Barclays?????

Well Im in on Barclays today priced at 323.

I know this may well not be the bottom just yet, but Im willing to buy at this price and wait it out if need be.

hey Dan (I assume this is your name) .. still waiting ??? :confused:

I am getting the feeling we might at last have a bit of resistance around 300... but I have been wrong before...just look at my previous posts... :LOL:

Seriously though we are now at the 10 year low and last yesterdays Close was bang on my long term line ... I reckon of this level breaks its curtains for Barclays ...

better Q up to get me savings out :LOL:

hey Dan (I assume this is your name) .. still waiting ??? :confused:

I am getting the feeling we might at last have a bit of resistance around 300... but I have been wrong before...just look at my previous posts... :LOL:

Seriously though we are now at the 10 year low and last yesterdays Close was bang on my long term line ... I reckon of this level breaks its curtains for Barclays ...

better Q up to get me savings out :LOL:

Yep still hanging on in there,

Its impossible trying to find the rock bottom all the time and by doing so you can miss out all together

I still feel I purchased Brclays at a good price and im in no rush to get out. I will just have to be patient and wait for the inevitable, with prices being this low you have just got to take advantage

Yep still hanging on in there,

Its impossible trying to find the rock bottom all the time and by doing so you can miss out all together

I still feel I purchased Brclays at a good price and im in no rush to get out. I will just have to be patient and wait for the inevitable, with prices being this low you have just got to take advantage

yes mate agreed... but i wouldnt say its "inevitable" :(

I know someone who is sitting on these stocks at just over 700p !! he says its inevitable as well (and its not me by the way... ha ha ha)

looking at closing price today.. perhaps this historic low might just hold... I am gonna take some convincing given the general outlook at the moment...

Things generally seem look to be getting worse for banks... they are all on very dodgy ground...

but I hope it works out for you... ;)

Hang on a while.. Barclays and Lloyds are soon going to be taken over by some oil rich "sheikh-fund" ;-)

btw.. what is "yellow snow" ?

there's a bit more...
395/397 is half the all time highs - often significant line in the sand. We have not really ripped it out yet so whilst I'd like to see nearer 300 for long term upwave ..... that move down might be postponed.... I'm not good on short term stuff here so I defer to Fibo (audere et...) & James Bond :LOL:

As it happens Royal Bank is near 10year lows ......... and roughly 1/3 of its all time highs...
Anthony Bolton (legendary fund manager) recently mentioned he increasingly favours financials over commodity stox...

Trading is one thing but It's difficult to see how "investors" cannot make a bundle in bank stox. In the next upwave they should double easily. Patience should be rewarded.

Edit : let me make that rise by over 50% getting a bit carried away for a minute

Well barclays and rbs have bounced close to 50%.....:p

yeah... it went down further than I thought it would... could still collapse again,, I am still not convinced with the UK BANKS...

barclays has followed a pretty narrow trading range for qiute some time now.. be interesting to see if a break is gonna happen over the next few months..

yeah... it went down further than I thought it would... could still collapse again,, I am still not convinced with the UK BANKS...

barclays has followed a pretty narrow trading range for qiute some time now.. be interesting to see if a break is gonna happen over the next few months..

Nice rise upto the 50% lvel today for Barc, further strength above 360 (massive natural number) could see it rise to 398, any weakness from here should see it push down further to 200ish.

Interesting to look back over what was said justa few months ago... I reckon this could actually be the bottom for Barclays today... I bought at 58p last week, and some more today at 80p

as i write we are going through 90p.... Like a rocket.....

Of course tomorrow's another day right.... lol

yer i think short on this rally until government rebans shorting

I would be careful shorting from here... The update from Barclays yesterday was pretty convincing... But I suppose the proof is in the pudding, if there is longer term profitablity and the writedowns eventually slow down then Barclays could clean up...

But I am often wrong... :LOL:

i think that balance sheets and fundamental reassurance means nothing at the moment. i think the hedge fund managers are making up for 4 or so months of not being able to short. i think todays mini "rally" is nothing

Got this one right: in at 64ish Friday, out at 94 today (missed the best). Pure luck. Oh sorry, pure skill, there's no such thing as luck!

Got this one right: in at 64ish Friday, out at 94 today (missed the best). Pure luck. Oh sorry, pure skill, there's no such thing as luck!

Yep its been a pretty sharp jump... nice little bunce for you I hope... :clap:

Still looked like there is reasonable support yesterday, But I would say its purely a Punt...

(n)(y) :?:

barclays and lloyds seem to be sleeping in the same bed, it's irritating to see them go up together and down together. If you're watching Barclays, keep an eye on EME, barclays fluctuation may have an effect.

Putting this back out just as an indicator really.. EOD friday 173.80

The volatility has been quite something to behold... I am still holding, but am currently considering a PUT to hedge the positions against the downside risk from here..