Automated Trading alternatives

TWI

I have just about had it with TS brokerage. Came in this morning to find unexecuted orders. For some unknown reason my account was locked saying there was a margin call despite no open positions and more than adequate capital.second time I have had issue with these guys now and each has cost me money.
As a result I am looking for alternatives. Has anybody on this forum successfully set up an automated system via a broker/clearer other than TS. Ideally I want to continue using TS8 or 2000i. If so please can you advise me where to look or who I need to contact.
Ideally I am looking for a business who also have offices in Europe.
Thanks

You could integrate TS2000i with Interactive Brokers using an addon tool.

JonnyT

i think tradebolt, or you could try gni/man i think they will take a black box model into there front end and work it for you

i think they will take a black box model into there front end and work it for you

Yes, everyone seems to be doing this.
"just give us your profitable trading model and we will trade it for you for free".

What thoroughly nice people; they must think we are all complete muppets!

There is a directory of trading automation software and brokers on my website
www.tradingmachines.net

Last edited:
jmr,
Thank you for the link. Like it.
Do you have a preference regarding how you approach automation?
What would be your advice regarding using Tradestation for automation?
Are any of the other products on your list that you consider far better than TS for producing systems without having to be a C#/C++ expert?
Thanks for any advice,

Do you have a preference regarding how you approach automation?
Yes, code it all from scratch in C++ or C#.

What would be your advice regarding using Tradestation for automation?
Don't.

Are any of the other products on your list that you consider far better than TS for producing systems without having to be a C#/C++ expert?
There are a number of other products and testing platforms in the directory that require varying
levels of coding skills. You will need to go through and determine which is most suitable for your application. I think Quantstudio is probably one of the best but will require C# coding skills.

Like your reply regarding TS, after my experience, I have to say, I can only really come to the same conclusion.
Seems I will need to make more time to improve my C# then. I feared this would be the case.

I couldn't comment on TS brokerage but my main problem with TS is that is was not designed
from scratch as a trading automation platform and in my opinion, doesn't really do the job as it needs to be done.

twalker said:
Like your reply regarding TS, after my experience, I have to say, I can only really come to the same conclusion.
Seems I will need to make more time to improve my C# then. I feared this would be the case.

rather than spending your time improving and developing in C# why dont you outsource the work? i.e. if your time is better spent in trading then surley this is what you should do? could put you in touch with a consultant for a quote if you like.

jkl - I do not like to out-source black box work as anybody else is not going to be putting their money on the line with it, like I do. Also I carry out continuous R&D so it is important to be flexible and understand exactly how to alter every aspect of the code. Also prefer to keep my methods to myself as they have taken many years to develop and I am fairly paranoid. Thanks fo the offer however.

twalker said:
jkl - I do not like to out-source black box work as anybody else is not going to be putting their money on the line with it, like I do. Also I carry out continuous R&D so it is important to be flexible and understand exactly how to alter every aspect of the code. Also prefer to keep my methods to myself as they have taken many years to develop and I am fairly paranoid. Thanks fo the offer however.

Hi Twalker sorry to be a pain R&D? what is this an abereviation for?
is your automation on stir rate markets?

Jimmy,
I have automated Stir through TT autotrader and Excel VBA but I only use it for Eurex and CME not Liffe, I do tht bit manually.
It is all other futures FX/Commods and Indices that I have fully automated.

jmreeve said:
Yes, everyone seems to be doing this.
"just give us your profitable trading model and we will trade it for you for free".

What thoroughly nice people; they must think we are all complete muppets!

There is a directory of trading automation software and brokers on my website
www.tradingmachines.net

Good website, thanks - Joe