Boiler Room Scams

In 12 twelve months of having an advisory account with Logic Investments Darren Easton and Shamir Sachdev lost me more money than I had lost in the previous 12 years and charged me a fortune in trading fees, the last month alone being £3200 consisting of trades at £50 in and £50 out plus commission on £5000 position CFD trades!
When I queried their trading advice and that I had stated on my client profile that I was only open to medium risk and what on earth was going on Darren said I would have to complete another client profile,this being the second in less than 12 months and if I stated that my attitude was medium risk then they would have to close all my positions straight away and take all the losses, so I had to lie and say that I accepted high risk to avoid this action!
I had at that stage a long position of 44000 shares and a short position of 44000 shares in EMG with no stops running at the same time, they advised me this was sensible although in the end I took the losses and closed the account because I realised that I had been taken for a complete Sap by allowing them to run my investments!

Would your EMG happen to be EMG Capital Group with an address in Hong Kong ?

Renminbi Yuan Holdings

Please contact me, over the internal mailbox, I'm just working on that case
regards
Ainka

Thanks for that, after being caughr for a relatively small amount of money on the original Tri Hub boiler room deal, I have no intention of parting with £4k, not even 4 pence! However, I'd like to report these people or at least drive them crazy. Is there anything I can do?
THanks

Martin

Hi All

I have been scammed by www.boiler-rooms.org, i have now discovered that it was by a common method of offering to "help" me cash in some of my illiquid shares that i own, and have been in touch with other people who have lost money to these people. It would seem that they target only UK investors which seems strange.

They called 3 or 4 times before they asked for refundable tax money which i'm ashamed to admit i paid to their bank accounts.

I lost $30000 do not make the same mistake as i did, do not send money to any cold callers and do not trust www.boiler-rooms.org

Thanks

P.S if anyone has any advise on what else i can do please let me know.

I think the clue here is in the name. It’s unlikely that any official fraud reporting website will use the term “Boiler Fraud Reporting” as an official website will give the opportunity to report other means of fraud. They’ve also been very crafty in providing a link to the FCA website to make it seem genuine.

In all cases, if you believe you have been scammed, you should report it to the authorities in your own country i.e. the FCA and the Police. The FCA have a consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768. The Police can be contacted online – www.actionfraud.police.uk. You should refer your scam to these authorities immediately providing as much information as possible. Even if the source of the scam is abroad they may still be able to assist you.

Doesn't have to be a boiler room!

Doesn't even have to be a boiler room scam even brokers registered with the FCA can get you involved with advisory CFD trading which can lose you a lot of money in a very short time,however win or lose the broker still gets paid whilst your savings go down the drain and when they are all gone the CFD broker will encourage you to take on more debt to invest in their recommendations because all they are interested in is getting as much commission out of you as possible!
Advisory CFD (Contract for difference ) should banned where private investors are concerned!

no go

I think the clue here is in the name. It’s unlikely that any official fraud reporting website will use the term “Boiler Fraud Reporting” as an official website will give the opportunity to report other means of fraud. They’ve also been very crafty in providing a link to the FCA website to make it seem genuine.

In all cases, if you believe you have been scammed, you should report it to the authorities in your own country i.e. the FCA and the Police. The FCA have a consumer helpline on 0800 111 6768. The Police can be contacted online – www.actionfraud.police.uk. You should refer your scam to these authorities immediately providing as much information as possible. Even if the source of the scam is abroad they may still be able to assist you.

I don,t understand why you keep advising people to report theft to the police, have you not read my posts? The police in the uk do absolutely nothing about it, they DONT. Even have statistics. They do NOT gather info on boiler rooms and the like. They will NOT give anyone information that they do have, in point of fact, THEY PROTECT THE THIEVES we are searching for. Unfortunately for us we live in the fraud capital of the world with a police force that at best is negligent and at worst corrupt.if anyone has info on the scum we are looking for, tell those victims who want to do something about it!

HI There,
I was caught by the Tri Hub boiler room scam two years ago and it seems they are back for more! I have been contacted by:
Bay (Tony) Chang,Vice President Mergers & Acquisitions,Minority Shareholder,Senior Director,Renminbi Yuan Holdings China,118 Jianguo Road, LP, Chaoyang District
Beijing, PRC, 100022, Email: [email protected], Web: www.ryhc.cn.com,Phone: +86 10 5123 5024
Fax: +852 3006 4291 (HK Admin Office),
regarding the buy back of my shares at a hugely inflated price. Tony (?) now tells me that there is a debt against my shares in Mexico and if I transfer £4k he will clear the debt and pay me $52k for my shares.
Has anybody else caught out by the Tri Hub scam been contacted by this supposed Chinese company and what can I do to report them and at the very least annoy the s**t out of them?
THanks in advance

Martin W

howdy i bought tri hub in 09 through swiss financial research

I don,t understand why you keep advising people to report theft to the police, have you not read my posts? The police in the uk do absolutely nothing about it, they DONT. Even have statistics. They do NOT gather info on boiler rooms and the like. They will NOT give anyone information that they do have, in point of fact, THEY PROTECT THE THIEVES we are searching for. Unfortunately for us we live in the fraud capital of the world with a police force that at best is negligent and at worst corrupt.if anyone has info on the scum we are looking for, tell those victims who want to do something about it!

On the contrary fraud, which is what scamming is, is a crime and the police are obliged to investigate crime. It’s often the case that individual incidents cannot be investigated but it is likely that those that are scamming are doing so frequently. By reporting the incident it helps the police build up intelligence about fraud and those acting fraudulently so it allows criminal proceedings to take place. In 2010 16,000 calls were made to the Action Fraud help line and I understand 4,500 reports were sent to the police for investigation. If you look on the FCA website it will give you reports of individual successful prosecutions for fraud.

If you have been subject to fraud and the fraudsters have been convicted then you may be entitled to compensation. Go the Victim Support website for details. If you returned the funds by credit card then you should contact your credit card provider as you may covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for protection for services costing up to £30,000 paid by credit card. If you paid by debit card then your bank could help you through the “chargeback” scheme although with this you are not automatically covered.

Fraud must always be reported to protect the public from future criminal conduct.

On the contrary fraud, which is what scamming is, is a crime and the police are obliged to investigate crime. It’s often the case that individual incidents cannot be investigated but it is likely that those that are scamming are doing so frequently. By reporting the incident it helps the police build up intelligence about fraud and those acting fraudulently so it allows criminal proceedings to take place. In 2010 16,000 calls were made to the Action Fraud help line and I understand 4,500 reports were sent to the police for investigation. If you look on the FCA website it will give you reports of individual successful prosecutions for fraud.

If you have been subject to fraud and the fraudsters have been convicted then you may be entitled to compensation. Go the Victim Support website for details. If you returned the funds by credit card then you should contact your credit card provider as you may covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for protection for services costing up to £30,000 paid by credit card. If you paid by debit card then your bank could help you through the “chargeback” scheme although with this you are not automatically covered.

Fraud must always be reported to protect the public from future criminal conduct.

Fraud must always be reported to protect the public from future criminal conduct

I Second That

Hamim Soylu & Jay Gotlieb

attachment.php

Hamim Soylu & Jay Gotlieb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/4359903.stm

Five men who tried to smuggle £30m of heroin from Turkey to Wales hidden in a cat litter shipment are facing jail.
So this guy is in jail for a while ,is this were the non stop rumors started that he has made investments in drug dealing.Hows his boiler room biz going .why hasn't he ever been in jail when so many others have.:cheesy:

Lets include in to this boiler room few more individuals and companies they are running .

LTGgoldrock main con artists : Andrew Barnett Grant Barnett and Peter Elsworth.
Second I.D.T.A. is new reinvention from Lachlan Elsworth another con man .
Be aware of those 2 companies they are still around and running smooth slick operations selling education.

They never traded live money in their life.

Scotland Yard

Gotlieb is a total scumbag!

The police should place Bell and Guchone under arrest:mad:! They are accountable for year after year of Boiler room scams against UK citizens.

Gotlieb is currently on the Scotland Yard watch list.
File your complaints.
Justice will prevail!

Super rat

So this guy is in jail for a while ,is this were the non stop rumors started that he has made investments in drug dealing.Hows his boiler room biz going .why hasn't he ever been in jail when so many others have.:cheesy:

Gotlieb is a super rat for the DEA.
He stays out of prison by giving away bigger fish.
All of his partners are in prison or dead.
He's running out of fish.
Guess who the bait is now?