Beckham Finally leaves

Jack o'Clubs said:
Yep, but in 10 years time it'll be David who? Whereas Hurst, the Moores, Charlton and the other boys of '66 will be remembered forever, since they actually won something. Money can't buy you that !

There was a great interview on the radio last night that went something like this:
Serious Radio 4 Interviewer: Are you looking forward to the Beckhams arriving in Los Angeles?
Hello Magazine's LA Correspondent (yes, really): Er, yes - but that's mainly because I work for a British magazine.
Interviewer: So the American paparazzi won't be following Victoria whenever she pops out to the shops?
Hello person: I doubt it. We have real celebrities over here, remember.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Having said that Jack .....and everyone else CNN are now as I type screening a press conference LIVE to announce the "Beckham deal" .... it seems a bit surreal!

karmit said:
yes.. Beckham is only good for selling t-shirts... useless footballer

Not fair. Beckham made Manchester United, Real Madrid and England. They are facts. If he hadn't been taken out of England and Capello (overrated manager) hadn't sidelined him in Madrid, he wouldn't be going to the States. The women love him and he does sell a lot of shirts, though!!

Split

Splitlink said:
Not fair. Beckham made Manchester United, Real Madrid and England. They are facts. If he hadn't been taken out of England and Capello (overrated manager) hadn't sidelined him in Madrid, he wouldn't be going to the States. The women love him and he does sell a lot of shirts, though!!

Split

consistency is the name of the game... any game.

he's a useless footballer... no one wants him (i.e clubs which play properly)

hopefully he might be a good trainer... that we'll see.

karmit said:
consistency is the name of the game... any game.

he's a useless footballer... no one wants him (i.e clubs which play properly)

hopefully he might be a good trainer... that we'll see.

Come on guys - he's showed (in the past) he can play football even though he's now in decline... He's now a full time businessman is that so bad ? ;)

Hook Shot said:
Come on guys - he's showed (in the past) he can play football even though he's now in decline... He's now a full time businessman is that so bad ? ;)

With that income he's more than a businessman--he's an industry. If he is in decline, he recognises the fact!

Split

Hook Shot said:
Point well made :D

Hey, isn't there a fairly well known club up around your way? :) I'm Barça, myself. They are playing Español tonight.

Split

Splitlink said:
Hey, isn't there a fairly well known club up around your way? :) I'm Barça, myself. They are playing Español tonight.

Split

No not that well known.... there some people deep in the amazon jungle who still haven't heard of them - I blame the marketing people :D

Come on you REDS!

Hook Shot said:
No not that well known.... there some people deep in the amazon jungle who still haven't heard of them - I blame the marketing people :D

Come on you REDS!

I guess Beckham took them with him. The same will happen to Real Madrid!

karmit said:
yes.. Beckham is only good for selling t-shirts... useless footballer

And a Good Sport

When Beckham was playing for Man U. he was on his way to Old Trafford one morning, in his Porsche, when he had to stop by a hole in tne road, as the lights were against him.

Looking over to the hole he saw a chap using a Thermos flask.

"What's that you have got there?," he asked.

"A Thermos flask" replied the guy, "it's for keeping things in, hot and cold."

"Where did you get it?", asked Becks.

"In the Boots shop over there" said the guy, pointing to the other side of the road.

Becks went over and bought one.

In the dressing room later, Ferguson saw him with the flask.
"What you got there David?" Fergie asked.

"A Thermos flask" answered David.
"What's it for?, asked Fergie.

"It's for keeping things hot and cold" the star replied.

"What you got in it?, asked Fergie.

"Oh!not much", replied Becks, "Just some hot coffee and two choc ices".

And,....

CJIA said:
And a Good Sport

When Beckham was playing for Man U. he was on his way to Old Trafford one morning, in his Porsche, when he had to stop by a hole in tne road, as the lights were against him.

Looking over to the hole he saw a chap using a Thermos flask.

"What's that you have got there?," he asked.

"A Thermos flask" replied the guy, "it's for keeping things in, hot and cold."

"Where did you get it?", asked Becks.

"In the Boots shop over there" said the guy, pointing to the other side of the road.

Becks went over and bought one.

In the dressing room later, Ferguson saw him with the flask.
"What you got there David?" Fergie asked.

"A Thermos flask" answered David.
"What's it for?, asked Fergie.

"It's for keeping things hot and cold" the star replied.

"What you got in it?, asked Fergie.

"Oh!not much", replied Becks, "Just some hot coffee and two choc ices".

And,....

No Need....No Need!
But funny as hell :LOL: :LOL: