August '04 Forex Trading

shellshocked Dekoob?? did I miss something? :confused:

cable's trading in a support range (150/190) & a resist range of 240-290...I guess how you play the top & bottoms is down to your strat, as for where it's going?? dunno, don't care...just as long as it doesn't leave the northerly or southerly station without me! ;)

Gus
Interesting link... I like the Dow analysis as it pretty much falls in line with my view of where it wil lbe by the year end. Curently have a long term position on it from last year ;)

Regards
NB

Hi ChowClown

For July 03 backtesting 1-8 produced around 600 pips profit for GBP, Aug 03 was -70 ish. So I'm not so sure about sitting out the Summer for GBP, although EUR was -150 and +5 respectively.

rog1111

ChowClown said:
I think you're probably right neil, it seems to be a repeating pattern each year. It might be worthwhile not trading the BO strats during July/August.

...also some of the best trending periods (eg daily charts) seem to produce some bad theoretical drawdowns for BO systems. Volatility is higher and fixed stops get hit more easily.

rog1111

Hourly BO systems that is

rog1111

rog1111 said:
...also some of the best trending periods (eg daily charts) seem to produce some bad theoretical drawdowns for BO systems. Volatility is higher and fixed stops get hit more easily.

rog1111

Trying to provoke a reaction.

Buk said:
shellshocked Dekoob?? did I miss something? :confused:

cable's trading in a support range (150/190) & a resist range of 240-290...I guess how you play the top & bottoms is down to your strat, as for where it's going?? dunno, don't care...just as long as it doesn't leave the northerly or southerly station without me! ;)
Buk.

I was just fishing for input, well you must admit I did get a response.

thanks for the link Rog. It seems odd to see such a difference between Cable and Euro

Yes, it does seem odd, although stops for EUR were 60 pips vs 70 for GBP. Often one will make a 1-8 BO when the other doesn't (which might be worth studying further). A day by day comparison reveals quite different results, although the big days mostly seem to show up on both. I'll post the comparison when I get the chance, maybe just for a couple of months.

rog1111

robber said:
thanks for the link Rog. It seems odd to see such a difference between Cable and Euro

Gbpusd

Triangle (wedge) brewing for the past week on cable on the 1 hour . Spotted a Mini A&E too.

I am partial to a long.

Target: 1.85??

Attachments

• gbpusd.JPG
    gbpusd.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 237
fazalv

Looking at same thing but on the 4 hour chart. Would favour a move up. Waiting for NFP to trigger a BO.

NB

Attachments

• august-05-04_gbp_4hr.gif
    august-05-04_gbp_4hr.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 222
Scalping with Visualtrader

I am in good company NB...... ;)

With the lack of trends in the forex markets, I am looking at charting platforms for scalping.

Came across visualtrader, some of the signals look promising.

Attachments

• VT.JPG
    VT.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 265
Looks interesting, I tried th VT platform but i wasn't too keen on it. Went for GFT instead. They are a little bit ahead of the game for the charting. With VT if your line goes down you knackered as the orders aren't held on their servers (3ish months ago).

GFT had a more stable platform and other facilities which suited me personally.

I hope VT works for you :)

Regards
NB

ps check out the VT forum they have a lot of useful trading system information.

YEEEeehaaar!

I think we're goin' to need a bigger boat!

What a ride! Not far off target too.

Hope you all got some :)

Regards
NB

Attachments

• august-06-04_gbp_4hr1.gif
    august-06-04_gbp_4hr1.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 286
Newtron Bomb said:
YEEEeehaaar!

What a ride! Not far off target too.

Hope you all got some :)

Regards
NB

Yep!

I was a bit nervous about getting fills today at my desired stop levels but FXCM have filled my orders today with zero slippage.

Was whipped out initially from a short, but then got in a long and still riding the wave.

Like you say- Yeeeeehaaaaa! :LOL:

but FXCM have filled my orders today with zero slippage.

same here Darren, have yet to experience an ocurrance when they've failed to! (famous last words!!), unlike the 'slip' in the sb camps!! :cry:

just closed out my eur/usd trade at the high of the day.

net for today +175 pips.

If only every day could be like today.

Means I get to finish the week in profit too after getting chopped about most of the week.

Nice one Darren !

rog1111

darrenf said:
just closed out my eur/usd trade at the high of the day.

net for today +175 pips.

If only every day could be like today.

Means I get to finish the week in profit too after getting chopped about most of the week.