Best UK and USA data feed for indices and or stocks

Newboyneil

Hi all,

whats the best UK and USA data feed for indices and or stocks?

Preferably from one source but I dont mind 2, really I after streaming charts but historical charts would be good.

Thanks

Newboyneil

Hi NewBoyNeil

I would look into either

E-Signal which for what your looking for would be about $120 a month

or

Sierrachart powered by Mytrack which would be about $70 a month. If you do go for Sierrachart then have a look in the T2W store for a discount.

Hope this helps :)

Newboyneil

when you day best - what do you mean by best and what is the max you would pay?

MyTrack historical/eod data for UK stocks is poor quality with numerous errors. Or at least it was. The best UK eod feed is from Prestel. MyTrack is ok for realtime UK and US.

What I would like is to be able to chart ftse and us stock with indices in real time streaming charts with historical data.

also the feeds to link into medved quotetracker and wealth-lab
www.wealth-lab.com

Thats is but also at a cheap price..lol

If thats possable

Thanks

Newboyneil

www.advfn.com - UK Silver Trader - £29.95, you get live unlimited streaming for all US and UK Stocks and Streaming UKX and INDU.

ADVFN UK Silver Trader - Information

ADVFN's UK Silver Trader gives you unlimited access to streaming real-time UK share prices and LIVE FTSE, plus real-time US prices from NYSE, Nasdaq and Amex, plus real-time Indices; S&P 500, Nasdaq and Dow Jones Indices.

UK Silver Trader is the cheapest option to get LIVE FTSE.

With a UK/US Silver Trader account you can open multiple windows of real-time streaming prices both UK and US and stay connected for as long as you like. This means you can watch multiple streaming charts, trade report pages and stock monitoring lists throughout the day.

Also included are ADVFN's award winning Premium Bulletin Boards, Premium Fundamentals and tools, as well as all the Free site's functionality.

UK Silver Trader

LSE Level 1
Unlimited, live, Level 1 streaming share prices from the London Stock Exchange.

USA Level 1
Live, Level 1 streaming stock prices and indices from NYSE,NASDAQ and AMEX.

Premium BB
Access to the ADVFN's Premium Bulletin Board

FTSE Indices
Live Unlimited streaming FTSE indices. Includes major FTSE indices (FTSE 100, FTSE All-share, Techmark etc) and indsutry sector indices.

UK Data downloads
Download historical share prices for UK stocks.

UK Premium Fundamentals
Company reports and key fundamentals and ADVFN's unique search and filtering tools.

Multiple Pages
You can open up to 5 simultaneous windows of streaming prices.

Onebrow...

.....do you really get live US data for that money and not just delayed? I seem to remember each user has to be registered with Amex/Nasdaq/NYSE/etc for live data and each user charged an additional fee on realtime systems.

And can you get the combined Level One/Two LSE data anywhere?

that figure does not include exchange fees which need to be paid sooner or later

and all data from data suppliers is delayed - its just a function of their systems - and you tend to get the delay and quality of feed that relates to what you pay

if might only be in seconds - but those seconds might cost you dearly in trading losses from late data

Attachments

• advfn.gif
    advfn.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,156
If any of you are thinking of going to ADVFN, I would strongly advise you
to only subscribe to their Premium Bulletin Board in the first instance.
This will enable you to talk to other users of their premium data/charting facilities and gauge whether it is what you want.
There have been considerable reliability problems.

Hi harpmandoodle,

Sorry have not been back to this Thread for a while, You get everything that I stated for that price.

You can get Basic Level 2 for £39.99 a month - see below or have a look at the product matrix as posted by Bonsai above to see what this gives you.

Basic Level2

LSE Level 2
Limited, live, streaming Level 2 information from the London Stock Exchange.Level 2 consists of the full order book for SETS stocks and a complete list of market maker quotes for other listed equities.

LSE Level 1
Unlimited, live, Level 1 streaming share prices from the London Stock Exchange.

Premium BB
Access to the ADVFN's Premium Bulletin Board

UK Data downloads
Download historical share prices for UK stocks.

UK Premium Fundamentals
Company reports and key fundamentals and ADVFN's unique search and filtering tools.

Multiple Pages
You can open up to 5 simultaneous windows of streaming prices.