B

Hi Brett, I think you'll find Manchester quite expensive - but the towns around Manchester are much more affordable - eg. Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury...

Can't argue with that... Infact, keep going south until you hit Spain!
Personally, I would have said that you could stop at the south of France but anyway, from my point of view your original question is a bit vague: "cost effective" in what sense?? If you're an urbanite then do you really want to be living in a big city...or a smaller town? ...and if you're going to chained to a trading desk fro several hours a day, do you want to be looking out of the window at an expensive brick wall and lanes of traffic?...or would you consider something more rural with those big green bits and spiky woody things all over the place...."fields" and "trees" we used to call them when I was a lad. Nicer to look and possibly a lot cheaper.

...or would you consider something more rural with those big green bits and spiky woody things all over the place...."fields" and "trees" we used to call them when I was a lad. Nicer to look and possibly a lot cheaper.
But think of the internet speeds! Oh the humanity!

My advice is first think where you need to be. No point me suggesting the hebrides if you work in Weymouth. Cost effective but cost a fortune to get there. Cost effective is fine, but what happens if your mum gets I'll?
Great you live in derby but you need to get to Devon in a hurry.
There is a always a more cost effective place to live, so choose a locality to start with and then work outwards

Dear Dealers,

I have finally managed to get a grip on my finances by living at home and cutting costs. However at almost 40 years old, I cannot live with my mother forever.

Where do you consider the best, most cost effective place to live in the UK? I was thinking Manchester? It's a really nice place, with some great property and good value.

You advice has been really good so far and really helped me. Your advice would be really welcomed right now.

Best Regards,

Brett

Goa

Why limit yourself to the out of whack, overpriced Sh*thouse called UK that's on its last legs.

Try here

My advice is first think where you need to be. No point me suggesting the hebrides if you work in Weymouth. Cost effective but cost a fortune to get there. Cost effective is fine, but what happens if your mum gets I'll?
Great you live in derby but you need to get to Devon in a hurry.
There is a always a more cost effective place to live, so choose a locality to start with and then work outwards
Wo there, don't tell the masses that the West country is great or they will all be here instead of safely up north somewhere.
Already we have a building plague of grotty estates springing up all over the place. Keep at least one area green and pleasant.
Yes I am a committed NIMBY and proud of this area.

Thread title,
Best Cost Effective place to live in UK?

is akin to asking which cell on the 1st floor or other floor in which cell block, A,B, C, D is best option to move to and live.

ROFLMAO

Get out of Dodge, now!

head to GOA, save a fortune and live like a LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!