ezrydn

I followed the 400x400px and the 488Kb size requirements noted on the settings page and it won't upload. So, what's the secret that the settings page don't tell you?

The image for your Avatar should be "85 by 85 pixels or 48.8 KB " - note that this is different from the image for your account,

best wishes,

Jon.

I followed the 400x400px and the 488Kb size requirements noted on the settings page and it won't upload. So, what's the secret that the settings page don't tell you?

Hi ezrydn,
Could you provide a link to the page you're referring to please - as it's clearly out of date. Apologies for that! As Jon (above) rightly says - you need to massively reduce the file size to 48.8KB or less (or 100 x 100 pixels) - not 488KB!
Cheers,
Tim.

Hi ezrydn,
Could you provide a link to the page you're referring to please - as it's clearly out of date. Apologies for that! As Jon (above) rightly says - you need to massively reduce the file size to 48.8KB or less (or 100 x 100 pixels) - not 488KB!
Cheers,
Tim.

Read it. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editprofilepic
There's no mention of a smaller size there. I just set the new size. It's a jpg. Not there, is it? So?

Read it. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editprofilepic
There's no mention of a smaller size there. I just set the new size. It's a jpg. Not there, is it? So?
Hi ezrydn,
Okay, I think I can see where the confusion has arisen. Profile pictures are small pictures of yourself, which are displayed within your user profile and the maximum size of your custom image is 400 by 400 pixels or 488.3 KB - whichever is smaller. (This is what you've linked to and shows a pic' of my ugly mug.) Avatars on the other hand are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post (the Zebra fish in my case) and the maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 48.8 KB - whichever is smaller. I hope that's now clear!
Tim.