Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New To Forum - Have A Question?? Gold Stocks

Hello Fellow Traders, Here From Fla.
I Am Fairly New To Trading, .. Started Swing Trading And Some Day Trading.
I Know This Is Such A Volatile Market Right Now. Trying To Get A Feel On Gold Stocks. Past Trends Dictate That Gold Falls This Time Of Year And Generally Rallys After The 1st Of The Year. So Far That Holds True, With Economy In The Crapper, Gold Should Be Rising.
"gg" And Most Other Gold Stocks Have Tanked.
Anyone Feel This Area Is Headed To Rally?

Thanks,
Bigguy

TWS training

Does anyone know if there is any "training" on Trader Work Station? I have been on a Webinar but the lady who does the training flits from one thing to another I cant follow what on earth she is on about.....:innocent:

Norm ( Brisbane )

Bump My Gold Stocks - Gg Already Up

Hello Fellow Traders, Here From Fla.
I Am Fairly New To Trading, .. Started Swing Trading And Some Day Trading.
I Know This Is Such A Volatile Market Right Now. Trying To Get A Feel On Gold Stocks. Past Trends Dictate That Gold Falls This Time Of Year And Generally Rallys After The 1st Of The Year. So Far That Holds True, With Economy In The Crapper, Gold Should Be Rising.
"gg" And Most Other Gold Stocks Have Tanked.
Anyone Feel This Area Is Headed To Rally?

Thanks,
Bigguy

GO FIGURE. GG futures up already.

i want to short or go long on the dow intraday - but with cfd's rather than bets.

how do i go about doing it here?

Cheers

hi my name is felando i am new member to the site thanks for having me
what is your best trade at the moment to make my first £50.00 any tips out thier
lets share them
thanks for your time

hi my name is felando i am new member to the site thanks for having me
what is your best trade at the moment to make my first £50.00 any tips out thier
lets share them
thanks for your time
The yen against the dollar gonna fall to 80. But thats very longterm. Can be some corrective moves back towards 102.98. At least thats what it look like when i looked last time, yesterday.

what is the 10 best company at this time to spread bet on and your minum u would by a stake for on each company to gain
thanks felando

Predicting the dow

Is there a way to make money predicting which way the dow will close at end of day ?

Hi Guys, my name is Duncan, I've been trading stocks and equities for over two years and now I've started trading the FTSE 100 mini cash. I have good live trading software, but I was wondering, which is the most consistant time frame to choose when doing analysis? As a rule I trade with the trend using support and resistance confirming my trade with a Stochastic oscilator,MACD and RSI. If you have any good advice for me I would really appreciate it.

I sterling, I think there is on way of making money by predicting what the market will do. That's what we can't do, is predict.

But to answer your question, there are many options. Futures, options, and ETFS. The name of the ETF that tracks the Dow is DIA. If you think the dow will finish down, you can sell it short or buy a put contract, or opposite if you think up.

Reading and basic steps for a stater

I started reading about day trading a month back with a book named 'Mastering The Trade' by John F Carter and tutorial available at web site - Babypips.

The questions that pop up in my mind are -
- is there anything better available to read which can guide me into trading in a robust way
- how can start applying what I am reading
- do I need to contact a broker if yes then how do I choose a broker

My first inclination is to start in Forex market but I am a blank slate so please advise and help

- is there anything better available to read which can guide me into trading in a robust way
- how can start applying what I am reading
- do I need to contact a broker if yes then how do I choose a broker

My first inclination is to start in Forex market but I am a blank slate so please advise and help

Welcome t2wfreak and, indeed, all other new members who post on this thread.
Many of you ask questions such as those quoted above. They are perfectly reasonable questions, so you may be surprised and a little disappointed that you don't always get a swift and comprehensive reply. Why is this? The reason is very simple: 99% of questions posed by newbies have been asked 100 times before. So, before posting, please spend a little time reading the 'First Steps' forum and 'Trading FAQ' especially. Alternatively, there's the search facility which will throw up all kinds of gems hidden away in the bowels of the site. If, having done all the above, you're still none the wiser about which books to read - or how to start - or which broker to use - then by all means post specific questions and you'll get specific answers. Here's the link to the FAQ's to set you on your journey:
Trading FAQ - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums
Enjoy!
Tim.

@52aces

Whats so wrong in someone asking for free forex signs?
When I started learning forex with FXCM, omnce i opened my live account I use to buy free forex signs for $50 for every 100 pips. Now this is cheap and the quickest way how to learn, because once you receive them, you can analyse how did they reach entry, stop, and exit, not really like you pretend that people want to make money without effort, they could also lose money without effort.
Now I need not to get free signs as I do my own analyses, however i do send some signals to some of my friends and yes I do not charge.

FTSe points

Hi What does the FTSE points mean ie each morning it opened at 4044 points? and how is this calculated?

Thanks

Hi What does the FTSE points mean ie each morning it opened at 4044 points? and how is this calculated?
Hi Andyb08,
The FTSE 100 opens and closes each day at a specific price, but the two prices are rarely the same. The difference reflects the events overnight (e.g economic releases, bank failures, Posh 'n' Beck's going to live in Rome etc.) that would have moved the markets had they been open. The index itself reflects the movement of the stocks that make it up and is weighted so that the biggest stocks have the biggest impact on how much it moves. So, in theory, in the unlikely event that both Vodafone and BP make substantial gains (on any given day) but all other 98 stocks in the index drop in value, the index could still rise because of the weight that these two stocks have.
Tim.

trading volatility

What's the best way to trade stock market (index) volatility, without favoring up or down direction. I'm thinking index options, but which, and how best set up the trade?

stevenjs

Status
Not open for further replies.