BCG Partners Interview

Dante26

Hi Guys,

Hoping for abit of advice of any of you have some.

I have a 'chat' with BCG Partners about a Junior Broker role. Im not sure which product it will be, the receptionist mentioned 'commodities but there are other desks looking'.

I know IDB's are in the business of 'selling yourself', so I have to be out-going/charming etc. But if anyone has any tips, insights, experiences etc that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

I worked at cantor index which is part of the same company. The BCG trading floor (downstairs) was literally a jungle! Full of essex sales monkeys!

BCG is an injection. I'd say getting their name correct at interview would be a good start.

If they say 'can you drink?', make sure that you paint a picture of being practically a funtional aclcoholic.

If you get the job, make sure you can actually drink 10 pints like it was ribena - every night of the week. Nothing worse/funny than having the new graduate paraletic and pi5sing himself infornt of clients.

lol, yeah I remember when I had my bcg at school, I'll remember that.

I thought IDB's were going away from that traditional barrow-boy image? And also to have long-term success you need to know your market and add-value to the clever IB trader?

Also surely when IDB's go out they are usually entertaining clients and therefore have to have a certain level of professionalism? And how often are clients entertained? 4 lunches and 3 dinners a week?

Anyone know a 'day-in-the-life' of an IDB? There really isnt as much info on the net about them as other roles in the city?

Thanks

lol, ok I get it... Ive also read that traders tend to 'look down' on idb's as they perceive themselves as cleverer and taking risk....but thats just what Ive read..

So how do traders distinguish which idb to use then? Purely who they have more fun with?

Oh yes, will ask for a tour of the trading floor to get a feel for it.