Best learning tools?

Sandee106

I'm new to computerized trading. I was taught "old school" hanging on to blue chip stocks. I really want to learn how to play the market on swing trading. Anyone have a suggestion as to books, online courses or dvd's that will give me some helpful information?

I'm new to computerized trading. I was taught "old school" hanging on to blue chip stocks. I really want to learn how to play the market on swing trading. Anyone have a suggestion as to books, online courses or dvd's that will give me some helpful information?
Hi Sandee,
Welcome to the site.

I've answered similar questions to a couple of other new members today so, to save me repeating myself, please check out their threads:
Hey Everyone
New, Interested in Swing Trading
Let us know if you have more specific questions.
Tim.

Hi Sandee106 - this might sound moronic, but I think the best trading tools you've got are your eyes and your temperament.

Personally, I find myself getting lost in too much information. Maybe I am still too new at forex but I get quite confused with all these graphs and indicators. I prefer to follow what's going on in the market, read the news as it is happening and follow simple trend lines. It works with small trades which is where I am at the moment.

That said, there are some great tools out there now - that's a relatively recent phenomenon, driven by market demand for risk-managed trading - for, like, free!