Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a search for average down or adding to a loser Jaime.

There is a lot written about doing this.

right click on the indicator you're trying to download.
Save as:
program files/metatrader/experts/indicators/"indicator name"

then next time you open up Navigator on your Meta charts, go to the Experts ......

:confused: thanx rathcoole,iv now got one in the right place and it does come up in the nav. in the custom indicaters folder BUT it still doesnt work!!
gonna try again at least i know what to do now,mabye one day it will work!!lol
happy hunting

Just how do I find breakouts

here you'll see there were 2 previous attempts, w/c 9 Jan & w/e 31 Jan , to rise above 1.4965
after the second correction price resumed upwards from 1.440

place a Stop Buy above the previous Highs, ie at 1.4970 or thereabouts, sit back and WAIT !!

Once it triggers, Exit on break of trend or whatever parameters you decide - BBsqueeze, or when Momentum goes red, whatever

But don't rue the "missed" pips between 1.440 and 1.4970
Better, imho to jump on the train once it's already motoring, than while it's still pootling around in the sidings.

not going to get into the intricacies of scaling in vs. scaling out on this thread, but it's something to think about too....

** Just took another look at the Exits on Momentum - if you got out when Mom when red, there were at least 3 subsequent Breakout Entries to get back into the trade :clap:

Attachments

• breakout from treble top.....jpg
    breakout from treble top.....jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 139
London futures broker

Hi everyone,

I would like to find a broker with the following requirements:
-The broker must have its headquarters in London.
-It must be possible to trade futures of indexes (futures of ftse, dax, dow jones...).
-It must be possible to trade via web, just with your internet browser, without having to download an application to your computer.
-Flat-rate in the commission that you pay for every trade, independently of the number of trades you make per month or any other thing.
-The lower the commission, the better.

I've been googling for a while, I haven't been able to find any broker with this characteristics.

Just how do I find breakouts

a good way to find breakouts is find the tight consolodation ranges (many happen overnight ,euro time)box the price in two lines and set buy/sell stop orders at either side of your line.a good example broke this morning with the eur/usd.happy hunting(y)

Attachments

• consolodation break.gif
    consolodation break.gif
    58.7 KB · Views: 177
Quick question

I am new to all this. I just have a quick question for everyone who trades. What stocks would one prefer to recive intraday quotes and end of day. Would it be equities, commodities, forex or so?

hi yawl,does anyone know of a good volume indicator for mt4??most people seem to think they are useless with forex is this true and if so are there any indicators which give similar info??
i am trying obv an the mo but without much success
thanx in advance :)

How to decide to buy Crude oil..?
I hope my question is not silly, but really i want to know this.

Thanks

brent crude oil historical data

Hi,
I'm looking for a reliable end-of-day brent crude oil historical data, abt 15 years long.
Also other data.

Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie learning to trade FX. Hope to get some ideas from experienced traders. I'm also not very good with my PC skills. Also hope to improve it.

Looking forward to learn a lot from the community! Good luck to all of us!!!

Kit

Option Brokers - demo

Hi,
Im interested in trading options, where the underlying asset can be stocks or forex. Does anyone know any option brokers (preferably in UK) that would allow me to trade on a demo account for practise without opening a real account and depositing money in it. I would like to test my strategy before I risk money. I found one broker but it asks me to sign up and deposit money into the account before I can use their demo account.

Many thanks,
Ali

hi i'm new to this site. i need some advice. i want to trade the bund outright. i use technicals, so i'll need a charting tool preferably something similar to CQG, but cheaper obviously. free preferably...

i also heard that you can avoid tax by trading via spread betting accounts. can you trade the bund outright in this way? i need to be able to work orders and get accurate prices.

so basically. where would you recommend me to start?

thank you so much. i'd appreciate any help.

Sang Chough

Hello and a question about Forex software

Hi, I am new to the site and forex trading. I did a small amount of Stock trading, but I have been recently investigating Forex and I think it has greater potential (assuming good Risk management of course).
I am considering opening an account with fxcm or cmsfx. I like the VTTrader charting and trading software that CMSFX provides (been practice trading with it for a few weeks now). However, I was also interested in Gecko Software which allows you to hold (hide) your stops locally to avoid Stop Hunting. I searched the site, but couldn't find any comments about Gecko SW (TrackNTrade Forex).
Anyone have any experience with Gecko SW?
Are CMSFX and FXCM brokers just as good as most?
On your site I found good comments about IB, but they have a 25K minimum I believe, and I want to start out small.
Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks for the invite to introduce.

Correction on IB info

Hi, I am new to the site and forex trading. I did a small amount of Stock trading, but I have been recently investigating Forex and I think it has greater potential (assuming good Risk management of course).
I am considering opening an account with fxcm or cmsfx. I like the VTTrader charting and trading software that CMSFX provides (been practice trading with it for a few weeks now). However, I was also interested in Gecko Software which allows you to hold (hide) your stops locally to avoid Stop Hunting. I searched the site, but couldn't find any comments about Gecko SW (TrackNTrade Forex).
Anyone have any experience with Gecko SW?
Are CMSFX and FXCM brokers just as good as most?
On your site I found good comments about IB, but they have a 25K minimum I believe, and I want to start out small.
Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks for the invite to introduce.

I contacted IB and I was wrong. The deal is that the minimum trade is 25k (25k lot) and you must have 2% balance to cover ($500 for a 25K lot or 50:1 leverage?). I guess that works out to about $2.5 a pip? In addition, to trade forex you need at least $2k in your account. I am certainly no expert, but I just wanted to try and correct my previous post for those interested. Still checking out Gecko and VTTrader anyway and would love to hear from more experienced traders. Thanks.

I've traded with FXCM back in 2005, the platform was OK quite reliable, free news feed was hilariously ****, and obviously the price action is only as good as the next SB firm. If you have the cash i would go for IB. I don't trade spot FX anymore, but i recently opened an IB account, and saw the FX platform which is pretty awesome - as close to interbank rates as you will get, and half pip movements on most major pairs. The customer services of both are ****. If you're trading news events or just scalping i'd go for IB because the price action through their system is more liquid, and it gives you more options in executing an order. But the platform might move a bit jerkily, because they've weighed it down with so many other functions and views which you won't need to deal with if you trade spot FX. Definately worth checking out out other vendors though, steer clear of SBs like CMC.
Hope that helps.

Hi - another newbie here ! - what a great site - much to learn.

I have been trading indices with moderate succces for a while, but my risk/reward would appear to be quite high - or low, depending on which way I look at it: 30ticks gained for 20 lost - that sort of thing. Have recently dipped my toes into currencies Do traders have a figure/profit target
(no of ticks) in mind, when getting into a trade. I always have very strict stops, so my losses are limited - but am slightly less organised when it comes to exiting. I tend to exit using one or two indicators that I like, but rarely have an initial target in mind.

As you can see I have a lot to learn. I look forward to a little advice.

With thanks

Red

Here's a question, which I'm sure has been debated before and has many threads but I'll try for a nice simple and clean answer. I've narrowed down my software selection to Metastock FX w/data OR Tradestation /w data.

Question, (for a beginner and to grow with) which is the better choice?

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.