Best spread bettting for US Stocks

Prawnsandwich

OK this has probably been answered in the not too distant past here but its late and Im feeling lazy....Ive been trading US stocks for a couple of years and more recently day trading large volume gainers....

Am considering changing from US broker to spreadbetting firm but am concerned that I might not get a good selection of stocks to trade.....any suggestions appreciated.....

Hi prawn,
If you're day trading, then U.S. stocks are going to be especially challenging to trade via a SB platform. As you suggest, the universe of available stocks tends to be fairly limited compared to a direct access broker but, more seriously than that, the spreads are the real killer. A little more detail here for you (p46 post, #367): http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-stocks/38036-how-make-money-trading-markets-46.html
Cheers,
Tim.

no there is daily contracts that can be rolled over ...

yeh, if you solely use IGIndex and not a broker

but who wants to use that?? it's for newbies...

but he wants to switch to sbetting and u said there is only Q contracts ... thats not true there is daily contracts as well ...

I can c why some shares traders use SB : Gauranteed stops , Leverage , no daytrading restrictions , no tax ....

Belated thanks for the responses...probably will be difficult to daytrade daily large % gainers on US markets so will stick to what I'm doing although its a bit painful to ignore the potential tax savings.....