Boiler Room Scams

Fisher are in Phiipines, they have two IP companies as a front for their operations. Dont expect any action form UK Police.. they are not interested at all.

Hey ""BR Basher"", you sound like your really into nailing these guy's, any info on the two IP front companies would really be appreciated. I have a couple of leads but what I really need is some kind of confirmation that what I have is correct. I know Manila very well, I just need to establish the link, any help, greatly appreciated

Sorry, it is a typo.. should read 2 IT companies.. you will see what I mean about the UK police when you call them.. I have been trying to engage them in this case for months, If you have any success please let me know. All they will tell you to do is to report it on line at "action for fraud" which should really be re-named "NO action for fraud"
good luck with the police

And that's why they can operate under many names since more than a decade:devilish:
Short sided government does not recognize loss of revenue and additional load of social systems by victims:mad:

Basher you're right!:rolleyes:

Can someone who has been a victim of these boiler rooms tell me, honestly, what the **** they were thinking when they agreed to transfer substantial amounts of their own money to someone they had never met, someone who was just a voice on the end of a phone and who, in some instances at least, wanted the money sent abroad even though they claimed to be in the UK?

I am asking here honestly, I want to understand what it is. :) Most people are very, very suspicious about cold callers of any kind, how do they even get their foot in the door?

Can someone who has been a victim of these boiler rooms tell me, honestly, what the **** they were thinking when they agreed to transfer substantial amounts of their own money to someone they had never met, someone who was just a voice on the end of a phone and who, in some instances at least, wanted the money sent abroad even though they claimed to be in the UK?

I am asking here honestly, I want to understand what it is. :) Most people are very, very suspicious about cold callers of any kind, how do they even get their foot in the door?

OK, here goes.. Firstly they target expats, for 3 reasons, a) they normally have money, b) they are normally quite busy with limited time for research, c) Police and even civil court jurisdiction issues.

now, the first callormally an introdcutory call.. they dont try to sell you anything at all.. they ask to send you a brochure, refer you to the website. you check these out and it seems legit. an when I was scammed I couldnt find any negative blogs about them.
Then they call you again with an oppotunity.. but still they dont ask for anything.. they refere you to a company.. eg Eldora gold resources.. you watch the share price.. going up nicely (the fact is it is manipulated by the fraudster).. then the next call suggests an investment... thats how they do it..

The website, brochures etc are very professional, they use virtual offices, so when you call to check them out, you get a nicce receptionist at the end of the line, who puts you through when you ask.

Thay have very good market knowlege, I am convinced they are Bankers gone bad.

The fact is this scam is fully integrated,, companies like Eldora gold resources, Solamon energy corp, Green cell etc are ALL set up by these criminals, they get them listed on an unregulated exchange and away they go!!!
The nomintae broker sells the real shares (albeit worthless) and the boiler rooms sell the fake shares... the scam is complete.. fully integrated scam!!! incolving the companies whos shares (fake and real) are being sold.. shares are manipulated, the collection accounts all have ltd as incorporation denotation to give the impression that they are UK companies.. when infact they are not.. and they use reputable banks (or did).. Barclays, HSBC Maybank ...

They are very organised, the accounts are layered to protect the ultimate benefactories and they use local stooges to set up the local accounts.

Actually I am writing a book on this, in which Banks, virtual office providers, Police forces, Stock enchanges, Stock brokers etc will all be named and shamed.. and if they want to sue me .. then let them.. they will not win beacuse I can prove every word i will publish.
The fruad would not work without the involvment of all of these entities.

Also skype, twitter and google are unwittingly helping these fruadsters to exsist and flurish.

If anyone wants to contact me for more details then send me a private email by this website.

BB

OK, here goes.. Firstly they target expats, for 3 reasons, a) they normally have money, b) they are normally quite busy with limited time for research, c) Police and even civil court jurisdiction issues.

now, the first callormally an introdcutory call.. they dont try to sell you anything at all.. they ask to send you a brochure, refer you to the website. you check these out and it seems legit. an when I was scammed I couldnt find any negative blogs about them.
Then they call you again with an oppotunity.. but still they dont ask for anything.. they refere you to a company.. eg Eldora gold resources.. you watch the share price.. going up nicely (the fact is it is manipulated by the fraudster).. then the next call suggests an investment... thats how they do it..

The website, brochures etc are very professional, they use virtual offices, so when you call to check them out, you get a nicce receptionist at the end of the line, who puts you through when you ask.

The fact is this scam is fully integrated,, companies like Eldora gold resources, Solamon energy corp, Green cell etc are ALL set up by these criminals, they get them listed on an unregulated exchange and away they go!!!
The nomintae broker sells the real shares (albeit worthless) and the boiler rooms sell the fake shares... the scam is complete.. fully integrated scam!!! incolving the companies whos shares (fake and real) are being sold.. shares are manipulated, the collection accounts all have ltd as incorporation denotation to give the impression that they are UK companies.. when infact they are not.. and they use reputable banks (or did).. Barclays, HSBC Maybank ...

They are very organised, the accounts are layered to protect the ultimate benefactories and they use local stooges to set up the local accounts.

Actually I am writing a book on this, in which Banks, virtual office providers, Police forces, Stock enchanges, Stock brokers etc will all be named and shamed.. and if they want to sue me .. then let them.. they will not win beacuse I can prove every word i will publish.

Also skype, twitter and google are unwittingly helping these fruadsters to exsist and flurish.

If anyone wants to contact me for more details then send me a private email by this website.

BB

Basher, nothing new so far, describing their method can be read on this board, TMF, or google 'hanging on the phone &englishman in Dubai'! Later one gives you at least some names of scammers. I am waiting for the names of IT companies running as legal entities the front end:devilish:

Btw, for example Les Henderson book from Crimes of Persuation describes method too:rolleyes:

Need some comm between CEO of a bank and victim after having made aware that account was used for scam and instead of freezing it, he waited till founds were taken out and transferred further:devilish:

Hey BB

Not sure how to send you an e-mail via the site, would be useful to get in touch! your absolutely correct in describing their methods,,,,,,, pretty much sums up my story (including Eldora followed by Norton) and they are so professional, they should be running ligite companies. I'm not sure if they are bad bankers or brokers, maybe a combination of the two!

The method I described was in response to a memeber who had asked how the scam is perpetuated and how we became victims, not in response to request for specific info.

I will not give any specific info out on this site as the boiler rooms have spys..

you need to write me a private email first using this website.

I have had my safety threatend by one of the boiler rooms, so I need to verify your authenticity.

This fraud is fully integrated from start to finish..they are very well orgnanised, resourced and motivated.
The only way to get your money back is by taking court action, and for that you need about 60K spare on legal and court fees!!!! the police are not interested especially the UK police!!

The method I described was in response to a memeber who had asked how the scam is perpetuated and how we became victims, not in response to request for specific info.

I will not give any specific info out on this site as the boiler rooms have spys..

you need to write me a private email first using this website.

I have had my safety threatend by one of the boiler rooms, so I need to verify your authenticity.

This fraud is fully integrated from start to finish..they are very well orgnanised, resourced and motivated.
The only way to get your money back is by taking court action, and for that you need about 60K spare on legal and court fees!!!! the police are not interested especially the UK police!!

Basher, I agree boiler rooms have spy's, but certainly they have read all your entries here and elsewhere:smart:
But don't you think your registration date makes you suspicious as it coincides with the approx date of names being disclosed on the English man site!

I will therefore be cautious not disclose my ID to you or anyone else which registered around that time:devilish:
Next to it you claim law enforcement isn't interested, which I can confirm else there would be tons of victims less by the same boiler room as they run scams for so long and they (the law) would have been able to get hold on them long ago, there is no excuse as common citizen were able to trace them down without all their power from IT to whatever. It certainly costs much less than 60k spare as you write, meager 10-15k USD did it too:cool:

BB

Good luck with the book mate, but consult a good defamation solicitor before you go to print. I've just been revising defamation for my upcoming exams, and the English law on defamation is, as you will probably know, very, very claimant friendly. If you are found guilty of just one of the many suits they bring (and you might get sued by everyone you accuse) then it will be enough to ruin you, and all the money will be going into their pocket- if you accuse someone of being involved in the perpetration of fraud when you actually can't prove that they are then damages award is likely to be in six figures- even if the jury only award nominal damages you may still be stuck with the other side's legal costs.

Remember that if you are sued for defamation then once it is decided that your words are defamatory (i.e. they lower the reputation of the claimant in the eyes of right thinking people. And accusing someone of fraudulent conduct does this) then the court will assume that the words are untrue, and you will have to convince a jury that they are true. Have you thought about the evidentiary hurdles you will need to overcome in doing this? Do you have, credible, people who are willing to get up on the stand in the High Court and say, "That man is engaged in the perpetration of fraud" about all of the people you will be accusing of such activity. A lot of the time whistleblowers and such are unwilling or unable to make an appearance in court.

Bold statements and challenging people to sue is a dangerous game, and with the greatest respect it's a game which only those with very deep pockets (e.g. newspapers) can play.

Basher, I agree boiler rooms have spy's, but certainly they have read all your entries here and elsewhere:smart:
But don't you think your registration date makes you suspicious as it coincides with the approx date of names being disclosed on the English man site!

I will therefore be cautious not disclose my ID to you or anyone else which registered around that time:devilish:
Next to it you claim law enforcement isn't interested, which I can confirm else there would be tons of victims less by the same boiler room as they run scams for so long and they (the law) would have been able to get hold on them long ago, there is no excuse as common citizen were able to trace them down without all their power from IT to whatever. It certainly costs much less than 60k spare as you write, meager 10-15k USD did it too:cool:

I agree you can track them down for a lot less.. but will that get you your money back??? most of it is hidden away in bank accounts in obscure countires and hiding behind bank secrecy laws... If you got all of your money back for 15K usd, then you sre a better man than me, and would love to know your methods..

I agree you can track them down for a lot less.. but will that get you your money back??? most of it is hidden away in bank accounts in obscure countires and hiding behind bank secrecy laws... If you got all of your money back for 15K usd, then you sre a better man than me, and would love to know your methods..

Basher,

Nice try to find out my ID, if I'd say yes to whether I got funds back, it would be easy to narrow down! Guess there aren't many which achieved. Monies can be traced if sent on from one bank to another, but don't count on any support by their so-called compliance depts, it would mean to some extend to achnowledge they knew of fraud. Banks take pride in hiding behind bank their customer confidentiality. Methods are there many and if I'd disclose I would be traceable myself:devilish:

If your money is out there then theoretically it is out there to be taken back. Assuming you know who took it.

You are perfectly correct:cheesy:
And Basher claims he does know who took it:rolleyes:

I don't know how people send money to these guys, but I'm assuming it is done from one account to another, rather than say through Western Union (if someone actually sent cash then they probably never will recover it). If the money has been sent from the victim's account, presumably at an ordinary High Street bank, to the conman's account then there should be a record of the transaction somewhere. Banks have to keep all sorts of info to avoid money laundering don't they? You can't just open up a bank account without providing documents which prove you are who you say you are and you live where you say you live.

I don't know how people send money to these guys, but I'm assuming it is done from one account to another, rather than say through Western Union (if someone actually sent cash then they probably never will recover it). If the money has been sent from the victim's account, presumably at an ordinary High Street bank, to the conman's account then there should be a record of the transaction somewhere. Banks have to keep all sorts of info to avoid money laundering don't they? You can't just open up a bank account without providing documents which prove you are who you say you are and you live where you say you live.
Hey Trader, your absolutely right, but if I remember correctly, the Philippines is one of only maybe two countries that have no agreement to share information with other International Banks or authorities. About two months ago, I believe they were put on notice that this needed to change otherwise various sanctions would be applied so if this is the case, the future looks brighter.

At the end of the day, there is so much evidence pointing in one direction, it shouldn't take much effort to nail these FCM artists, just needs the will to do it. I am hopeful of getting some real feedback from the Philippines in the next couple of days and if so, maybe worth a few beers in Howzat or Martini Bar to follow it up

Hey Trader, your absolutely right, but if I remember correctly, the Philippines is one of only maybe two countries that have no agreement to share information with other International Banks or authorities. About two months ago, I believe they were put on notice that this needed to change otherwise various sanctions would be applied so if this is the case, the future looks brighter.

I'm not sure, I know that Panama is known for its bank secrecy, and Switzerland (although increasingly less so), Luxembourg and Liechtenstein (their foundations are supposedly impenetrable) but things change and there certainly has been pressure brought to bear on these places.

What I was getting at was that these transactions happened, so a record will be there and there will be people who can get it for you. I don't know how its done (private detectives, paying off bank workers?), but perhaps pursuing it through the courts will not be effective. I mean, it only takes a very short period of time to move money from one bank account in one country to another one, so they can keep ahead of any subpoenas this way.

Cookieboy said:
At the end of the day, there is so much evidence pointing in one direction, it shouldn't take much effort to nail these FCM artists, just needs the will to do it. I am hopeful of getting some real feedback from the Philippines in the next couple of days and if so, maybe worth a few beers in Howzat or Martini Bar to follow it up

Good luck with that, but as I said to I-hate-boiler-rooms it's advisable to be very, very careful when naming names, or otherwise identifying alleged crooks publicly.

Do Not! I REPEAT DO NOT give in to this scam. They will tell you you can get shares unrestricted and not to pay more than $,50 to $.75 cents per share but they are just small time drug addicts trying to get money to get high. You will be ripped off. :smart:

List of unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK (as supplied by the FSA).....

