Boiler Room Scams

It smells anyway.

Same technique.

Bet it is not the last you have heard from them.

Next time tell them that you will only buy if they are FSA and /or SEC regulated. You will find that they will shut the phone down. It is safe until you part with your money. After that , no matter what you do, you will not see the money again.

You cannot take him to court.

Even if you have said yes to buy, it is not legally binding.

WHATEVER YOU DO, Do not send them money.

If he was sure then he would keep the shares himself. :p

R Gupta said:
It smells anyway.

Same technique.

Bet it is not the last you have heard from them.

Next time tell them that you will only buy if they are FSA and /or SEC regulated. You will find that they will shut the phone down. It is safe until you part with your money. After that , no matter what you do, you will not see the money again.

You cannot take him to court.

Even if you have said yes to buy, it is not legally binding.

WHATEVER YOU DO, Do not send them money.

If he was sure then he would keep the shares himself. :p

Hi R Gupta

Don't worry I have no intention of buying them. I was just trying to think of a whole lot of awkward questions to ask them.

Their deal is that they take a cut of any profitable transaction. Sounds like Risk free leverage to me. For them at least.

Bit like the horse tipster that only take a % of your winnings as payment, of course you wear all of the loses.

Akward questions to ask would be:
1. If anything goes wrong would you be able to take them to court in the UK?
2. Would it be possible to buy the shares from a UK based broker and then split the profits with them if any , for the tip?
3. Does the company have a website?( I am sure it will)
4. Are the companies accounts open to inspection on the web?
5.How could you check the daily sales volumes of the company?
6. If he is offering you the shares at say $3 per, then could you palce a buy order at $1.95 per, for you might think that the value might dip before it actually touches the sky?
7. Ask them if the call is from a boiler room.
8. Ask if the shares might conform to Regulation S of the SEC, as you cannot sell these shares for 1 year anyway .

The list is endless but the guy may get the message.

Hi Guys
Treat yourselves to a v interesting interview/discussion on boiler rooms:

www.channel4.com/news/2003/09/week_3/18_boiler.htm

Cheers

I tried to go on to this from here but this link is not taking me there. However if you put key words'boiler rooms' into yahoo search , then you would be able to come to this page which is worth reading.

Roger, sorry but your money is long gone and so no doubt are Lynx. There is little point in trying to get it back because they know the game far better than you, and therefore have strategies to avoid past clients when they come looking for their money.

Please just use it as a lesson to fully research what you're being sold and who you're dealing with. Chances are they sold you options on gold or crude oil etc. Did you really understand what you were buying, do you know anything about options and how they work etc? If you were not at least a semi-expert in options then you should have never dealt in them.

The same with Lynx. Did you check them out, did you try and call them on the number from their website and then always get an answerphone. Did you check out the firm with the FSA, did you check out the broker with the FSA. Did you ask them if they were regulated, and if they said yes did you check out the regulator in question (which with a little digging you would have found out was a scam as well).

This type of research must be done with ALL financial companies these days because the scams are getting more and more sophisticated.

Again, sorry to sound harsh but make sure you and everyone else learns from what I've written.

mobile stream

:devilish: do not touch with the proverbial barge pole........... laurus capital also offloading these shares after an unsuccessful attempt to flog world aquatech international if you have time it is entertaining to string them along at their telephone cost lomg distance from a biler room in the caribbean or similar.
timaru69 said:
Hi

I was phoned by some chap from Aston Rowe (astonrowe.com) trying to sell me these shares directly from the company at $1.08 each.

They are being qouted at $1.50 on NASDAQ ( MBSM) on wafer thin volume.

The deal is that you have to hold onto the shares for a year before you can sell them. They reckon that they are going to $10.

Anybody else been rung up by these guys?

laurusfunds is not the same company!!!!!

Look up the right company and you might find somethinf different. If you invest through lauruscap, you WILL lose everythign you invest.

ericardlussa said:
FUNNILY ENOUGH, WWW.LAURUSFUNDS.COM LOOKS THE PART AND SEEM TO HAVE FINANCED MANY US COMPANIES WWW.AQUATECHPLC.CO.UK ] IS WEB SIT...RE ANY OF THESE SCHEMES EVER GENUINE?[/QUOTE]

Mobilestream Oil & Gas

timaru69 said:
Hi

I was phoned by some chap from Aston Rowe (astonrowe.com) trying to sell me these shares directly from the company at $1.08 each.

