Biggest central bank mistake?

Rambo35

I was wondering what you think was the biggest mistake made by any central bank since 2008?

I think all central banks failed together and am a big opponent of stimulus as it only applies a short term fix hoping it will buy the economy time, but at some point someone has to pay for the stimulus which in my opinion is far worse than a recession from which sustainable growth can be achieved.

I think there are quite a few historical cases which show that stimulus does not work and ends up being counter-productive. It is terrible that central banks act in order to please investors and not in order to create an environment for stable as well as sustainable economic growth.

It's political.

One historical example you could talk about is the Great Depression. Thomas Sowell is entertaining on it.

Biggest central bank mistake? Well, they're not mistakes - they're doing it on purpose. They're doing what governments and peoples want them to do.

But in terms of what they do wrong - pretty much everything they do.

The biggest mistake any Central Bank has made is not appointing me to whatever position I applied to. They advertise for them in the back of teh economist. BoE was the last one.

I have also applied for a bunch of jobs in Africa (transport, infrastructure, occasional energy related posts). Just bang off your current C.V. and enjoy writing the cover letter.

I mostly did this as a student, mind.

QE for sure. Well maybe not today but it will be studied as a model of economic exhaustion in future.

Dameon

QE for sure. Well maybe not today but it will be studied as a model of economic exhaustion in future.

Dameon

I agree with you. Right now a lot of people may think it is positive, but in the end the price tag will be too high and not worth it.