Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is a good swource for education??

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

what is a good source for forex education??

Hi folks,

I've been wanting to have a look at pivot points but I can't find them on my Meta Trader demo or on IG Index. Any ideas please.

Norm

Hello!

I`d like to ask what is the minimum deposit generaly needed to fund an account for commodities futures trading? What about for CFDs? And for spread betting?

Thanks!

lo guys--what's best way to interpret volume &open interest? thanks-

:?:
This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Basis/Premiums

Hi,
Just recently started a trainee role in a commodity trading house and have been thrown into the deep end of Oilseeds! Was hoping someone would be able to explain to me premiums and how they work in layman's English. For example the premium of argentinian sbo over brazilian sbo - understand the fundamentals such as lower production costs in one country as opposed to the other, but who sets the premiums?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best Fully automated software

Please could someone tell me which is the best automated software to buy?:D

Marcia, what type of software are you looking for?

Hi, I'm a newbie too. I've signed up with IG Index and I'm now looking for data mining software to identify trends using the ADX indicator + other stuff (to get started spreadbetting).

I've looked at Sharescope which is excellent but, to get access to ADX the price goes from £14 monthly to £28 monthly for the end-of-day data downloads which is too much.

I've also looked at Equis metastock, which is much clunkier than Sharescope but costs $499 upfront and then $25 monthly I think.

So, does anyone know software than can download or provide access to, end-of-day data, with data mining using all the main indicators particularly trend ones, to create watch lists of stocks?

There's a lot of unanswered questions up there so I thought I would throw up thinkorswim.com is an excellent charting platform.

Globalfutures.com you can day trade the minis with a 300 dollar margin and no minimum deposit, but you would need at least 310 dollars, and better hope your first trade hits.

Hi Ya Sharky,

I am new on this forum and i was wondering weather or not i could get some assistance.

I would like to be a trader and was recomended by a x-trader to do do my FSA exams.
I would be very grateful if you could advise on which particular exams to take.

Thanks for the help.

Kaz

Hi Guys, Tell me why?

The US economy is in a Sh***, it is bancrupt, worst than any other economy in the world, yet the US Dollar has seen one of the BIGGEST EVER bull run in th epast decade!

WHY??? Fundamentally it is BULLS*****, but technically yes there were signals for a bull run
can you help me?
Are there any tutorials / articles on the web?

Charts don't lie, every this else does. If you could just follow news headlines, and the market followed neatly, no one would need to work. The things happening now have already been priced in, to the large part. I don't really know what moves the currency market, I don't trade it, but charts and trends are you friend. Learn how to read these, and believe these above all else. News might be saying that the world is saved, but charts might tell you that big money is unloading shares. Believe me, the charts are right.

I imagine this site has just about everything you could want to know it

Status
Not open for further replies.