Historical Data for Forex and Indices

Parkzo

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good provider of historical data suitable for backtesting in MetaTrader?

I'm looking for data for the indices, S&P, Dow, Russell 2000, etc, and preferably long term data over a 10 year period.

I currently use TickStory (who source data from Dukascopy), but data is limited to 5 years for the indices and it's quite patchy in the older data.

Any suggestions welcome, free or paid packages.

Thanks!
Parkzo

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good provider of historical data suitable for backtesting in MetaTrader?

I'm looking for data for the indices, S&P, Dow, Russell 2000, etc, and preferably long term data over a 10 year period.

I currently use TickStory (who source data from Dukascopy), but data is limited to 5 years for the indices and it's quite patchy in the older data.

Any suggestions welcome, free or paid packages.

Thanks!
Parkzo

fxcm provides reasonable accurate data for this time period and beyond. They have a historical download application available, which was US$500 the last time I checked. Note this will be their CFD data not futures data.

fxcm provides reasonable accurate data for this time period and beyond. They have a historical download application available, which was US$500 the last time I checked. Note this will be their CFD data not futures data.

Brilliant, thank you!

I've downloaded the application and some data now, can't comment on the quality yet but looks fine at a glance and plenty of history for the S&P