Bedtime Trader

Fermboy

Hi
I'm fairly new to this site and still finding my way around. I have searched diligently [I think] but cannot find any trace of a system, Bedtime Trader, being marketed through a publication Forex Round-Up. It involves trading at the close of US markets, by pre-programmed software analysis.
Anyone any info/experience of it please?

Last edited:
I was looking around for a review of this too - I found both the following useful (but neither have yet convinced me to purchase):

Bedtime Trader Review - Kevin and Janet Greenhall | Systems For Traders

Bedtime Trader Review | More Money Review - Annoyingly you have to register to read the review here

If anyone has bought this would appreciate any feedback here as I do like "Set time" systems (lazy yup!)
Thanks for this reply - most helpful. I read the 'Systems for Traders' review but not the second one as I could not be bothered to register....hence the search for an easy, automatic system!! I thought the review not all that impressive. I think it was written March this year which is a bit surprising. According to the publicity I received from Agora Lifestyles the package comes with software on a provided USB which I assume provides something like the 'indicator' developed and referred to in the review. I look forward to some comment from actual 'users'

Thanks for this reply - most helpful. I read the 'Systems for Traders' review but not the second one as I could not be bothered to register....hence the search for an easy, automatic system!! I thought the review not all that impressive. I think it was written March this year which is a bit surprising. According to the publicity I received from Agora Lifestyles the package comes with software on a provided USB which I assume provides something like the 'indicator' developed and referred to in the review. I look forward to some comment from actual 'users'

With my tactful hat on, I'll just say this:
System sellers primary MO is to sell systems.
If it works for more than 6-12 months I would be massively surprised.
There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
Learn to trade yourself and understand the process yourself.
That is crucial.
Then and only then, you may or may not be in a position to code
something yourself.
No it isn't easy, you may well be better off forgetting automation altogether.
There is no easy option.

I can guarantee you 2 things though:
1. No one will sell anything that works, they would make more trading it themselves.
2. I know you don't want to hear what I've just said.

You are welcome - My understanding is that when it was originally released it didn't come with the USB plugin and now it does - Anyway like you said - Any actual long term users comment would be good!

There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
That is crucial.
something yourself.
There is no easy option.

1. No one will sell anything that works, they would make more trading it themselves.
I totally accept what you say about 'automated' systems, but otherwise in my research I am currently testing out, Mark Austin's Footsie Magnet trading system, Excelsior which is an associated system applied to the Dow Index, and ForexJohn. I can honestly say that all three systems are making me money. At the moment whilst trialling the systems I am working on minimum stakes or thereabouts, probably until the end of this month. If the good results continue I shall increase my stakes to make better money. I would also add that Forex John aka My easy Forex Signals puts in an awful lot of work, offers Set and Forget which are a bit conservative, and live trades also based on very in depth analysis which with my inexperience I am having difficulty getting to grips with. John Piper is also launching a new gap=based trading system on the Dax which looks interesting. I am casting my net wide as they say.

There is no easy option.

Do yourself a favour.
That is crucial.
something yourself.
There is no easy option.

You give sound advice but you will not stop these guys seeking "systems" that give money for little effort. Sadly, they will learn the hard way that the only "system" is the one you devise yourself. But thats trading -you have the feeders (successful traders) and the food; losers like these guys.(n)

Thanks Fermboy - Am keeping an eye on the systemsfortraders journal on my easy forex signals before taking the free trial perhaps at the beginning of may just wanna see a little more independent results first, the skeptic in me!

Moneyweek own and run Agora lifestyles and also Fleet street publications

as much as I buy and enjoy the moneyweek comic most of their direct selling is Junk and the Systems they promote (in particular forex) are absolute Stinkers

Their Journalistic approach is to say the same thing until its eventually right about a market..........so 50% of the time they will always have one market they can claim they have called correctly .....currently they are boasting that the sell Yen and buy Nikkei calls are fantastic winners whilst going moderately quiet about buying Gold which was a dog call .............

i'm currently on about my 5th ban from posting at moneyweek after some innocent recent comments concerning the validity of this rediculous and persistent Buy Gold message....."hey its getting cheaper ?"...spare me !!

but I will stay on their back about all of this nonsence when allowed back in the room

stay away from all this garbage and walk your own path ...........

N

I totally accept what you say about 'automated' systems, but otherwise in my research I am currently testing out, Mark Austin's Footsie Magnet trading system, Excelsior which is an associated system applied to the Dow Index, and ForexJohn. I can honestly say that all three systems are making me money. At the moment whilst trialling the systems I am working on minimum stakes or thereabouts, probably until the end of this month. If the good results continue I shall increase my stakes to make better money. I would also add that Forex John aka My easy Forex Signals puts in an awful lot of work, offers Set and Forget which are a bit conservative, and live trades also based on very in depth analysis which with my inexperience I am having difficulty getting to grips with. John Piper is also launching a new gap=based trading system on the Dax which looks interesting. I am casting my net wide as they say.

all systems work well in trending markets ......test a system under flat / chop conditions and watch it go T*ts up ! :p

and jees dont they know it .......

watch the flood of Junk mail when a decent trend is in place .........but they clam up and quieten during chop conditions .........only to reinvent the same one again with a different name waiting for the next trend

its money for old rope from these marketeers......and has been a strategy used by every form of gambling scammer since gambling began

watch Darren Browns scam on horseracing for the ultimate form of scamming .......put enough predictions and systems out in the marketplace and one will win

N

heres a ditty received over the weekend for example

"Glenn, Help!!" writes one reader...

"Each time I look at one of the interesting opportunities Agora put forward," he goes on, "along comes another one... how can I tell which is the best... I obviously can't try them all... but would dearly like to try something!"

Here's the thing...

and then it continues for about 10 pages of absolute garbage....remember these guys sell Lifetime investment ideas and opportunities ......not just limited to Trading .............perhaps a little Internet markleting interests you .......or Property ? ............or publishing e-books ?.....or a few horseracing tips ?...or a little wine investment ?

the list is endless.......and junk !

I have seen just about every scam in the business since being brought up in the 1960's and have been invited to run quite a few as well......(I never have - honest !)

If I could say 1 thing to everyone its this ............dont do it.......whatever it is.......dont do it ..............research for yourself and learn everything about that market and industry ............sure pay money for information but make it relevent and useful research and then go ahead if you are interested

Save your money - please !....or at least publish the idea here and we can examine it and see what its about .............mr Boyle is our watchdog and guru here at T2W

later
N

Never heard of Bedtime Trader, but I am interested in end-of-day systems that are 100% computer controlled. Let's me live my life!! :D

Hi
I'm fairly new to this site and still finding my way around. I have searched diligently [I think] but cannot find any trace of a system, Bedtime Trader, being marketed through a publication Forex Round-Up. It involves trading at the close of US markets, by pre-programmed software analysis.
Anyone any info/experience of it please?

dont get to hung up on anything from forex round up please :cool: ...........its all pretty entry level vendor nonsence that works in trending situations (like everything else does)

design and build your own systems dude.......you dont need that nonsence :smart:

N

sorry i've just seen I was here onthis thread before ............well at least I am saying the same thing .......its all nonsence !!!

N

sorry i've just seen I was here onthis thread before ............well at least I am saying the same thing .......its all nonsence !!!

N

What's nonsense - Plug a dongle into your computer and it makes £1,000's a week - Come on that's not nonsense is it - LOL !

Perhaps it can even make £1,000 a year on a £5,000 account - Those boys in the city must be useless compared to this dongle !

If anyone finds the holy grail of trading systems they aren't going to tell the rest and get it watered down to nothing - are they ?

Having tested MT4 systems up to page 8 I can confirm that most of them don't make trades . I expect at least 1 trade per 1/2 day on the 20 forex pairs I test them on at different TFs

As a long time lurker on these boards, trying to soak up some knowledge whilst at the same time trying to wade through the BS and ignore the general nastiness on here!

Bedtime trader is another over hyped, over marketed effort from the Agora/Money Week stable. It's portrayed as some 50+, Mr and Mrs with nothing better to do than figure out MT4 coding!? effort to assist the masses.

As one of many searching for the promised land of the ultimate system that allows me to give up my day job and spend more time enjoying my free time, I decided to give it a go on the basis that I could get my £350 back if it hadn't made me money within 60 days.

Firstly, the guarantee was genuine and as it didn't work for me I was refunded in full. I was also refunded by GKFX (recommended kick back partner) for the total amount I lost whilst trialing the system.

Now the interesting part. Other than the fact that if you search on LinkedIn for the simple Engineer called Kevin that created the system, you end up with a profile of a person who seems, shall I say, far more comfortable being part of a software trading house, the system is actually more miss than hit.

The system works on the basis of scanning 100+ Forex pairs, looking for Doji candles on a 1 day time period. If the automated system detects a Doji (Dargonfly/Gravestone) you are alerted to the fact so you can place your bet.

The limitation for me was the frequency and the spread of the platform. (and my personality!)

I thought that the indication part of the system worked reasonably well (2/3 chance) WHEN indicatedl. The problem being that if the system triggers a signal because the (making this bit up) Chilean "what not" moves against the Albanian "thingy" by 100 pips but the spread from GKFX is 50 pips, you can be right but still lose money!

And that was part of the problem, the indications were few and far between, and the ones that were indicated had enormous spreads.

Let me be clear, I lost most of my money chasing Cable in the wrong direction (on the basis of Moneyweek advice!) independently of what the system told me to do. This only goes to prove that if you have a trading bias you might as well give your money to a charity of your choosing. But regardless, the system doesn't have the frequency or a close enough spread to make good money on a consistent basis.

As another tool to add to the arsenal drumming up pips from time to time, I think it useful. As a dream ticket to the rich life, absolutely not.

If anyone finds the holy grail of trading systems they aren't going to tell the rest and get it watered down to nothing - are they ?

Having tested MT4 systems up to page 8 I can confirm that most of them don't make trades . I expect at least 1 trade per 1/2 day on the 20 forex pairs I test them on at different TFs

In all fairness I think I should amend the above by saying I may have made some mistake downloading the MT4 EAs and only got the shell of it and lost the meat somewhere along the downloading process. It showed up in navigator ok but as stated lacking its main ingredients. Perhaps someone can tell me why ?

As a long time lurker on these boards, trying to soak up some knowledge whilst at the same time trying to wade through the BS and ignore the general nastiness on here!

Bedtime trader is another over hyped, over marketed effort from the Agora/Money Week stable. It's portrayed as some 50+, Mr and Mrs with nothing better to do than figure out MT4 coding!? effort to assist the masses.

As one of many searching for the promised land of the ultimate system that allows me to give up my day job and spend more time enjoying my free time, I decided to give it a go on the basis that I could get my £350 back if it hadn't made me money within 60 days.

Firstly, the guarantee was genuine and as it didn't work for me I was refunded in full. I was also refunded by GKFX (recommended kick back partner) for the total amount I lost whilst trialing the system.

Now the interesting part. Other than the fact that if you search on LinkedIn for the simple Engineer called Kevin that created the system, you end up with a profile of a person who seems, shall I say, far more comfortable being part of a software trading house, the system is actually more miss than hit.

The system works on the basis of scanning 100+ Forex pairs, looking for Doji candles on a 1 day time period. If the automated system detects a Doji (Dargonfly/Gravestone) you are alerted to the fact so you can place your bet.

The limitation for me was the frequency and the spread of the platform. (and my personality!)

I thought that the indication part of the system worked reasonably well (2/3 chance) WHEN indicatedl. The problem being that if the system triggers a signal because the (making this bit up) Chilean "what not" moves against the Albanian "thingy" by 100 pips but the spread from GKFX is 50 pips, you can be right but still lose money!

And that was part of the problem, the indications were few and far between, and the ones that were indicated had enormous spreads.

Let me be clear, I lost most of my money chasing Cable in the wrong direction (on the basis of Moneyweek advice!) independently of what the system told me to do. This only goes to prove that if you have a trading bias you might as well give your money to a charity of your choosing. But regardless, the system doesn't have the frequency or a close enough spread to make good money on a consistent basis.

As another tool to add to the arsenal drumming up pips from time to time, I think it useful. As a dream ticket to the rich life, absolutely not.

An excellent post and a much better strategy based on Pin bars and Engulfing candles (and a better entry strategy) is the free Price Action Swing Trading Strategy (PAST) - http://forexuseful.com/product/price-action-swing-trading-past-strategy-ebook - And also it's a strategy by a trader who actually trades and provides updates in the weekly newsletter and in a forum (not this one so I will not provide a link)