Best forex charts out there today

Do you agree with my target of .95? What is you target?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gbpusd 60 mins

market hoping for Spanish bailout as bond yields rising on down grade
so bought gbpusd on pull back at 16013 in the trading room.

IF we close above 16020, still time to get a pull back in next hour
daily bar suggests IF this works could trigger buying as we head into IMF meeting tomorrow

mike

11am uk time -

markets are light volume, again, will look to see how open range of dow works out
then we have speaker 30 mins after open, at that point I think we will see where the market may go for restof the session, into friday

gbpusd holding the 16020 pivot but we have been selling here this week, so lets see if we get a higher close as the US starts to get to their desks.

Mike

2012-10-12_0923 - MikeHamilton's library

As we came out of the summer whip and we went towards some of the key points in several cycles, the charts became much easier to trade.

GBPUSD / JPY has been moving from and into pivots nicely these last 2 weeks. This euro session was no exception. GBPUSD moved off the daily pivot and hit R1. Oil came off the daily pivot for 50 points also.

Will watch for any reactions to data in US session later.

I like gbpusd on pull back to 16050 / gbpjpy at 12580 and gbpaud at 15668.

I've been a gbp bull all summer and this move to 160 in gbpusd was a great buying opportunity.

Mike

gbpusd/usd came off the daily ivots yesterday and haven't looked back. I'm still in gbpjpy so hoping we can approach 128 and break this weak.

China has GDP on Thursday, will need to be careful as we approach that, aud is already building up to that.

Mike

hi, guys here is my prediction on today with GBPUSD
BUY
If the price breaks resistance 1.61825 bullish movement will start. The aim of such movement is the 1.62354, with the following move up to the 1.62964.
SELL
If the price breaks support 1.6039 bearish movement will start. The aim of such movement is the 1.60222 with the following move down to the 1.59912.

Hi,

It's options expiry today and gbpusd is clinging on to 16050 as that's the touted level.

I'm out of the market today with this and the euro summit concluding.

Dow and ftse have held up ok this week and we've seen strong UK retail sales and jobs.
If we can hold above the daily 50 ema today I will buy lows on Monday.

I'm looking for proof the big money is supporting the gbp first so I can follow the crowd next week.

Yen pairs have been good this week and so gbpjpy is under an apex in the daily so despite the sell yesterday I want to see if we can consolidate and push up through 128 next week. I've been a gbp bull all summer and I think these pull backs MAY be a good opportunity.

Have a good weekend.

Mike

I'm waitng for the week to get underway as i think gbp will be a buy if we can dip to lower support levels. In the meantime I like usdcad on pb to 9875.

mike

Yen is weak, one of the best charts is audjpy on a pull back to 82.10 for me tomorrow.

How's trading for you Guys?

Mike

I'm interested in EUR/JPY at this juncture as it looks a better way to play any Euro strength than the EUR/USD, as it's attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout. It moved above the two year downtrend line yesterday and so needs to close the week above it for further confirmation imo. If it does, I'll look to play a medium term move back up towards the 110 level. Any thoughts on this Mike?

Attachments

• EURJPY_Weekly_23_10_12.png
    EURJPY_Weekly_23_10_12.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 188
I'm interested in EUR/JPY at this juncture as it looks a better way to play any Euro strength than the EUR/USD, as it's attempting to make a Stage 2A breakout. It moved above the two year downtrend line yesterday and so needs to close the week above it for further confirmation imo. If it does, I'll look to play a medium term move back up towards the 110 level. Any thoughts on this Mike?

this is pinched in the apex of the daily trendline and the support at 10325
we tested daily 8 ema today and closed just above.

Entry for me was the 60 min hammer at 5pm UK time.

Daily is not great with RSI high (don't like buying high), but if you're not in and think that major support will hold...

I would set order for 10327 with a stop under 10288....

in hope we move within the apex, the support gets bought and we burst out as we break the weekly resistance at these recent highs and run

Mike

Attachments

• eurjpy daily 23-10-2012 21-44-24.jpg
    eurjpy daily 23-10-2012 21-44-24.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 179
this is pinched in the apex of the daily trendline and the support at 10325
we tested daily 8 ema today and closed just above.

Entry for me was the 60 min hammer at 5pm UK time.

Daily is not great with RSI high (don't like buying high), but if you're not in and think that major support will hold...

I would set order for 10327 with a stop under 10288....

in hope we move within the apex, the support gets bought and we burst out as we break the weekly resistance at these recent highs and run

Mike

I like to buy breakouts at higher highs for my medium term trades as I want to be with the momentum of the move. So I think with this EUR/JPY one that I'm still looking for it to close the week above that downtrend line first before I do anything. So I have got a few days of waiting yet. But if it fails to breakout convincingly this week then it could be a good point to go short as is a major trendline.

I like to buy breakouts at higher highs for my medium term trades as I want to be with the momentum of the move. So I think with this EUR/JPY one that I'm still looking for it to close the week above that downtrend line first before I do anything. So I have got a few days of waiting yet. But if it fails to breakout convincingly this week then it could be a good point to go short as is a major trendline.

eurjpy daily - lower daily close, holding a key level but gbpusd is a far better chart.

2012-10-24_2136 - MikeHamilton's library

Mike