & Gas concentrates its efforts developing under valued well communities into micro scale production facilities. These working assets have all been refurbished and outfitted with the latest in oil recovery equipment. Since many of these assets are shallow wells, former owners were technically unable to reach deeper deposits. PACO has the technical team to go further and more efficiently.

BUT:

What you can expect to find in there forward looking statements are words such as "may," "will," "should," "could," "expects," "plans," "intends," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "forecasts," "potential," or "continue," or similar terms or the negative of these terms. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. The company has no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.

ISIN(International Securities Identifying Number) is US6952361094 - Type in one of these two numbers into search engine to find listing.
WKN(Wertpapierkennummer) is A0NFFT (listed under geman stock)

Currently restricted so you will have to hold them for at least the 1 year so if purchased 8 months ago could look to get rid of them in September this year.

Price: $1.00 (current)
Highest on 3rd December 07 @$2.30
Lowest on 11th September 07@$1.40 for year 2007.

Shares have seen losses of over 56%.

Worryingly the company has
NO Dividend
NO Yeild
NO EPS(earnings Per Share)
NO P/E(Price to Earnings ratio)
NO Shares Outstanding
and most important
NO Market Cap

Last volume was indicated at 1,000 shares as volume so dumping these onto others may have to be done in increments.

Also bear in mind that no one else may want them.

Good news:

If price holds up it's possible for you to get back around 30-40% of what you paid so all is not totally lost at this point, however, 4 months is a long time for this very small (in comparison) oil and gas company.

Contact them (preferably by phone) and ask a few questions that should have been asked before purchase.

As always for everyone buying and selling anything:
Do your due diligence before purchasing and - before buying anything remember this, its only worth something if YOU can sell it.

Good luck with this. Keep T2W Day Trading & Forex Community informed of your progress so others can learn.

Lee Shepherd.

Hi

I bought some ATS shares and have got nowhere trying to check their genuinueness. Unfortunately looks like this was as a scam, through Oxbridge International. Has anyone got anywhere tracking them down? Did anyone actually go to ATS's offices?

As to Oxbridge they have disappeared, anyone know as to as to where?!

many thanks

Hi,
I have invested in this and also spoken to ATS. I am a brand new member of trade2win so would appreciate in the first instance a reply in order to exchange experiences.
Mnay thanks,
Ken

Can you confirm some more specific details like:

Company number
Full title of company
Address of company
Purchase date and price
Volume of order

There are many different small/medium and large firms out there over the years that use ATS as an abreviation/title for there company so more info would be needed if you would like me to take a look on your behalf.

As for Oxbridge International: forget it.

We've already been warned a long time ago back in 22nd November 2005.
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/oxbridge_22nov05.pdf

You'll also find some useful links on this page to aid you in the buying process in future.

As with buying anything, do your due diligence first.

Lee Shepherd.

Theres a very popular saying in Texas, you've probably heard it before....Fool me once, shame on, shame you. Fool me twice then shame on....well, a fooled man cant get fooled again.

Hi

I bought some ATS shares and have got nowhere trying to check their genuinueness. Unfortunately looks like this was as a scam, through Oxbridge International. Has anyone got anywhere tracking them down? Did anyone actually go to ATS's offices?

As to Oxbridge they have disappeared, anyone know as to as to where?!

many thanks

Boiler Room

I think it would be useful to set up a thread listing all the Boiler Room Scams that are currently in operation.

What is a boiler room?

Basically, a room full of salesmen (con men really), who are unregulated, and will cold call you to try and tempt you to part with your money and invest in some "amazing" company which will make you a millionaire. The stocks are usually unlisted and therefore difficult to sell once you have bought them. In reality they are likely to be worthless.

They tend to target people who already own shares, and will get your phone number / contact details from lists that they have bought, including shareholder lists.

More often than not, they are based overseas.

Whatever, you should NEVER deal with them, and NEVER deal with anyone who cold calls you from a company who you have never dealt with before.

I hope that this thread will be used for people to list the names of the offending companies, in order to warn others.

To start with, here is a list of those already mentioned on other threads....

Portland Ventures

Elliott Price

Edward Tate

Capital Asset Commodities

Jefferson Holt Consulting

Please feel free to add any more.....

You need to add Morgan Financial Advisors, to your list

Oxbridge haven't really gone anywhere because the company never existed in the first place. It was a made up name and so today the same scammers will be in the same office but using another made up name like 'Premium Capital Advisors Inc'. And of course all the people on the phones will have changed names as well so Paul Camborne is no Simon Stone.

Did anybody go for the Loan Note for Claim Tracker ( CTL Digital UK)
ANybody know how to contact Kieth Wright, Director of CTL Digital UK

Spartamatrix - another scam?

I've been cold called yet again by an outfit called Sparamatrix trying to get me to buy pre-float shares (in Australia I think). They say they have the only system on the market today which has the capacity to meet all the requirements of the USA "Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act 2002". They provide a fair bit of data and links which of course seem genuine but I'm always suspicious these days. Does anyone know anything that I don't? Here's some info they sent me.........

SOURCES OF RESEARCH

SpartaMatrix Inc.

spartamatrix-hk.com

• Please click on “About Us” for Corporate and Executive info

• Please click on “Products” for Services and Product info

• Please click on “Links” to see our Clients / Partners / Resources

• Please click on “Investor” for Highlights / IR Library &
Shareholders FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

• Please click on “Contact Us” for Corporate Office Locations

Australian Financial Registration

AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES & INVESTMENTS COMMISSION (ASIC):
ASIC Free Company Name Search

 Type in SpartaMatrix in “Organization Name”

 Please click on “Search”

 Result will show ASIC Registration

Member of the Australian Technology Showcase

ATS - Home Page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US Homeland Security Directory

Homeland Security Companies

http://www.investorideas.com/Companies/HomelandDefense/HDS/Private_HS.asp

SMART CARD INDUSTRY
http://www.eurosmart.com/0-Misc/PastIssues/January06.html

drbeckett you shouldn't even be asking these questions. I can imagine the $ signs in your eyes already - this is exactly what these cold callers are praying on - greed and the fact you don't want to pass up a perceived good opportunity.

No reputable establishment will EVER cold call you.

Take goosemans advice and save yourself a lot of money.

Yep Dr Beck we're being cruel to be kind here. 99% chance you're being setup and told a lot of nonsense so the 'broker' can get your money and then steal it.

Stay away but if you do invest any money and lose it then don't say you weren't warned......

Did anybody go for the Loan Note for Claim Tracker ( CTL Digital UK)
ANybody know how to contact Kieth Wright, Director of CTL Digital UK

Where did you send the money to? was it a UK bank, if so you might have a chance of getting some of it back or at least finding out more details. But if you sent it to an offshore bank then 99% chance it's been stolen.

Sorry, but everyone MUST learn to do their research and due diligence before dealing with strangers and cold callers......

Last edited:
Jafdp

Nope, we're not going to laugh at you, I don't think anyone acts like that on this thread. Perhaps we're cruel to be kind some of the time but being firm I think helps people in the future.

Anyway, yes chances are you've lost you money and have bought either non-existant shares or ones which are worthless. However, you've only lost £2,000 which is in the scheme of things not a lot of money and is not life-changing. Some people have been taken for £100,000's so in that respect count yourselves lucky.

So what to do? Well first report the matter to the City of London Police's 'Operation Archway' who are collecting all sorts of information on the scammers - City of London Police - Boiler room

Second, write the loss off. It's gone, been stolen and most probably spent on the high life by the thieves.

Third - LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES and never trust anyone ever again when it comes to investing money or loaning money or whatever UNLESS you have fully checked them out. One way to do this is by using the internet and message boards like this. But even then if the person trying to get hold of your money is promising 'easy profits' then chances are it's a scam because scammers love to prey on the natural greed that all of us have.

Hope this helps and good luck :)