Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

timsk

Legendary member
7,505 2,257
Blower’s cartoon in today’s Telegraph - brilliant! :)

BoJo the Tortoise.jpg

darktone

Veteren member
4,007 1,064
Doubtless, in the next few weeks I'll be offered one too and I'm wrestling with the decision whether or not to give in and do what 'they' want me to do or wheher to stick to my principles and politely decline their kind offer. Anyone else here experiencing the same quandary?
TIm.
Not really mate :giggle:
giphy.gif

If pressed, ive a cunning plan :sneaky:
Eu2zAIJWQAgIfH_.jpg

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,588 2,958
My stepson is currently serving a 10 day prison sentnce in solitary confinement having returned from the UAE yesterday. (He was working out there - not on holiday!) The room he's in is filthy and the BLT he was given for lunch was inedible. From the hotel's point of view, I do understand that when you're fully booked, no longer have to compete for business in the usual way and your income is virtually guarenteed - then the incentive to give a sh!t all but evaporates.

As an aside, today, Mrs. timsk is having her first jab. To be fair to her health centre, when she told them she didn't want the Pfizer vaccine but was happy to have the AstraZeneca one - they were very helpful and accomodating. The latter is what she's having. Doubtless, in the next few weeks I'll be offered one too and I'm wrestling with the decision whether or not to give in and do what 'they' want me to do or wheher to stick to my principles and politely decline their kind offer. Anyone else here experiencing the same quandary?
TIm.
Hi Tim,

I now know of few people who have had the vaccine, including a nurse and none of them had any issues. My mother and nephew have been followed up with some blood test checks and they seem to be both clear.

The only side affects one nurse mentioned was having a dead arm and some mild symptoms for a couple of days.

My partner and I have opted not to but now that summer time is coming up and the prospect of travel is in the air, she may need to have it or go into some isolation for 14 days nonsense. Still not clear on requirements. I will only have it if I am forced due to an obligatory need or work reasons but nothing on the horizon thus far.

One other comment was my daughter asking about whether she should have one. I said no need as she is young and probably already had something last year. Some of her friends at Salford Uni., have already had the virus and she was made to isolate.

I have no idea why they would give it to young people who are at little or no risk to the virus. Still don't buy into the asymptomatic tosh. I advised her to make her own risk assessments but that personally, I wouldn't. Her boyfriend seems to want to have it so as to avoid all the fuss. Neither of them are too bothered either way. I'm reaching a similar opinion. anything for a quiet life. Both vaccines seem to be well received so hoping the whole sh!t show should die down and just become another flue strain in the next 10 years.

Much ado about nothing.

In summary, my sentiment is to only have it if not having it stops me from doing whatever I may like to do.

All the best, (y)

Last edited:

postman

Legendary member
27,469 3,717
Hi Tim,

I now know of few people who have added including a nurse and none of them had any issues. My mother and nephew have been followed up with some blood test checks and they seem to be both clear.

The only side affects one nurse mentioned was having a dead arm and some mild symptoms for a couple of days.

My partner and I have opted not to but now that summer time is coming up and the prospect of travel is in the air, she may need to have it or go into some isolation for 14 days nonsense. Still not clear on requirements. I will only have it if I am forced due to an obligatory need or work reasons but nothing on the horizon thus far.

One other comment was my daughter asking about whether she should have one. I said no need as she is young and probably already had something last year. Some of her friends at Salford Uni., have already had the virus and she was made to isolate.

I have no idea why they would give it to young people who are at little or no risk to the virus. Still don't buy into the asymptomatic tosh. I advised her to make her own risk assessments but that personally, I wouldn't. Her boyfriend seems to want to have it so as to avoid all the fuss. Neither of them are too bothered either way. I'm reaching a similar opinion. anything for a quiet life. Both vaccines seem to be well received so hoping the whole sh!t show should die down and just become another flue strain in the next 10 years.

Much ado about nothing.

In summary, my sentiment is to only have it if not having it stops me from doing whatever I may like to do.

All the best, (y)

I have no idea why they would give it to young people who are at little or no risk to the virus.

The answer to all questions like this is MONEY!

Someone is making money from each vaccine they force people to take, so they pressure for more regulation (with money) to force more people to have it.

Reactions: Atilla

postman

Legendary member
27,469 3,717
Figures released by the National Audit Office show that the UK has spent a total of £12bn on its vaccination campaign so far. The bill includes £2.9bn paid for a total of 267 million doses of five different coronavirus vaccines.

The UK is believed to have spent between £24 and £28 per dose on the Moderna jab, the Daily Mail reports. The domestically produced Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine cost the government around £3 per jab, according to the BBC, while the Pfizer/BioNTech jab has a price tag of around £15.

