Binary dot com (Bet on Markets) UP-DOWN Bets

Trevor2522

Binary dot com offers trial accounts to test your system first, which is more than most spread betting companies do. I'm still investigating binary, or fixed-odds bets, but betting the market to be UP or DOWN at the end of a specified period strikes me as the simplest and most-lucrative, in that returns are typically 75% - 95% ... in fact one can avoid placing bets offering poor odds as returns are known in advance. Seems easier than guessing whether the market will be at any given level at a certain fixed time in the future.

Forex offers 25 or more crosses to search for prospective winning chart patterns. For instance, one might bet, via the 1-hour chart, to rise or fall after 3 hours, based on momentum and indicators like the stochastic momentum index and ADX. The more impatient might bet on the 15-minute chart over 45-minutes. A time-multiplier of 3 or 4 seems optimal ... too short and one gets caught by choppiness ... too long and one is deep into the unknown.

About 10 years ago Binary dot com -- then known as Bet on Markets -- actually used to publish the partial names of the past week's biggest winners (not necessarily up/down bets). Some won as much as £28,000! That only lasted about a year before being pulled. Or perhaps it was baloney. Anyone have experience on whether Binary dot com are good payers, or limit bets like sports bookmakers dealing with winning clients? At least Binary.com has a chance to lay winning bets on the huge stock/forex markets to some extent.

Comments? Success? Tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a look. It seems that if I win the bet I make $0.40 on a $1 bet but if I lose then I lose $1. That means odds of 2.5/1. Surely it is better to bet on straight forex odds of approx. 50/50 after commission ?

I have had a look. It seems that if I win the bet I make $0.40 on a $1 bet but if I lose then I lose $1. That means odds of 2.5/1. Surely it is better to bet on straight forex odds of approx. 50/50 after commission ?

If you lose, it's $1, if you win it depends on the known offered odds, typically 90%, so you win 90c. They used to offer straight 1:1 odds on up/down bets but now it's less and variable. Still pretty good odds considering you have a 50-50 chance at guessing! Better if you use technical chart patterns.