Boiler Room Scams

cantagril

2,318 538
Hi guys, I've invested with mindwaymanagement.com. They sound very professional and promised tax-free profits. Company registered in HK, but now I have read some feedbacks that they are a scam. Are there any possibilities I can get my money back? Where should I apply to take them down?
I assume that you mean midway management as in the outfit mentioned in post #4414 of April 10th. There are some possibly useful links earlier in the thread somewhere.

whistler_man

159 3
Gday ,

My father is an investor. He has been recieving calls from thompson mergers in japan. Are australians allowed to buy american stoxk in japan? Something similar happened before. But i also found this

Www.thompsonmergers.com
Aussies are hit because they are gamblers. I worked for Kensington Group in early 2000's and we pulled over 70 Million USD out of Australia with a fake pig sh*t product called the Biolock from a fake company called International Global Waste Management to be listed on the NASDAQ.
Now I spend my time trying to help people so they don't get scammed.
I always search the tel. number. This will tell you a lot. If it is a Regis virtual office or what. The info immediately returns as a scam.

Stay away from this one.

whistler_man

159 3
I assume that you mean midway management as in the outfit mentioned in post #4414 of April 10th. There are some possibly useful links earlier in the thread somewhere.
You can try calling the bank you TT'ed your funds to. They usually move the money right after you send it.
Tel them you suspect a Boiler Room scam and request your money. Others have gotten theirs back.
Nex time, Google all their info. Tel & Fax #, address, company name and stock or product name you are asked to invest in.
Or, just hang up!

Marvis

2 0
You can try calling the bank you TT'ed your funds to. They usually move the money right after you send it.
Tel them you suspect a Boiler Room scam and request your money. Others have gotten theirs back.
Nex time, Google all their info. Tel & Fax #, address, company name and stock or product name you are asked to invest in.
Or, just hang up!
thanks for hint man. That's the thing, the info about stock they provide is very proffessional, their address in hongkong looks like legit, company registered in hongkong, emails also, their website domain is registered in 2010. This is very high level scam..

hellokitty444

1 0
Fraud bank used in stealing my wifes money:

BENEFICIARY: HERMAN MELVILLE LTD

ADDRESS: 34 Buckingham Palace Road, Westminster, London, SW1W 0RH, UK
BANK: Barclays Bank Plc
BANK ADDRESS: Leicester, LE87 2BB, UK SORT CODE: 20-45-45 SWIFT CODE: BUKBGB22 ACCOUNT NO: 56552955 IBAN NO: GB16 BUKB 2045 4556 5529 55

blackwatch

128 3
Fraud bank used in stealing my wifes money:

BENEFICIARY: HERMAN MELVILLE LTD

ADDRESS: 34 Buckingham Palace Road, Westminster, London, SW1W 0RH, UK
BANK: Barclays Bank Plc
BANK ADDRESS: Leicester, LE87 2BB, UK SORT CODE: 20-45-45 SWIFT CODE: BUKBGB22 ACCOUNT NO: 56552955 IBAN NO: GB16 BUKB 2045 4556 5529 55