BBC Iplayer glitches??

trendie

Legendary member
have tried to listen to a couple of shows this morning, and there appear to be glitches in the shows.
they manifest as "gaps" in sound, sometimes lasting a couple of seconds, ie, silence.
sometimes, they seem to "skip" forward a few seconds as well. (different to above, as if I rewind back, it will then play fine)

If I listen online I get the problem.
If I download the program, and listen to it from my PC I still get the problem.
Hence I believe it isnt my PC or connection speeds, or anything like that.

The two programs I am getting the problem with are:
(BBC, select Radio, select "Comedy and Quizzes")

Heresy
Rigor Mortis

anyone experience similar probs? really frustrating, as its my one method of passing time between trades.
thanks

have tried to listen to a couple of shows this morning, and there appear to be glitches in the shows.
they manifest as "gaps" in sound, sometimes lasting a couple of seconds, ie, silence.
sometimes, they seem to "skip" forward a few seconds as well. (different to above, as if I rewind back, it will then play fine)

If I listen online I get the problem.
If I download the program, and listen to it from my PC I still get the problem.
Hence I believe it isnt my PC or connection speeds, or anything like that.

The two programs I am getting the problem with are:
(BBC, select Radio, select "Comedy and Quizzes")

Heresy
Rigor Mortis

anyone experience similar probs? really frustrating, as its my one method of passing time between trades.
thanks

It's the BBC - they sometimes screw-up these recordings. I've got same symptoms as you listening to "Heresy". It's ok live now - the Archers [couldn't stand more than 15 secs - so don't know if it's a long term problem!]

anyone else having probs with BBC Iplayer?

I cant access Never Mind the Buzzcocks or Laura Solon!

I can get to the program page, but no button to click to view/hear the program!
actually, its every single program that has this prob.

Have I corrupted my Iplayer app, or is everyone in same boat?

Are you using a PC or a MAC....It works fine with my MAc...used to have problems in PC...but I don't use PC now....Mac is probably the best one to use....

Uninstall and clear registry and reinstall whole thing again...back up all files before though...

All iphones and ipods sync fine.....

DOH! cleared cache and cookies, and all seems ok!

weird it should happen at all, as I havent downloaded any new software for ages, or changed any settings.

thanks zambuck.

Are you using a PC or a MAC....It works fine with my MAc...used to have problems in PC...but I don't use PC now....Mac is probably the best one to use....

Uninstall and clear registry and reinstall whole thing again...back up all files before though...

All iphones and ipods sync fine.....

Oh these cooler than thou MAC users! :LOL: