Best Us Stocks To Trade

LORD JAMLA

It is one of man's greatest mysteries why English folk do not trade US stocks more. Smaller spreads, bigger companies, more volatilty and more stupidity are all contained in the US stock. Some of my favourites are Dell,INTC, MSFT, e-bay, Pfizer and Apple. Feel free to add any of yours to the list.

I enjoyed trading:

PEP - Pepsi. Very rangebound, so TSR works well.
K - Kelloggs. Nice trending share which loves round numbers
C - Citigroup. Not sure why, it's just makes good trading. :)

Just my thoughts

Hi Guys
Which brokers allow full electronic CFD trading on the US markets?

LORD JAMLA said:
It is one of man's greatest mysteries why English folk do not trade US stocks more. Smaller spreads, bigger companies, more volatilty and more stupidity are all contained in the US stock.

You are so correct.What is it with UK traders.Why dont they see the light.There are so many more oppertunities,with the same patterns repeating over and over again.

My favourite stocks? obviously i like INTC and MSFT,but i also like..
NVDA
QLGC
CHKP
MOLX
CHIR
SPLS
ESRX
AMGN
BGEN
SSCC
CMVT
KLAC
LLTC
ERTS
EBAY
PAYX
BMET
MLNM
NVLS
CDWC
APOL
CTAS
WFMI
LNCR
PIXR
FISV
FHCC
MEDI
BBBY
XLNX
INTU
DELL
ADBE
SNPS
TEVA
MXIM
COST
GNTX
GENZ
ICOS
PCAR
GILD
DISH
SYMC
CTXS
CEPH
IDPH

There is a list to start any UK trader making profits from trading US stocks.

The great Scottish one will never ever get any stamp duty out of me!

Following MSFT INTC and DELL and trending is as good as it gets. Spreads of one cent and commissions of one cent per share mean that 3 cents plus and you are in profit. Similarly if you stop loss at 3 cents on the downside then you are not going to get wiped out easily.

Just looking out for these three shares can make life a lot easier. 2.30pm is a very civilised start to the day too! You can even close your positions in time for Corrie Street or even Neighbours.

Turn west out of London and keep going I say. Stamp Duty is a tax paid by Wallies to Wallies

Strangely this advice is rarely given within the UK Press.

Kinglatfan

Strangely it is true that not much advice is given in the press on trading US equities.I remember years ago sitting in the city with a deputy finance editor from a large press organization and showing him how the Nasdaq market was traded with level 2 direct access.I also went through all the advantages of trading US stocks.He was fascinated and didn't know anything about this style of trading.

When it came to writing his piece,strangely everything was ignored and something was written on the UK market that was gleaned from someone down the corridor from me.

However full marks to CNBC Europe who naturally were the only ones who allowed me to talk about Nasdaq level 2 trading.The amount of e mails forward to me by them, from as far away as India,Africa,Australia,Middle East and Europe was truly astonishing.

QLGC is a good example of a large Nasdaq stock that moves well with 100% moves in both directions over a few months.I attach the chart.Note the island at the bottom.Its still a day traders favourite and i bet EOD (end of day) traders wouldnt mind jumping on some of the volatility it produces.

Attachments

• qlgc1.gif
    qlgc1.gif
    6 KB · Views: 617
Enjoy gap plays.QLGC loves them.All you need is a level 2 screen to manage your trade correctly.

Attachments

• qlgc2.gif
    qlgc2.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 611