Best SB platform for indicies & forex

marvellous

Just started SB again after leaving it alone for a couple of years and have reactivated some platforms I used previously.

ETX quite easy to use and charts are OK.
IG - I don't like the standard charts as much, but have just upgraded to Advanced Charts, but not sure if/ when i'm going to get my head round these. The reason i've gone back to IG (used ETX initially as they had an initial bonus) is they seem to have lower spreads on forex anyway than the others. ETX seem to have a standard 2 pip spread typically, but when you compare it to IG often it's 1.5 but the spread seems to jump around a lot and can go from 0.8 to 3 pips so i'm confused as to whether it's the best option.

I've still got accounts with Capital Spreads & City Index, but they don't seem as good as ETX or IG functionality wise.

I'm looking to trade Forex & indicies and basically looking for the one with lowest spreads, any thoughts?

My intention is to have all positions closed by end of day, having not had great success in the past things like excessive spreads and overnight financing eat into profits.

Thanks for any pointers. I'm UK based.

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/video-tutorials

https://www.prorealtime.com/en/help-manual

"upgraded to Advanced Charts, but not sure if/ when i'm going to get my head round these."

Just started SB again after leaving it alone for a couple of years and have reactivated some platforms I used previously.

ETX quite easy to use and charts are OK.
IG - I don't like the standard charts as much, but have just upgraded to Advanced Charts, but not sure if/ when i'm going to get my head round these. The reason i've gone back to IG (used ETX initially as they had an initial bonus) is they seem to have lower spreads on forex anyway than the others. ETX seem to have a standard 2 pip spread typically, but when you compare it to IG often it's 1.5 but the spread seems to jump around a lot and can go from 0.8 to 3 pips so i'm confused as to whether it's the best option.

I've still got accounts with Capital Spreads & City Index, but they don't seem as good as ETX or IG functionality wise.

I'm looking to trade Forex & indicies and basically looking for the one with lowest spreads, any thoughts?

My intention is to have all positions closed by end of day, having not had great success in the past things like excessive spreads and overnight financing eat into profits.

Thanks for any pointers. I'm UK based.

Thanks Kalott

Next task to try and work out a strategy! Trying to fit this is with a day job, I do have about an hour in the mornings and can keep an eye on the markets. But will have to look at using stop losses and leaving trades alone.

Cheers

Capital Spreads are OK, spreads tighter on forex and indices compared to IG. IG's advanced charts take some time to get used to, but its worth the effort.

The best SB platform (for UK Shares and UK based)so far personally I think is the Spread CO because it's a downloadable software which means faster order
execution (very important for a UK Shares day trader as it's easy to catch fast market movement) and support multiscreen, as well as easy user interface.

Prospreads also has a downloadable software, but does not have user friendly interface.
Plus500 is so-so.
Most of the other SB platform are web based via https which means it's slower than software based.

My personal experience is to avoid any platforms which is web based unless you have no other choice.
BTW I have most of the SB Company Live Accounts,but only use Spread CO for fast daily scalping for UK shares if market condition is right, in and out within few minutes.

If you're trading Forex and indicies, so far FXCM spread betting account using trading station 2 is one of the best for a normal trader,
there is a one click order button you can in and out market within seconds.Think or swim is also very good and a few US based firms.

Using SB platform trading Forex is no advantage but is only a disadvantage, they normally don't pay rollover fees for the currency and £1 a point is equal to £10,000 (min lot size), it is too much for small trader armed with few hundred pounds capitals. and no hedging,If you don't have sufficent funds in your account, like the day 800 pips or more movement in a few hours you don't stand a chance.

IG and CMC etc, they all have internal software for their traders but not for us, I only use IG and CMC for midterm UK shares trading and I don't normally log in the platform for weeks. CMC takes 10 seconds to fully load after you push the login button...What a joke!

The best SB platform (for UK Shares and UK based)so far personally I think is the Spread CO because it's a downloadable software which means faster order
execution (very important for a UK Shares day trader as it's easy to catch fast market movement) and support multiscreen, as well as easy user interface.

Prospreads also has a downloadable software, but does not have user friendly interface.
Plus500 is so-so.
Most of the other SB platform are web based via https which means it's slower than software based.

My personal experience is to avoid any platforms which is web based unless you have no other choice.
BTW I have most of the SB Company Live Accounts,but only use Spread CO for fast daily scalping for UK shares if market condition is right, in and out within few minutes.

A few of the faster web platforms, Spread Co, ETX, Capital don't use HTTPS for their main communications protocol so won't be slower unless you've dropped a firewall/proxy in the way. From what I've seen there's no performance difference in the spread co web platform than there is the download one. Even the web version supports multiple monitors so I tend to use that more..

A few of the faster web platforms, Spread Co, ETX, Capital don't use HTTPS for their main communications protocol so won't be slower unless you've dropped a firewall/proxy in the way. From what I've seen there's no performance difference in the spread co web platform than there is the download one. Even the web version supports multiple monitors so I tend to use that more..
What do you trade with Spreadco? Any experience trading the Dow with them regading execution, re-quotes and slippage?

What do you trade with Spreadco? Any experience trading the Dow with them regading execution, re-quotes and slippage?

Spread on the Dow is good, no requotes even in a busy market, but mainly trade FX nowadays during early asian session but am moving away on to MT4 now.