Automated Forex Trading

damianoakley

Established member
I wonder if someone could offer some advice please.

I trade the major currencies intraday, making around 100+ trades a week. I am looking at ways of setting up an automated trading system to automatically track the markets, place trades and exits, etc.

At the moment, I know only of Tradestation that I could use to achieve this. With the volume of trades I make, I would probably be able to get the monthly fee waived.

Q1) What experiences have people had in setting up Tradestation to perform intraday automated trading?

Q2) Are there any other options available to me other than Tradestation? (I cannot program)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

cms-forex.com

They offer a platform called visual trader which might do the job. It allows automated trading through indicators etc

damian

you could use interactivebrokers.com and get someone else to do the VBA/API stuff

rog1111

damianoakley said:
I wonder if someone could offer some advice please.

I trade the major currencies intraday, making around 100+ trades a week. I am looking at ways of setting up an automated trading system to automatically track the markets, place trades and exits, etc.

At the moment, I know only of Tradestation that I could use to achieve this. With the volume of trades I make, I would probably be able to get the monthly fee waived.

Q1) What experiences have people had in setting up Tradestation to perform intraday automated trading?

Q2) Are there any other options available to me other than Tradestation? (I cannot program)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thank you all for the replies.

I have to say I'm leaning towards Tradestation.

Has anyone had any experience of setting up Tradestation to automatically trade for you. Can I set it to position size correctly, can I trust its reliability, can I trust it to be accurate with entries and exits, etc.

I would be grateful of any experiences of this that people could share.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I use TradeStation 7.2 to trade Future and it's reliable but I trade smaller positions than yours. Also, you can get some slippage on trading Futures but the rule is different for the FOREX as it's comission free and the number of pips is fixed on Stop Orders.

Please be aware that TradeStation 7.2 and 8 can't automate your trades yet. You can backtest and generate alerts within TradeStation but the placement of orders has to be done through a third party (r.J O'Brien, the broker) tool.

damien you need tradestation radarscreen , i just started with it , brilliant!!

Henry,

Which mkts are u trading using TS - and what the advantages pls ??

thanks
Al

trading fx at moment , excellent data and coverage , the only thing i really use though is the radarscreen but i don't think it has a competitor, as far as i know ( scans basic criteria across say 100 time frames on 10 fx mkts in real time/continuously