Banned

Don't be soft!

You obveously didn't see some of the filth posted by the "lulz" brigade, they knew what they were doing and more of them were very lucky they didn't get banned along with wasp and Phil I suspect.

That sounds like a dare to post that chicken pic again to me!

I don't even remember posting a diseased picture any more!

I will have to look through my hard drive to find it now...

They always lurk, skulking in the shadows, unaware that we watch them, waiting for a suitable moment to pounce!

spanish89 was booted out again only last week while reading the latest spanish thread, for that is all those threads are good for, a trap! :LOL:

Wow, I want power like that! Do I have to sign my soul over to the devil to get it?:eek:

Wow, I want power like that! Do I have to sign my soul over to the devil to get it?:eek:

lol no power at all, it all comes with the baggage of having to deal with the trolls and spammers, day in day out, all for nowt, theres no glory in this task, thats for sure :(

but somebody has to do it, are you up for it?

I'll do it...
And I can't be bought.
Well not for less than seven figures these days.
So how much time every day do you spend?

Plus to be fair Wasp and Killphil were following Jtraders lead in 'self banning'. The bottom line is they got bored of T2W and decided to do things that would be worthy of a ban. If they had posted all those daft spam pictures and HADN'T been banned the mods would have been slated for favouritism.
I know Chris was as concerned about quality levels as many of us, but I hardly think posting up what he did went any way to sensibly addressing that issue...unless he thought an overload of pointlessness would bring everyone to their senses.

It hasn't. We've still got an OoP, but at least it's condensed around just a couple of members and for this, you can rediscover the immediate and immense pleasure of 'ignore' (I'd quite forgotten that facility - cheers that man).

I don't think Chris thought for a second he would be helping. Nor phil. Hedonism (albeit, in a pretty nerdy, internet forum way, was the motive imho.

in other words - lulz

I don't think Chris thought for a second he would be helping. Nor phil. Hedonism (albeit, in a pretty nerdy, internet forum way, was the motive imho.

in other words - lulz

:smart:

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll who, like many people I contacted, refused to disclose his legal identity.

"We've still got an OoP, but at least it's condensed around just a couple of members and for this, you can rediscover the immediate and immense pleasure of 'ignore' (I'd quite forgotten that facility - cheers that man)."

Sorry to display my ignorance, but what's an "OoP"?

Having put AM and HT on ignore, I suddenly find threads which are no longer vandalised; a really liberating and exhilarating experience; a little like a graffiti-ridden town centre being cleaned up.
Richard

And what usually happens to these graffiti-free towns in the end Richard?

Sorry for being gloomy, but I think the analogy's actually pretty good

GJ

p.s. I searched google to find out what OoP stood for and I can't find it. Did however finally figure out what Wasp means when he uses the abbreviation 'FTW'. Think it means 'for those wondering', although I had always assumed he was saying 'F**k the world' ;)

OoP = Overload of prats? Just a thought

1)

I know Chris was as concerned about quality levels as many of us, but I hardly think posting up what he did went any way to sensibly addressing that issue...unless he thought an overload of pointlessness would bring everyone to their senses.

It hasn't. We've still got an OoP, but at least it's condensed around just a couple of members and for this, you can rediscover the immediate and immense pleasure of 'ignore' (I'd quite forgotten that facility - cheers that man).

Please read the post again properly gentlemen :smart: