Best C# or C++ platform and broker for shorting?

torewy

Hi all - I am looking for a C# or C++ platform that will allow me to backtest and optimize algos - and also looking for a broker that gives me the best inventory of Hard to Borrow stocks. I trade mostly on NASDAQ and NYSE and like to both buy and short stocks in the $1 to $10 range. I am new to algo trading so any suggestions on the appropriate platform and broker for my purposes would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

Operational platforms for algo development are rare. The main task is to locate the right platform to use, and then decide what to trade within the supported markets of that platform. Else you will spend years in development and testing till the fist live trade is placed - if you even get to the point of live trading.

There are many such softwares for your usage that would allow you to use C# or C++ for coding. Since you trade in NASDAQ and NYSE, I dont know softwares available however if you want to just check your theories and backtest in a free software I can suggest you a few however those softwares cannot trade in NYSE or NASDAQ. If you are still interested do reply then.

Hi all - I am looking for a C# or C++ platform that will allow me to backtest and optimize algos - and also looking for a broker that gives me the best inventory of Hard to Borrow stocks. I trade mostly on NASDAQ and NYSE and like to both buy and short stocks in the $1 to $10 range. I am new to algo trading so any suggestions on the appropriate platform and broker for my purposes would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
Check out NinjaTrader.com

Check out QuantConnect platform - it can do everything you mentioned and supports both C# and Python I believe. As far as brokers, I believe they are integrated with several such as Interactive Brokers.