Ainsley Consulting SL (now known as Mercier International Group)

Alexander Rothko Associates*

Amherst International

Anderson Fitzpatrick (Switzerland) AG

Argus Global Equities Limited

B A Gelman

Bagnestone

BenjaminFisher SL

Berkley Murray Securities

Berkshire Tax Consultants

Black & White Investments

Boska Settlement Corporation

Bradley Chen & Associates

Braun & Bridgewater Corporation (aka BBGC Corporation)

Breakthrough Venture Partners

Breslan Aliied Limited

Cambridge Global Inc

Capital One Management Inc

Carlton Birtal Advisory Services SL

Carter James SL

Chamberlin Management Inc

Chapman Foster Group SL

Chicago Board of Acquisitions Inc

* Clarington Group (The)

Clarkson Gordon Ltd

Clifton Financial Services

Cohen Edwards Asset Management

Collins Tate & Murchison

Condor Research

Crandale Group

Creston & Childs

Douglas St James

Dunhill Capital

E1 Asset Management

Edward Tate

Elliot Price & Associates

Equity Research Group

Eurotraders

Everest 1 Inc.

Fairchild Roth Financial Inc

Fernvale Associates

Fielding Clifford

First Chartered Capital Corp / First Colonial Trust

First International Equity & Acquisitions Inc

Franklin Asset Management (aka Jefferson Management)

Fraser Hunt Levine

Fridman, Koch and Saul (aka Cambridge Global and Amhers International)

Globeshare

Godwynn International

Goldberg Kravitz (now known as Union Partners SL)

Goodman Management Associates

GS Anguilla

Harrington Advisory Services/Harrington Advisory,SL

Hamilton Asset Management

Handel Ross Advisory

Hannover Markka Capital

Hargill & Black Associates

Harper Mills and Paige Inc

Harrop, Lees, Brown & Co

Henderson Young

Hoffman Philips SL

Hopkins, Pierce & Co Limited

Hyda Florsbanc

International Business Advisors

International Options Trading (PTY) Ltd*

ITB Group

Jackson Cole Investments

Jacob Stern

Jefferson Management (aka Franklin Asset Management)

K P Allen

Kammer, Stuartt Reed

Kerona Trading Ltd

Kline Management Group

Kobe Securities International

Liberty Assets inc

Liberty First Financial Services

Liberty One Advisors LLC*

Livingstone Asset Management

Lombard Grand Inc

Lox International Group

Market Access Group

Maxwell Fleming & Associates

McKenzie Goldstein & Associates*

McKenzie King Ltd

Mercantilebanc Securities Inc

Mercier Interantional Group (aka Ainsley Consulting SL) / Mercier asset Management Inc

Millennium Financial Ltd

Miller Bosses Acquisitions INC.

Morgan Young Financial Consultants

Morrison Cross Financial Investments Ltd

Nationwide Mergers and Acquisitions

Network Capital Partners

Nivo Invest and Trade Corp

Norwich Capital Mutual Funds Limited

Oceanic Equities

Pacific Federal SA

Pan European Investment Management

Pan Pacific Financial

Parker Lane

Parker Rowe

Perlman-Haas Associates

Phoenix Asset Management SA

Phoenix Partners SL

Platinum Asset Management (pty) Ltd

Platinum Placements Management

Premier Equities Limited

Premium Placement

Price Stone

Prime Forestry

Reichman Advisory SL

Rementon & Fitzgerald

Richard Watson Associates

Richmond International

Richmond Royce Advisory Services S.L.U.

RJL International Limited

Royal Asset Management of Canada

Schoefer Davis Limited

Smith Fairchild

SpencerFerguson Financial Services/SpencerFerguson Wealth Management

Stanfield Moritz Associates

Stanley Riebeck Corporation

Stein Banc Commerce

Sukumo Group

Tana Corum Holdings

Thibault Capital Markets

Thompson Weinberg

Tresaderns & Partners SL

Trident Market Advisors

Trillium Drake

Union Partners SL (formerly Goldberg Kravitz SL)

US Capital FX*

Van der Halen Equities

Wakeford & Goodridge

Walker Stone

Waterhouse Scott Ltd

Webster, Cohen & Galombik Inc

West Shore Ventures Limited

Willmont Financial SL

Windsor Asset Management

World Market Resources

World Trade Financial Corporation

Yee Seng Global

Please add Brittania Swiss Equities, although I think they have scammed and gone !

Please add Brittania Swiss Equities, although I think they have scammed and gone !

Somebody around who knows something about :
Longwood Trading

accounts ? Beneficiaries ? or whatever ?
Please post it or write to my email-box.

Something else : it will be great to publish their bank-connections, that hits them more than to make just a list with boiler rooms.
Not that you understand wrong, the lists are in a way ok, but the background is much more important.