Being Right = Winning?

In cards it can be certain that you win, you can KNOW. In trading it's not so clear cut.
Hi Shakone:
Interesting when you say this, so I guess you play poker then, great, so you know exactly what am talking about here about "knowing".....yes!
Ok, you are correct that when poker and markets are compared together, trading is not so clear, it is because it is a lot more complex, more players.....agree? now that does not mean that same "knowing" cannot be achieved, does it?.....let me ask you a question then, are you sure your statement is based on a "believe" or is it a "fact"?
Remember the coin analogy noted somewhere in this thread, one can never see both sides at once.....so, even though you can see heads, does that really mean there is no tails?

Shakone said:
So you say you know things about price. For what period of time. 5 mins? An hour? A day?

If you know over that time period, then you know the high and low over that time period, right? So just state what the high and low will be over a time period, and do it 10-15 times to demonstrate, and then it will be clear. Looking forward to it

Yes, if someone asked and it is then given thereafter, even if it is given, it will not be understood and comprehended because one is not ready.....it is not going to happen.....it is like trying to tell someone what this knowing is in poker and explain it to someone who does not play poker and does not believe there is such a thing, now the markets are even more complex.....so do you see where we are?.....this thread can go on for another 100 pages and I know that the message cannot be passed because the persons "ego" is not dissolved.

I would like to be on the right side as you described. I just need you to tell me the trade scenario that tells me that I know I am on the right side before I take the trade. This will be the third time I am asking you this question. You have so far avoided answering it.

Hi Brumby:
In all due respect, the questions you asked were in another thread which belongs to bbmac and I think we both know what happened there so we should at least respect that decision.....hope you understand the situation.
Now that you are here, I would refer you to my previous post to Shakone which should answer your question.

I don't play poker.

Hi bbmac:
Maybe you should try it and see that "knowing" for yourself rather then me trying to explain it to you.....you know how difficult it is in here!

If you do see it then it might just allow you to glimpse through what you thought was not possible.....no one can do it for you.....yet it is your choice and your alone.....the only person preventing one from seeing is themselves!

You have demonstrated no evidence of being right, or on the right side. Until these are proven, you are quite possibly wrong and therefore quite possibly off-topic. Since the market and those who can control the market are always right, you cannot be right because you are not the market nor can you control the market.

Hi BeginnerJoe, you see, I knew you were good, you do better when you put your mind to it, it is a pity you don't do this most of the time.....maybe you should.....at least you are asking the "right" questions.
You have raised some very interesting points:
Do you really think one needs to be the market to be right?
Do you really think one needs to control the market to be right?

Ask yourself the question, who created these illusions?

Hi Shakone:
Interesting when you say this, so I guess you play poker then, great, so you know exactly what am talking about here about "knowing".....yes!
Ok, you are correct that when poker and markets are compared together, trading is not so clear, it is because it is a lot more complex, more players.....agree? now that does not mean that same "knowing" cannot be achieved, does it?.....let me ask you a question then, are you sure your statement is based on a "believe" or is it a "fact"?
Remember the coin analogy noted somewhere in this thread, one can never see both sides at once.....so, even though you can see heads, does that really mean there is no tails?

Yes, if someone asked and it is then given thereafter, even if it is given, it will not be understood and comprehended because one is not ready.....it is not going to happen.....it is like trying to tell someone what this knowing is in poker and explain it to someone who does not play poker and does not believe there is such a thing, now the markets are even more complex.....so do you see where we are?.....this thread can go on for another 100 pages and I know that the message cannot be passed because the persons "ego" is not dissolved.

Yes I play poker. You can know that you won't lose because some hands are impossible to beat, even when not every card has been dealt. This is a fact not a belief. In trading there aren't a fixed set of cards, with fixed rules so that you can be certain.

So we can't assume that you can know in trading, and I believe that we can't know for sure. That is my belief, I don't claim it as fact. You have made the claim, so then you can demonstrate.

Hi Brumby:
In all due respect, the questions you asked were in another thread which belongs to bbmac and I think we both know what happened there so we should at least respect that decision.....hope you understand the situation.
Now that you are here, I would refer you to my previous post to Shakone which should answer your question.

Your whole premise is that in trading you can know you are right before you take the trade. Don't hide beind some nebulous abstract reasoning - just show us with one simple trade scenario. This is no different from the call of others - demonstrate it.

Your whole premise is that in trading you can know you are right before you take the trade. Don't hide beind some nebulous abstract reasoning - just show us with one simple trade scenario. This is no different from the call of others - demonstrate it.

Brumby

At an amateur/gambling level or t2w levels , you are correct and I agree with you.At a professional level you do it because you are going to be right , to understand this ,one has to know fundamentals driving the prices.Take a look at currency movements based on interest rates expectations , they have always moved in the right direction based only on fundamentals.Trading currency cross rates explains why.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/166670-8-methods-consistent-profitability.html

Yes I play poker. You can know that you won't lose because some hands are impossible to beat, even when not every card has been dealt. This is a fact not a belief. In trading there aren't a fixed set of cards, with fixed rules so that you can be certain.

So we can't assume that you can know in trading, and I believe that we can't know for sure. That is my belief, I don't claim it as fact. You have made the claim, so then you can demonstrate.

I was under the delusion of traders posting.:LOL:

We're still waiting for a demonstration of 'the knowing'. State the high and low over a time period please mr triggerfish

We're still waiting for a demonstration of 'the knowing'. State the high and low over a time period please mr triggerfish

Mr triggerfish is a pro , who trades fundamentals .His bet is

After Italian elections are over , Mr Right , will place long bets on eur/usd.He being right and betting on fundamentals like George Sorros.:LOL: