Tradstation 2000i Questions

No I dont get this error because I use Hyperserver and that is why others who dont use hyperserver do get it.

Paul

ptcm said:
Thanks mokwit,

After I have the Global Server connected and in fact, started receiving data.

Under "quote receive": this number is constantly going up ...285..291...

But when I tried to insert this symbol in a brandnew workspace in TradeStation, I recevied an error message saying "no data available for the selected date range"

IB's TWS + MetaServer + Global Server are all connected.....

Has anyone encountered this problem before ? thanks a lot in advance....

I also am getting the same message "no data available for the selected date range"
I am running TWS -Metaserver -2000i and experiencing no problem with the ES symbol but
when I tried downloading forex data eg.USD/GBP I am not able to get a chart up. Metaserver is indicating that data is being received. Likewise Globalserver is receiving Quotes received and Quotes processed however when I edit symbol and load data there is nothing there. It is driving me nuts.

terrisan said:
I also am getting the same message "no data available for the selected date range"
I am running TWS -Metaserver -2000i and experiencing no problem with the ES symbol but
when I tried downloading forex data eg.USD/GBP I am not able to get a chart up. Metaserver is indicating that data is being received. Likewise Globalserver is receiving Quotes received and Quotes processed however when I edit symbol and load data there is nothing there. It is driving me nuts.

Paul and Terisan,

I contacted the guy at MetaServer. The following is his response to the "no data ava... error message"

"It is the real reason of message.

1) The data should be already collected in GlobalServer
2) The collected data should be inside of trading session defined in GlobalServer for symbol
3) Regarding to the message you got when you import XPO file, this message means that GlobalServer has not Subserver installed with data feed ID stored in your XPO file.

You get No data available for selected range for 1 Day chart of MSFT. Activate GlobalServer, double click on MSFT. Select Edit data page. Select Trade record 1 day. Select date range and click on Load button. Check if there is any data. If data are there - MetaServer did its job.

Also the problem could be when you try to plot chart in your Local time zone. If so, try to plot chart in Exchange zone.

Best regards,
Andrew Nazarov
"

This guy, Andrew insisted that I did not receive enough data to plot the chart.

The fact of matter is it only takes 4 data points to plot a price bar. There's no need to collect to receive a huge amount of data first.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tradestation03/detail?.dir=489f&.dnm=6ca9scd.jpg&.src=ph

terrisan,

When you say it works with ES Symbol, which market is that ? coz I'm testing with their demo version. The data is not real "real-time." I am not sure if there's the primary reason of the error message.

Specifically, I am interested in these two symbols

HHI.HK
HSI

Do you think it will work for these 2 futures markets ? many thanks....... I will post the solution here once I found out what happpens.

ptcm said:
This guy, Andrew insisted that I did not receive enough data to plot the chart.

The fact of matter is it only takes 4 data points to plot a price bar. There's no need to collect to receive a huge amount of data first.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tradestation03/detail?.dir=489f&.dnm=6ca9scd.jpg&.src=ph

terrisan,

When you say it works with ES Symbol, which market is that ? coz I'm testing with their demo version. The data is not real "real-time." I am not sure if there's the primary reason of the error message.

Specifically, I am interested in these two symbols

HHI.HK
HSI

Do you think it will work for these 2 futures markets ? many thanks....... I will post the solution here once I found out what happpens.

ES is the symbol for the e-mini S&P 500 Futures. The current symbol for the June contract
is ESM6. The 2 symbols that you are interested in are Hong Kong futures and to download
data from IB you will need to subscribe to that service with IB. I see no reason why you should not be able access the data. Contact IB live.

terrisan said:
ES is the symbol for the e-mini S&P 500 Futures. The current symbol for the June contract
is ESM6. The 2 symbols that you are interested in are Hong Kong futures and to download
data from IB you will need to subscribe to that service with IB. I see no reason why you should not be able access the data. Contact IB live.

so did you only have problem with stock symbol, such as MSFT. no problem at with futures symbol ?

ptcm said:
so did you only have problem with stock symbol, such as MSFT. no problem at with futures symbol ?
No problem with future contracts, never tried stock symbols.
Problem with currencies.

terrisan said:
No problem with future contracts, never tried stock symbols.
Problem with currencies.

terrisan,

in currencies, did you also get the "no data for the selected data range" error message ?

I tried DAX today. I got this same error message. not sure if it's because the TWS is the demo version ?

Paul and terrisan,

I finally figured out why that error message came up on my TradeStation.

"Greenwich Mean Time"

could anyone point me in the right direction,i,m looking for a program/platform that has a search engine,would like something that will give me gap up/down in oversold/bought and volume,is there such a thing?and in a perfect world would like auto res/support lines.

Converting ELD's for 2000i

I am trying to write EL code to perform a task in 2000i using the GlobalVariable.DLL.

I have an ELD file which contains the code I need.

Does anyone know of a way in which the contents of an ELD can be read as text without having access to TS8?

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

LII

Trader333 said:
A general comment on TS2000 and that is to ensure that it continues to run fairly efficiently it is a good idea to do the following on a daily basis:

Go to GlobalServer and click on "Tools" then click on "Run Nightly Maintenance"

If you havent done this before then it can take quite a while to do so but once it has been done once it will be a fairly quick process if done daily afterwards. It works a little bit like defrag and helps keep the speed up as well as preventing data integrity issues.

Paul

Hi Paul
Also,if you change your registry you can display more options under the Nightly maintenance tab.
Cheers
paul

Zeos6,

Nice one, what changes to the registry are required and what options does it give that are not normally seen ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Zeos6,

Nice one, what changes to the registry are required and what options does it give that are not normally seen ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

The additional options under Maintenance in GS are:

Maintenance Services to Perform:
1. Flush Stored Quotes to the Database
2. Calculate Strike Prices and Implied Volatility
3. Archive Expired Symbols
4. Remove Old Data from the Database

The registry changes can be done while running GS.
Here is the way to do it.

1. In Windows XP, go to start.
2. click on run
3. type regedit then OK
4. Then go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OmegaResearch\Server\MAINT

On right hand pane click on ShowSettings file.
Then do File > Modify
It will show you a value 0. Change it to value 1.

Exit the windows registry and voila - it's done.
Paul

LevII said:
I am trying to write EL code to perform a task in 2000i using the GlobalVariable.DLL.

I have an ELD file which contains the code I need.

Does anyone know of a way in which the contents of an ELD can be read as text without having access to TS8?

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

LII
If its not top secret :eek: send me the ELD, if you want, and I'll ask a trader freind of mine to convert it.

Hi, is there any Tradestation "experts" here as I want to buy a copy of tradestation and would appreciate being able to ask novice type questions ..........Much appreciated pm if poss

wheezergeezer said:
Hi, is there any Tradestation "experts" here as I want to buy a copy of tradestation and would appreciate being able to ask novice type questions ..........Much appreciated pm if poss

Hi there,
I am sure there are lots of experts on Tradestation here. I have worked with it daily for several years - don't consider myself an expert but I know a few things. So ask away. I am sure people on these boards will be happy to help and advise. Good luck.
Cheers
Paul