Boiler Room Scams

AshleySpurling said:
Giles and Shez, I too have invested money in options through Vitol and INTENX. I did find VItol registered as a company on the government website for Bermuda, and I have previously found INTENX on a US Federal Government Website as an approved trading firm.

Reading all this is really starting to give me a sick feeling. If they are fake they are pretty bloody good at it. If Nymex is not affiliated with them why are they listed on Nymex's list of clearing members?

Ashley sorry to welcome you to a not so exclusive club it seems, I have asked that question of the NFA in my complaint and will be interested to hear if they have any explanation

Sorry guys but complaining to to the FSA, SEC, NFA etc will do you no good. You are dealing with international scammers of the highest pedigree who are not based in any of the above countries.

All thse organisations can do nothing unless the companies were registered in their domicile and just because Vitol was in the US doesn't mean that the scammers were just using its name.

In general, having unfortunately invested in a number of scams over the years, one way of filtering out the cowboys i have found is to ask for a direct line to call them back on, the scammers response is usually "oh its difficult to get through, so i will have to call you back" and lo and behold, it often or always is. from my experience, if they cant give you a direct line, they're probably not where they say they are, and they have a call centre in a regis type building somewhere fielding calls for them. Now of course, this isn't fool proof folks, but it is a start!

Vitol

AshleySpurling said:
Giles and Shez, I too have invested money in options through Vitol and INTENX. I did find VItol registered as a company on the government website for Bermuda, and I have previously found INTENX on a US Federal Government Website as an approved trading firm.

Reading all this is really starting to give me a sick feeling. If they are fake they are pretty bloody good at it. If Nymex is not affiliated with them why are they listed on Nymex's list of clearing members?

Ashley and others, herewith a reply of sorts form the Manager NFA . I will be away for about 4 weeks from Oct 4 and if there is anything further to show it will be early Nov. before I can follow up but if there is -- follow up I will

<Mr. Clarke -

Hope all is well. Vitol Capital Mgmt Ltd is not an NFA Member and thus we do not have any jurisdiction in this matter. NFA is going to forward this matter to the CFTC and NYMEX.

Regards -

Todd Joseph
Manager
NFA>

fooled me twice shame on me

Hi there, i got conned out of 11 grand by intenx (vitol capitol) in two hits one of 4 grand and the other was 7 grand which i got a pesonal loan for. The night before i was going to throw another 13 grand in the garbage i found one of these forums saying it was all a scam so i thankyou guys you saved me 13 grand. I still have to pay off the 7 grand i burrowed for a year but with the 13 grand it would of been six years. So i will be reminded of my stupid trusting nature, my predictable greed and my wounded dignity every weekly payment for a year but its going to be a hell of a year my car is about to crap out and my motor bike is well just plain crappy and square one is a year away.

hopelessly yours.
greggles

Last edited:
greggles said:
Hi there, i got conned out of 11 grand by intenx (vitol capitol) in two hits one of 4 grand and the other was 7 grand which i got a pesonal loan for. The night before i was going to throw another 13 grand in the garbage i found one of these forums saying it was all a scam so i thankyou guys you saved me 13 grand and i think you might have saved my life aswell. I still have to pay off the 7 grand i burrowed for a year but with the 13 grand it would of been six years and i don't think i would of stuck around for that. So i will be reminded of my stupid trusting nature, my predictable greed and my wounded dignity every weekly payment for a year but its going to be a hell of a year my car is about to crap out and my motor bike is well just plain crappy and square one is a year away.
P.S I still haven't yelled swear words at the top of my voice with my fists swinging in the air but im sure i will soon, maybe tonight i know a pretty good cliff which i jump off into the ocean sometimes i guess it could also be used for yelling. :rolleyes:

hopelessly yours.
greggles

Please don't kill yourself, we all live and learn, Treat this as a valuable lesson, to test things first in small quantity’s as well as to be more careful, I got off allot lighter than you as I tested with 4 grand, and I’m still kicking my self over that. I really do hope they get what’s coming to them; they have no idea the amount of destruction they are causing to everyone.
:eek:

greggles said:
Hi there, i got conned out of 11 grand by intenx (vitol capitol) in two hits one of 4 grand and the other was 7 grand which i got a pesonal loan for. The night before i was going to throw another 13 grand in the garbage i found one of these forums saying it was all a scam so i thankyou guys you saved me 13 grand and i think you might have saved my life aswell. I still have to pay off the 7 grand i burrowed for a year but with the 13 grand it would of been six years and i don't think i would of stuck around for that. So i will be reminded of my stupid trusting nature, my predictable greed and my wounded dignity every weekly payment for a year but its going to be a hell of a year my car is about to crap out and my motor bike is well just plain crappy and square one is a year away.
P.S I still haven't yelled swear words at the top of my voice with my fists swinging in the air but im sure i will soon, maybe tonight i know a pretty good cliff which i jump off into the ocean sometimes i guess it could also be used for yelling. :rolleyes:

hopelessly yours.
greggles

nothing in life is ever hopeless - you absolutely should NOT take this to heart!!

I've made my own financial pickles in years past and they were far far worse than this is or could have been for you - I promise you, even without a penny to your name life is worth living. There is much more to life than money I assure you, having lived with both lots and with absolutely naff all.

The worst crime these guys commit aside from theft is creating false hopes and then dashing them.

I found this info for the website registration of intenx.com, i doubt it will help, but who knows.

Oh and look, The domain was only purchased for 1 year, a huge tell tail sign that they don't plan to stick around.

The following information was acquired from http://www.melbourneit.com.au/cc/whois/index

Whois Result for intenx.com @ whois.OnlineNIC.com

Name: John Trappano
Person: John Trappano
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1.2122424200
Organization: John Trappano
Address: 1290 Avenue of the Americas
City: New York
StateProvince: N/A
CountryCode: US
PostalCode: 10104

Domain
Name: intenx.com
UpdatedDate: 2006-07-10 12:25:21
CreatedDate: 2006/6/13
ExpiresDate: 2007/6/13
NameServer: ns.net4all-dns.com
NameServer: ns2.net4all-dns.com

And here is the info for vitolcapital.com

Domain: vitolcapital.com

DNS:
dns1.newmediaexpress.com
dns2.newmediaexpress.com
dns3.newmediaexpress.com

Created: 2006-06-21
Expires: 2008-06-20
Last Modified: 2006-06-21 10:35:24

Registrant Contact:
Vitol Capital
Vitol Capital Vitol Capital ([email protected])
United States
United States, , us
P: +65.123 F:

Administrative Contact:
Vitol Capital
United States
United States, , us

Technical Contact:
NewMedia Express Pte. Ltd.
NewMedia Express ([email protected])
344C King Georges Avenue King Georges Builing
Singapore, Singapore, sg 208576
P: +65.62927661 F: +65.62927663

Billing Contact:
Vitol Capital
United States
United States, , us

byrneck said:
Please don't kill yourself, we all live and learn, Treat this as a valuable lesson, to test things first in small quantity’s as well as to be more careful, I got off allot lighter than you as I tested with 4 grand, and I’m still kicking my self over that. I really do hope they get what’s coming to them; they have no idea the amount of destruction they are causing to everyone.
:eek:

I'm so sorry guys if i gave you the wrong idea i guess i just got a little carried away with my typing i have been doing that a lot lately since i got conned i just really wont these scum bags to know what they are doing is very low and wrong, its not only that but that they don't stop untill there is nothing left of you or if the poor guys being conned gets wise to their scam and don't worry about me. What worries me most is that someone else is still out there and he is only one phonecall away from losing everything that he has worked hard for.

greggles said:
I'm so sorry guys if i gave you the wrong idea i guess i just got a little carried away with my typing i have been doing that a lot lately since i got conned i just really wont these scum bags to know what they are doing is very low and wrong, its not only that but that they don't stop untill there is nothing left of you or if the poor guys being conned gets wise to their scam and don't worry about me. What worries me most is that someone else is still out there and he is only one phonecall away from losing everything that he has worked hard for.

Couldn't agree more, but what we are doing now is preventing many people from falling into this trap, and seems though more and more people are using the internet there is a higher chance that people will stumble across forums like this and know in advanced. But yes it is very worrying

My brother has just been silly enough to hand across $50, 000 USD to Brad Brooks, he paid it into a Bank of China acount in Hong Kong. I want to track down these people. I cant belive he was so stupid. It was all of his savings he gambled away.

goofygags said:
My brother has just been silly enough to hand across $50, 000 USD to Brad Brooks, he paid it into a Bank of China acount in Hong Kong. I want to track down these people. I cant belive he was so stupid. It was all of his savings he gambled away.

This is getting quite serious the amount that has been lost to these crooks, they have stolen millions, and there seems to be no hope, it's just not right. If you rob a bank for less money, the chances of you getting away with it, are slim, yet these guys have stolen allot more and the chances of them getting away with it is extremely high. Even if they do get caught, is there any chance of getting the money back.

byrneck said:
This is getting quite serious the amount that has been lost to these crooks, they have stolen millions, and there seems to be no hope, it's just not right. If you rob a bank for less money, the chances of you getting away with it, are slim, yet these guys have stolen allot more and the chances of them getting away with it is extremely high. Even if they do get caught, is there any chance of getting the money back.

Yes I agree this is getting very serious, I'am just another who has been robbed of 10,000US thanks to Mike Thompson and Brad Brooks,It appears that alot of Australian's have been hit by this company, I think it getting to the point where the media may have to be brought into this (eg:acurrent affair ) to bring this to the attension of lots of people just like us that are going to get called by thease crooks. :mad:
Regards to all.....

Im cummin for ya

My 2nd cousin works for a current affair. I am going to put up $10,000 of my own money to track these guys down, if any one can assist in which country they are that i can start this would be appreciated

I am being contacted by a company called Eurotrust Capital Management. Anyone know anything about theses? I stumbled across this board whilst investigating them and Pantera Oild and Gas which are the shares they are offering. They have a contact number they are happy to give out and are calling me back on Thursday. Guess I am best to tell them to sling their hook???

chilvs1 said:
I am being contacted by a company called Eurotrust Capital Management. Anyone know anything about theses? I stumbled across this board whilst investigating them and Pantera Oild and Gas which are the shares they are offering. They have a contact number they are happy to give out and are calling me back on Thursday. Guess I am best to tell them to sling their hook???

- Well if they were a cold call, I would raise all alarms to begin with.

- This site is fresh out of the oven, maybe this is the next Intenx / Vitol Capital. it was registered on the 7th of October, 2006. It has no history yet.

- The fellow that registered the site used a hotmail address, (Very Professional, Not!)

- I noticed there is too much emphasis on all these key words on there sight, with clever business images, sometimes you can go overboard with all the imagery to indulge the new bait.

- There site looks a bit armatures as well, a small budget has been used to develop this website.

- If it's so good to be true, than why aren’t they doing it them selves. - (They will make an excuse if you ask them this question)

- You are dealing with someone from the same country which is a positive, however assume the worst till the end.

- Check out this site for tips, it's Australia based, but it’s advice is handy.
http://www.fido.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf/byheadline/Scams+&+Swindlers+portal?opendocument

- If you discover they are a scam company, please do me a favour, and waist as much of there time as you can, or think of any clever ideas to annoy them.

Good luck, and don't send them a cent till you are 110% sure, also fill me in before your next move.

Cheers

byrneck said:
- Well if they were a cold call, I would raise all alarms to begin with.

- This site is fresh out of the oven, maybe this is the next Intenx / Vitol Capital. it was registered on the 7th of October, 2006. It has no history yet.

- The fellow that registered the site used a hotmail address, (Very Professional, Not!)

- I noticed there is too much emphasis on all these key words on there sight, with clever business images, sometimes you can go overboard with all the imagery to indulge the new bait.

- There site looks a bit armatures as well, a small budget has been used to develop this website.

- If it's so good to be true, than why aren’t they doing it them selves. - (They will make an excuse if you ask them this question)

- You are dealing with someone from the same country which is a positive, however assume the worst till the end.

- Check out this site for tips, it's Australia based, but it’s advice is handy.
http://www.fido.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf/byheadline/Scams+&+Swindlers+portal?opendocument

- If you discover they are a scam company, please do me a favour, and waist as much of there time as you can, or think of any clever ideas to annoy them.

Good luck, and don't send them a cent till you are 110% sure, also fill me in before your next move.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. It echoes my thoughts but how were you able to find out when the web site was registered etc? I like the idea of wasting there time I'll see how they react if I state I want more time to think about it.

I noticed after looking at their site, (if it is the same on, eurocapmanagement.com) that the site seems to be riding on the back of a blog, namely www.zedii.co.uk a little strange, and nonproffesional too. The point i made before about getting a telephone number in an earlier post, get the number and call it! ask for the person by name that called you, if they arent where they say they are, you'll always get "he's in a meeting" or "he's on the phone" and so on, i get a lot of calls, and i call every one back, 99% of the time, they are never available, even after several attempts, great fun winding up the secretaries!. Good luck, I too would be interested to see how it pans out.

Right, done some investigating myself now. The Pantera Oil and Gas website (Panteraoilgas.com) was registered on 13th June 06 and the website for Eurotrust Capital management (eurocapmanagement.com) was registered a mere 8 days later on 21st June 06. Bit of a coincidence eh!!!

Also Blackwell Capital group who have been recommending the same stock had there website registered around the same time (12th June 06).

Further to this the telephone number that is given with the website registration is a spanish one.

That together with the facts pointed out by byrneck (use of the hotmail address) and looker1 (piggy backing on a blog) show that this is well dodgy. It also shows what you can find with a little digging. I'm looking forward to my return call now!!! :devilish: :devilish: