Automated trading

trendspotter

25 0
I'm thinking of putting together an automated trading system using a DDE feed into Excel and somehow linking it to myJPAT futures trading software through GNI. I'll be using EMA crossovers and other simple decision calculations to generate buy/sell signals. Does any body have any experience of this or other ideas?

Henry

177 2
I do automated trading with IB, but don't know anything about GNI. Getting the automation done is the easy bit, the trouble I have is in finding a mechanical trading system that works reliably. Have you backtested your crossover system with a reasonable amount of data?

H.

oatman

2,879 22
Trendspotter,

I'll be interested if you can get into J-Trader. I was wondering if there was a way to utilise their prices but I reckon you'll have a problem getting past their security. If you could access their prices then, surely you could get into the trading system.
I use P&F 3x3 and 2.5x3 to generate signals on Ftse Future. Also I use 21 and 55 Indexia MAs on a 1min. They might help you in.

Good luck,

trendspotter

25 0
I have used Metastock end of day backtesting but not yet tried their intraday software for backtesting. I've been experimenting with 5/15 ema's which has looked quite good apart from the usual problems in a sideways trend. I've heard of IB but don't know who they are. Is it easy to set up an automated trading system with them? I used a feed and charts from ird.com who seem to be pretty good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock