Microsoft Excel Autosum doesn't autosum BS

tomorton

Guest Author
When I select a column of numbers and go through Formulas, Autosum, Sum, it f-ing well doesn't. It just prints =SUM() in the next cell whatever the f-ing hell that f-ing well means. What a steaming pile of f-ing dog cr@p. Merry f-ing Christmas, f-ing Microsoft.

hey mate .........im pretty familiar with Excel .....autosum usually works ?

i simply left click selected the row and then pressed autosum button ....it should put snswer in lower area ?

s/be ok

Attachments

• excel 2.JPG
    excel 2.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 362
  • excel1.JPG
    excel1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 390
It never works, its useless. They're just doing it to annoy me personally. It used to work when we had Excel 1.1.1 or whatever it was, never failed. Grrrr.

it could be that in one of your numbers its actually text. that generally throws it out
alternatively the cell you're on isn't the same as the column of numbers you want
those notwithstanding, I have to reluctantly agree with NVP...Excel works all the time for me, and its always a user error if not
you could always send the file and we could happily take a look for you...you miserable old b*********

No, the whole column's formatted as numbers. Its f-ing Microsoft sh1t. This used to work in Excel about 10 years ago. Now its all f-ing fancy knobs and bells and its f-ing Christmas and what's f-ing Theresa May doing anyway?

You may have inadvertently clicked the "show formulas" button. Unclick as shown. Send Bill Gates a Christmas card !

formula.JPG

Blimey, never seen that one before. Thank you. I have tried it as per the diagram but it just makes the columns all wider for some reason. The Autosum thing still doesn't sum.

Its 6 o'clock. I'm going to get a drink.

Blimey, never seen that one before. Thank you. I have tried it as per the diagram but it just makes the columns all wider for some reason. The Autosum thing still doesn't sum.

Its 6 o'clock. I'm going to get a drink.

It will make the column wider if your default setting is to "adjust column width to the data contained"; if it's also set to "show formulas" it will make it even wider dependent on the length of the formula. Best thing to do is to open a new blank worksheet and experiment with the "show formula" button on the ribbon – you've probably just got it out of sync. It's almost certainly the reason why you are seeing formulas instead of results (the option is there for good reasons but they turn into bad reasons if you don't need the facility).

You will probably get much better results after a few pints!

Last edited:
I tell you, they're all speccie techie b@st@rds. I hate them and their bushy beards and their hats indoors and no socks and their little slitty square black framed glasses and all that veggie sh1te.

Hmmmm, the drink is helping.