They are being qouted at $1.50 on NASDAQ ( MBSM) on wafer thin volume.

The deal is that you have to hold onto the shares for a year before you can sell them. They reckon that they are going to $10.

Anybody else been rung up by these guys?

Early in October I too was contacted by a financial institution but it was called

Marshall Lambert Group ( www.marshalllambertgroup.com )

It was pushing US shares in two companies :-

Nanoforce, Inc ( www.nanoforcetechnologies.com ) (us:NNFC)

and

Mobilestream, Inc. ( www.mobilestreamoil.com ) (us:MBSM)

Both of which looked a bit iffy?

The financial institution is not registered with the FSA, but nor is it on the blacklist, so I reported it to them.

Last edited:
Argus Global Equities Ltd

looker1 said:
can anyone help? i was subscribed to the argus global equities thread but it seems to have disappeared, somewhat like my money i fear!, can anyone direct me back in the right direction?
Thanks
I am also looking for info on this company - my money also dissapeared I fear. Did you find anything out? Would appreciate any info.

LOL - Just had a call from some fella called Terry Rogers from "Grayson House". Selling Shares etc and 50% return and "Can you do a School boy trade with £1500" to get on this recommendation now.
They are registered in Switzerland Chamber of Commerce,
www.hrazg.ch
Anybody any experience of these?

rgds

Mobilestream

mikefsmith said:
I am also looking for info on this company - my money also dissapeared I fear. Did you find anything out? Would appreciate any info.

Hi Mikeefsmith,

I am assuming you mean Mobilestream Oil & Gas. All I've got on this is from the web-site detail:
Using http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Registrant:
MobileStream Oil and Gas Company
7914 US 19 N
Port Richey, FL 34668
US

Domain name: MOBILESTREAMOIL.COM

Administrative Contact:
Oaten, Jonathan [email protected]
7914 US 19 N
Port Richey, FL 34668
US
813-932-9675
Technical Contact:
Bakunas, Ken [email protected]
18302 Highwoods Preserve Parkway
Suite 204
Tampa, FL 33647
US
813-932-9675 Fax: 813-866-8872

Registration Service Provider:
Magnetic Corporation, [email protected]
813-932-9675
http://www.magnetic.com
This company may be contacted for DNS/Nameserver changes and general
domain support questions.

Notice the Kensington Price content.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Delaware Incorporation register.

https://sos-res.state.de.us/tin/GINameSearch.jsp

THIS IS NOT A STATEMENT OF GOOD STANDING

File Number: 3993120 Incorporation Date / Formation Date: 06/28/2005
(mm/dd/yyyy)
Entity Name: MOBILESTREAM, INC.
Entity Kind: CORPORATION Entity Type: GENERAL
Residency: DOMESTIC State: DE

REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION

Name: DELAWARE BUSINESS INCORPORATORS, INC.
Address: 3422 OLD CAPITOL TRAIL SUITE 700
City: WILMINGTON County: NEW CASTLE
State: DE Postal Code: 19808
Phone: (302)996-5819

Filing no 3993120

I've got a good connection between KP Consulting and Nanoforce.

Regards Rub1

i just had a call from some scam shop called JP Stuart & Associates.

www.jpstuartandassociates.com

Trying to flog forex options with a ten minute speech on why its obvious that the dollar against the euro is going to go down (US trade deficit, war in iraq, cost of energy & oil, blah de blah).

Very slick sounding, and the guy who made the call was very confident and convincing - i can see how someone who knows nothing about trading might have their interest piked by these guys. When I told him I was a full time trader and started asking him about whether they were proposing option buys or writes and asking who they cleared through he passed me onto a guy who did actually know his stuff and was even more slick and convincing (obviously not to me).

Basically, they are based in spain and are not regulated by anyone, not even the Spanish regulator because their clients and investments are not in spain.

Presumably this means they are free to write fictional options and pocket all of your cash, or if you are lucky enough to actually have an option in the real market, you will be charged hundred of euros in commissions for the priveledge. The next question would be how much does the market have to run in your favour for you to actually break even - quite a lot!!

Just another scam to be aware of.

I have been approached by Anderson Consultants based in Barcelona pushing Golden Dynasty a C Canadian listed co which is available in pre float sale at 25p has producing oil wells in the Canning Basin Australia with more to drill . The money paid will go via a company called Secure Trade to a Lloyds TSB account. Seems very plausible any comments appreciated.

Doug

Of course it seems 'plausible' dhughes, these are scammers of the highest pedigree. You think they're going to make it sound like a con?

Pay money to them and lose it, it is as simple as that.

dhughes0 said:
I have been approached by Anderson Consultants based in Barcelona pushing Golden Dynasty a C Canadian listed co which is available in pre float sale at 25p has producing oil wells in the Canning Basin Australia with more to drill . The money paid will go via a company called Secure Trade to a Lloyds TSB account. Seems very plausible any comments appreciated.

Doug
Hi Doug,
I was approached by a chap calling himself Declan Murphy from Russel Research Parteners who said he was based in Zurich. He too offered me Golden Dynasty Resources Ltd, Pre IPO's. I checked to see whether Russel Research or Golden dynasty were FSA registered http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/ or black listed http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml or registered with Companies house http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/wclogin and they weren't. Well Golden Dynasty was registered with companies house but only just 6 weeks I think and there were no details about them. So Rule of thumb if they're not in the UK and not registered don't touch them and even then unless they've come from personal recommendation of a friend still don't touch them. Even companies that are registered could be ramping the price to line their own pockets.

Andy.

Always ask for there company lawyer and accountant information,B Rooms are 99% of the time using Administration Services offered by Lawyers,where the Lawyer signs of on the bank account.

Using front men and false docs is standard,and some of there salesmen are real good,the sure way is ask to speak to a manager and ask the manger for there Lawyer and Accountant information,that should get rid of them,if they give it to you,call the Lawyer and accountant and tell them what services are being offered to you by the company and ask how long have you been doing business with this company,ask them where are they based in what location and have you visitted them at there offices.

Also,ask for the salemans direct line,80% of the time its a answearing service,the B room usees this method,to forward there calls to the diffirent country there opperating in.And the saleman never answear the phone directly.

The more advanced B rooms have the call swithced,when it rings to any country in the world,theres loads of these types of companys offering these services,its answered directly by the scammer,if there number is in the UK,USA,and other western countrys ,your private detective will be able to find out who the telephone number belongs to,and to what country there really forwarding the call to,they say there in Zurich but then why are there calls being forwarded to Bangkok,more than likely the calls are being forwared to pay as go mobiles and internet phones that have the IP spoofed,so unless you know a freidly Mi5 agent who could trace the pay as go mobile ot track down the ip to the exact location then your not going to find out ,but at least you have proved that there not where they say they are.

The main places around the world for B rooms are ,Philiphines(alot),south africa(a large increase opening shop),Spain(by May 06 the mains ones will move,new european law,most B room operators keep up to date with the law)Holland(same as spain there leaving in May)Thailand(not so much these days),indonesia and Malyasia have there smaller operations.

Im writting a book at the moment,i have interviewd three ex boiler room owners,two current and lots of ex salesman and salesman.

Also i have over forty interviews from investors that have been scamed,going back to 1999,when Bangkok was capital of the world for Boiler rooms.

Five years ago all the focus was on Austraila,that changed when ASIC clamped down very heavy and made offical government complaints,the FSA in the UK have known the UK was and is being called from over 100 boiler rooms everyday,but they do NOTHING,they could stop this next week if they wanted to,but i have come to the conclusion that the FSA want you to get scammed so that you learn your lesson and just invest onshore in the UK or theres some very secret government agencys that get a small cut for there black opps abroad from this,they take there cut for protecting the B room and smoothing the process in these third world countrys,only two years ago there was a B room in lao that had over two hundred saleman there,someone had to be protecting them from the western side.

The book is about three to four months away from being complete,from the birth of the boiler room up to now.

( dear government hitman just so i don´t have an accident,i will not be publishing any details about government agencys funding there black operations with boiler room cash,i just had to get it of my chest,just this once,i will never mention it again in a public forum)

Great post and info 3 legs. I'll look forward to the book.

Just as I've been preaching for a long time, these people are very sophisticated, know how to set themselves up in business and of course at the same time know how to stay hidden.

If you're ever cold called with an investment proposal then 99.99% chance you're being set up. And sorry to sound harsh but if you lose money then you only have yourself to blame.........