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,115 2,955
Not at all, not even for a moment.

I will tell them in no uncertain terms exactly where they can stick their experimental new fangled vaccine.

(and it's ain't somewhere the sun shines)

😁

MOC nails it again.

Experimental new fangled.

What it is not. A vaccine in any common understanding of traditional vaccines.

timsk

Legendary member
7,505 2,257
Not at all, not even for a moment.

I will tell them in no uncertain terms exactly where they can stick their experimental new fangled vaccine.

(and it's ain't somewhere the sun shines)

😁
It's interesting that quite a few of us here appear to be 'vaccine hesitant' - or whatever the new jargon is. I don't want it, not least because I've never been vaccinated against anyting - ever - and see no reason to start now. However, I do want to travel to mainland Europe and I think there's virtually no prospect of being able to do that - either without the innevitable C-19 passport - or having to go through the sort of nonsense that my stepson is having to endure right now. That's the main reason for considering having the jab. Anyway, talking of my stepson . . .

Since my ealier post about him, he's sent some pictures of his room and the thick layer of dust is plain to see. Also, the bathroom had no loo paper in it and he had to take a shower to wash himself!The food is cooked off the premises and stone cold by the time it arrives and, from the picture he sent his mum - looks revolting. So, with nothing else to do but contemplate his dirty room, poor food and service (for which he's paying £1,750), he's written to his MP and cc'd Matt Hancock. I'll update y'all if he gets any replies.
Tim.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: postman and Atilla

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,115 2,955
It's interesting that quite a few of us here appear to be 'vaccine hesitant' - or whatever the new jargon is. I don't want it, not least because I've never been vaccinated against anyting - ever - and see no reason to start now. However, I do want to travel to mainland Europe and I think there's virtually no prospect of being able to do that - either without the innevitable C-19 passport - or having to go through the sort of nonsense that my stepson is having to endure right now. That's the main reason for considering having the jab. Anyway, talking of my stepson . . .

Since my ealier post about him, he's sent some pictures of his room and the thick layer of dust is plain to see. Also, the bathroom had no loo paper in it and he had to take a shower to wash himself!The food is cooked off the premises and stone cold by the time it arrives and, from the picture he sent his mum - looks revolting. So, with nothing else to do but contemplate his dirty room, poor food and service (for which he's paying £1,750), he's written to his MP and cc'd Matt Hancock. I'll update y'all if he gets any replies.
Tim.
We wanna see the pics don't we boys. Otherwise...we might not believe ya ! :ROFLMAO:

MasterOfCoin

Established member
769 296
So, with nothing else to do but contemplate his dirty room, poor food and service (for which he's paying £1,750), he's written to his MP and cc'd Matt Hancock.
Shhhhh. Don't tell him, but ....
Prison cells are cheaper (and the Taxpayer foots the bill anyway) and cleaner, however the food is likely just as bad.

As to the whole travel thing, the fly in that particular Blair snake-ointment plan will likely be the new variants popping up like daisies in their best laid draconian lawn compliance regime. Which makes it impractical and ineffective, as well as morally repugnant and objectionable.

Once the whole covid fuss blows over, some other thing is the next big threat and airlines want to pack planes with passengers for profit, they'll be lobbying for deregulation just as loudly as they're clamouring for it right now.

;)

Reactions: timsk

timsk

Legendary member
7,505 2,257
We wanna see the pics don't we boys. Otherwise...we might not believe ya ! :ROFLMAO:
Just for you c_v . . .
Btw - pic #3 - don't look at the flaky paintwork - look at what's on the floor. Not really what you'd expect from a 4 star hotel is it!
;-)

Attachments

• hotel 1.jpg
    hotel 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • hotel 2.jpg
    hotel 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • hotel 3.jpg
    hotel 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • chicken curry.jpg
    chicken curry.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 17

Atilla

Legendary member
19,588 2,958
Just for you c_v . . .
Btw - pic #3 - don't look at the flaky paintwork - look at what's on the floor. Not really what you'd expect from a 4 star hotel is it!
;-)
OMG that looks vile :eek:

That really is criminal!

🤬🤬🤬🤬

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,115 2,955
Just for you c_v . . .
;-)

I think you have a very good case for insisting on compensation. In fact, maybe the non biased MSM would like to get involved.

Oh hang on, that would break the rules though wouldn't it.....allowing someone to do their job.

Never mind, I would continue with the photographic evidence and badgering the MP's.

That is deffo not worth £75 a night, let alone £175.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock